PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 3000 point escalation (for fun)

hlaine larkin
12-01-2010, 21:11
see post 60 for the latest list! (page 3)

current model count-

120 saurus warriors
20 temple guard
a slaan
40 skink skirmisers
6 terradons

leeoaks
12-01-2010, 21:14
Thats funny. How will you kill big chunky fying monsters?

hlaine larkin
12-01-2010, 21:18
combat res :D and the fact i am saurus with spears :P although i was tempted to drop a priest and take a bsb for the re roll and maybe drop a unit of saurus.

also as it is a army composition points (so you gain bonus points for 'fluffy' lists so twin hydra lists will get very few bonus points) i am hoping that the big monsters are limited :P

also the priests are both level 2's so i might get a few spells off and lightning bolts are fun (though comets are dangerous :P)

i had also considered taking the 2 priests and then 22 units of 20 ranked skinks but realised it would be rubbish. (but 440 skinks would look cool)

hlaine larkin
12-01-2010, 21:25
scar vet
maiming shield
burning blade of chotec
light armour
cold one
bsb 185

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

skink priest
level 2
2xdispel scroll

skink priest
level 2

18 saurus warriors
full command
spears 246

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

revised list (the cold one is just there for a +2 armour save for the scar vet giving him a 1+ save, he will sit in the unit of 18 saurus naturally)

1k list-
skink priest lvl 2, 2 scrolls,
skink priest lvl 2
scar vet as above

2 units of saurus (1 is 18 man)

1500- add 2 saurus units

2k- add 2 saurus units

2999 add last priest and 3 saurus units.

Bard Harlock
12-01-2010, 21:37
It's a bit of fun, sure. I might trim all the units down to 18 and squeeze in two units of 14 skink skirmishers. That would cost only 4 more points than what you have now. So, if that puts you over, one unit of 13, one of 14. You'd have the same number of Saurus blocks plus 56 poisoned blowpipe shots per turn.

hlaine larkin
12-01-2010, 21:39
its a good idea, and i might drop another block of saurus and fill the void with skink skirmishers- and maybe drop the 3rd priest and do the same, but if i drop to 18 i may aswell drop to 15- as i want to run it in 5 x4 blocks so i get maximum standing combat res-to be able to flank i have to stay there a turn after i am charged (beecause at movement 4, i am likely to be charged lets face it )
however, good shout in skirmishers!

hlaine larkin
12-01-2010, 21:41
so- another list!

scar vet
maiming shield
burning blade of chotec
light armour
cold one
bsb 185

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

skink priest
level 2
2xdispel scroll 150

18 saurus warriors
full command
spears 246

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

20 saurus warriors
full command
spears 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

100 poisoned shots can deal with big gribblys :D

Killboss
13-01-2010, 04:21
You could probably get away with not needing to drop a saurus block if you did: Make the units 18 (20 is good though, i'd still deploy 6 accross though, that way you can hold RB longer) or/and if you do something i always tell people to do: DROP CHAMPS they're pretty much useless. 12 points on an 11/12 point model... for 1 more attack. You coul then use these points to buy the skinks.

titos334
13-01-2010, 04:30
The list actually looks really good to me. I mean if the enemy cant break a unit of saurus on a charge they will be flanked and screwed in the next round of combat. the huge ammount of skinks can take out the dangerous units pretty well. Lots of wounds will always lead to missed saves on calvary or wounds on the Big beasties out there.

hlaine larkin
13-01-2010, 06:10
You could probably get away with not needing to drop a saurus block if you did: Make the units 18 (20 is good though, i'd still deploy 6 accross though, that way you can hold RB longer) or/and if you do something i always tell people to do: DROP CHAMPS they're pretty much useless. 12 points on an 11/12 point model... for 1 more attack. You coul then use these points to buy the skinks.

the problem with dropping champs is i get +1 army composition point for taking full command in units and +1 for having US 20 in troop choices- this means i have +14 at the moment (the max you can get is +10 points) so i dont wanna lose that :D

The list actually looks really good to me. I mean if the enemy cant break a unit of saurus on a charge they will be flanked and screwed in the next round of combat. the huge ammount of skinks can take out the dangerous units pretty well. Lots of wounds will always lead to missed saves on calvary or wounds on the Big beasties out there.

this is what i was thinking- it started out as a jokey list but it is one of the pure core choice lists that could work!

hlaine larkin
13-01-2010, 12:56
okay new list to include a lord- (mainly for the horned one)

old blood
shield of the mirrored pool (magic missile immunity- people won't risk it after the first)
burning blade of chotec
light armour
horned one
talisman of protection
bsb 280

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

skink priest
level 2
2xdispel scroll 150

18 saurus warriors
full command
spears 246

18 saurus warriors
full command
spears 246

18 saurus warriors
full command
spears 246

18 saurus warriors
full command
spears 246

18 saurus warriors
full command
spears 246

18 saurus warriors
full command
spears 246

18 saurus warriors
full command
spears 246

18 saurus warriors
full command
spears 246

10 skink skirmishers 76
brave

10 skink skirmishers 76
brave
10 skink skirmishers 76
brave
10 skink skirmishers 76
brave

10 skink skirmishers 76
brave

10 skink skirmishers 70

the idea is i will have + 4 static combat res for each saurus unit- hoping that if i am charged with spears i will be able to fight back and get more combat res- so hopefully i will stay to get a charge.
the skinks are there to kill the gribblys (they have braves for spare points and more comp points
hopefully because the BSB's unit (who is just there for added static combat res and re rolls) are slightly larger people will chuck there first magic missile at them :D doing a little damage just for fun.

what do you guys think?

Killboss
15-01-2010, 12:46
Well, your reasons are fair indeed.

I must say though: the Oldblood can't be a BSB. A scar-vet has to. I would also that that the Horned one isn't really worth it. Especially NOT in an all-infantry army like yours. Instead, i'd take:

Scar-Vet, BSB, shield of the Mirror Pool and the burning blade. That should come in at (if my no-army book maths is correct) about 160 pts. And having a magical Cold One in the unit won't be too sus.

hlaine larkin
15-01-2010, 16:04
oh yeah, i didnt notice he couldnt i might take something out and stick the bsb in.

the reason he has the horned one is because it makes him a torpedo (i.e he can charge out of the unit to hit lone characters and things, it also gives him a 0+ save :D (he has the horned one so i dont have to worry about stupidity (and movement 8) but i might drop him for more skinks or w/e.
also he sits in a unit of 18- taking up 2 spots and so gives that unit more static combat res.

thanks for pointing out he cant have the bsb though!! haha!

Killboss
16-01-2010, 17:43
No problem. If you still want something like that, (killy i mean) try a JSOD.

Scar-Vet, great weapon, jaguar pendant thingo (the one that lets them fly). He flies out of his unit, challenges/mauls a unit, the flies off. This is only advised if you know he can get into the combat where he can actually hurt...

Otherwise, something like this:

Scar-Vet, BSB, GW, (maybe enchanted shield, if you think he'll need it...). This way you still get your BSB, good save and can opener character (all those S7 attacks...)

hlaine larkin
16-01-2010, 17:46
hmm i liek your thinking, although i want the bsb to survive so i might go for lots of strength 5 attacks at -4 save and a 3+ A.S- either that or the shield, just because the amount of chaos warriors who use the 'd6+1 str d6+1 magic missile is silly- it means they can't hit my big unit :D , well they can but odds are they get hit back (it proved an effective tactic in a practise 2k game last week- a sorcerer of tzeentch scored 7 str 7 hits and they all got bounced back onto him + his disk haha! suicide :P)

edit- i know he gets the enchanted shield save and there shouldnt be anything else infront of him, so i guiess its a call between 5 str 5 or 4 str 7-both at -4, but one not striking last, however great weapon won't be good in the long run as his survivability won't be high in prolonged combat. i shall test both and make a call!

Killboss
17-01-2010, 02:30
Eh, his survivability is better then you'd expect. He'll cut down (about) 3 guys from his 4 attacks. If he has LA as well, then he's got a reasonable save. I know, because these can openers are really useful against my friend's WOC. However, it is your call, and the shield of the mirror pool is great (I have it on my BSB in a cold one unit, it saves them from stuff like nasty Tzeentch spells, and Nurgle snipers.

The other point, is, that the GW+LA BSB come in at something like 120 points (with the GW an LA alone he's less then 100 points). The burning blade, however, is AWESOME and my CO mounted BSB uses it (incase they run into chaos knights or something).

Now almost all you have to do is get this army lol.

Shazarn
17-01-2010, 08:32
3000pts and no Carnosaur... brings a tear to my eye.
Anywho, if I saw that comming up against me, i'd have to go change my underwear. the prospect of 206 models, 144 of which being saurus with a 4+ save and having 21 attacks/round, is just staggering!

Have you thought of specializing one of your skinks to go caster hunting? Take the Blood Statuette of Spite and The Cloak of Feathers. Fly 30" up the board first turn and hunker down behind some terrain. 2nd turn, fly out and hit the statue on their big bad caster. Worst case Scenario, A High Elf Archmage. You have a 1 in 125 chance (1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2, most casters are T3 anyway) of insta killing him turn 2. Pity its bound at lvl 5 so try and blow him up with some comets and forked lightning first before attempting it. Still, it'd be heller fun to watch someones head explode when their necromancer or Lich Priest dies turn 2 to a 150pt Skink! For fun right? :)

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 09:02
3000pts and no Carnosaur... brings a tear to my eye.
Anywho, if I saw that comming up against me, i'd have to go change my underwear. the prospect of 206 models, 144 of which being saurus with a 4+ save and having 21 attacks/round, is just staggering!

Have you thought of specializing one of your skinks to go caster hunting? Take the Blood Statuette of Spite and The Cloak of Feathers. Fly 30" up the board first turn and hunker down behind some terrain. 2nd turn, fly out and hit the statue on their big bad caster. Worst case Scenario, A High Elf Archmage. You have a 1 in 125 chance (1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2, most casters are T3 anyway) of insta killing him turn 2. Pity its bound at lvl 5 so try and blow him up with some comets and forked lightning first before attempting it. Still, it'd be heller fun to watch someones head explode when their necromancer or Lich Priest dies turn 2 to a 150pt Skink! For fun right? :)

there was indeed the temptation to take it, the problem being they are both enchanted however i might swap a scroll out for it- because it doesnt need line of sight and doing it to teclis is just funny :D

the reason no carnosaur is he on his own is worth almost an entire saurus unit! whole 4 attacks, doing d3 wounds at str 7 and terror is good.

wait.

strength 7 and terror?! hmm...no! must resist haha!

yeah i want lots of saurus so i will drop the old blood to a scar vet bsb, then stick the saurus units up to US20- just for fun :D

oh and last thing- it isnt a 3k list- the idea is if we have games up to 2k- people put their lords in at 2000 points.- then the 2, 2999 games mean that you get no more specials,rares,heroes or characters- so the hope is people will use the rarer core troops (which is usualy the aim of this guys tourneys- to encourage core troop armies for composition points). so reluctantly i will use strength 4, 12 point,4+ save,2 attacks,fight in 2 rank core troops. 150 of them.

Shazarn
17-01-2010, 09:51
My gosh, I forgot the enchanted items rule... stupid Australian, think British! Ok, In that case, either A scroll, Diadem of power just to tick off the magic users or go for broke.
Change him to a Chief, throw him on a Terradon, LA, Shield and Dagger of Sotek (killing blow) and The Blood Statue. Kill Teclis by lopping his block off with KB or make him take toughness tests for his life, or for funzies, drop rocks on his head! Any one of those 3 is going to make one dead caster. Against Undead armies, might even be fun to use the Burning Blade and the maiming shield. Take that Necromancer! Better yet, when something nasty charges you, flee and then fly over it next turn, dropping rocks.

On the Carnosaur issue, let me paint you a picture with my imagination brush. You see a Elf Prince on a Dragon and can see the smug look on his face from your end of the table. You then see that your Carnosaur is within charge range and think time to take this smart @$$ down! Blade of Revered Tzunki and Maiming Shield. 6 S6 hits. 3 Hits, 2-3 wounds with only his ward save to spare him. The Carnosaur then does something nasty to his dragon. Your 460pt Lord has just killed his 600 something pt general. Bam! Whats also fun is the Scimitar, Maiming Shield and Bane head. 8 S6 Attacks, 5hits. 4 wounds at -2 so looking at probably a 3+ (im assuming said prince has a 1+ armour save) which works out to 2 wounds, which are doubled into 4 thanks to the bane head. Bye Bye Princey!. Of course you have to get around the issue of his attacks on you which could be quite nasty. Reguardless, Still looks appealing don't it.

On the topic of your army list, if you axe the champion from each unit, your getting an extra model/block. Or use the extra 108 points an another scroll caddy (assuming you can find 7 points somewhere, take 1 spear out of every block?)

Lookin Deadly as all hell at the moment though

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 12:31
My gosh, I forgot the enchanted items rule... stupid Australian, think British! Ok, In that case, either A scroll, Diadem of power just to tick off the magic users or go for broke.
Change him to a Chief, throw him on a Terradon, LA, Shield and Dagger of Sotek (killing blow) and The Blood Statue. Kill Teclis by lopping his block off with KB or make him take toughness tests for his life, or for funzies, drop rocks on his head! Any one of those 3 is going to make one dead caster. Against Undead armies, might even be fun to use the Burning Blade and the maiming shield. Take that Necromancer! Better yet, when something nasty charges you, flee and then fly over it next turn, dropping rocks.

On the Carnosaur issue, let me paint you a picture with my imagination brush. You see a Elf Prince on a Dragon and can see the smug look on his face from your end of the table. You then see that your Carnosaur is within charge range and think time to take this smart @$$ down! Blade of Revered Tzunki and Maiming Shield. 6 S6 hits. 3 Hits, 2-3 wounds with only his ward save to spare him. The Carnosaur then does something nasty to his dragon. Your 460pt Lord has just killed his 600 something pt general. Bam! Whats also fun is the Scimitar, Maiming Shield and Bane head. 8 S6 Attacks, 5hits. 4 wounds at -2 so looking at probably a 3+ (im assuming said prince has a 1+ armour save) which works out to 2 wounds, which are doubled into 4 thanks to the bane head. Bye Bye Princey!. Of course you have to get around the issue of his attacks on you which could be quite nasty. Reguardless, Still looks appealing don't it.

On the topic of your army list, if you axe the champion from each unit, your getting an extra model/block. Or use the extra 108 points an another scroll caddy (assuming you can find 7 points somewhere, take 1 spear out of every block?)

Lookin Deadly as all hell at the moment though

i like your ideas and i have never run a carnosaur before so i will write a list!

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 12:34
Eh, his survivability is better then you'd expect. He'll cut down (about) 3 guys from his 4 attacks. If he has LA as well, then he's got a reasonable save. I know, because these can openers are really useful against my friend's WOC. However, it is your call, and the shield of the mirror pool is great (I have it on my BSB in a cold one unit, it saves them from stuff like nasty Tzeentch spells, and Nurgle snipers.

The other point, is, that the GW+LA BSB come in at something like 120 points (with the GW an LA alone he's less then 100 points). The burning blade, however, is AWESOME and my CO mounted BSB uses it (incase they run into chaos knights or something).

Now almost all you have to do is get this army lol.

well i have 50 skinks and 60 saurus at the moment -so 4 boxes of saurus should be easy enough, i am getting rid of my space hulk and the lovely british government give me money for studying- with a nice £100 bonus so that is the least of my worries!

also i am tempted to take the carnosaur so the new list is coming soon!

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 12:55
okay guys here is the next idea but first to explain again- i need the champs unfortunately as you get up to 10 points (equivalent to a win) at the beggining of the tourney depending on 'fluff factor' and having full command (or all avaliable command in the case of the skinks) gives +1- and i want to make sure i get +10. so here we go-

old blood 145
light armour 10
enchanted shield 15
burning blade of chotec 20
carnosaur pendant 20
aura of quetzl 40
carnosaur 210 450

skink priest 65
2 dispel scrolls 50 115

skink chief 55
terradon 30
sword of might 20
shield of the mirrored pool 30 135

3 terradons 90

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

10 skink skirmishers
brave 76

10 skink skirmishers
brave 76

10 skink skirmishers
brave 76

10 skink skirmishers
brave 76

the skink has sword of might for the fun of it- strength 5 skink = funny in my books- he has the shield of the mirrored pool as in my experience people can't shoot or charge terradons so they hit them with magic missiles :D
the unit of terradons is there because last time a guy took 2000 points worth of night goblins and 18 fanatics, so useful there and a bsb on his own in a chariot, so rocks can be dropped on such things!
i dropped saurus to 15 to allow for the carnosaur so i now have 9 smaller units (easier to fit on the board)
as for the carno character he has the frenzy item as the carnosaur has the same rule- so he may aswell, the burning blade for all thsoe nice hellpit abominations we will see and other such flaming units which he can easuily take on with his carnosaur (and terror is fun :D) the aura gives him a good chance of taking no wounds in combat- 1+ save, -1 to hit him sounds fun :D

so yeah,feedback appreciated!

(for quick info- total saurus count = 135 and 1 on a carno :D

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 13:07
double post :/

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 15:35
also guys- what about the skink as bsb- hiding behind my army til he is needed to drop rocks? thoughts?

Shazarn
17-01-2010, 16:00
Is it just me that thinks a flying bsb is broken? Meh!

The cheezyness of a brave on a terrodon with the plaque of dominion is just wrong in so many ways. Teclis may be the best Mage, but not if he fails his stupidity test :)

reguarding the carnosaur, that's one nasty build for him there! Good call on the Carno pend but I was worried about him being pulled around by the nose early game. If anything, I'd make him the last addition to the list in up to 2999. I'll have a think over night and post any more ideas in the morning.

koningswulf
17-01-2010, 16:19
If you gonna put in a carnosaur I tend to go

Oldblood + light armour
Scimitar of the Sun
Maiming Shield
Carnosaurs Pendant
Carnosaurs

That gives 9 A str5 as well as 4 A (5 A after first wound) str7 d3 wounds.
Taking the Pendant makes the Lord Frenzy and immune to Psychology.
Can sometimes be bad with the must charge but since the Carnosaurs get frenzy anyway after first blood its basicly just in turn 1-2 it makes a difference. With his great movement and not being a large target that is seldom a problem anyway.
Those 13-14 A hit on 3+ cripples any infantry unit as well as any multiple wounds monster since the Carnosaurs do d3 wounds per hit as well with 7str!!!
With him having 2+Ac and T5 and 3W and not a large target I am not to worried about him. He tend to get stuck up in combat in turn2 regardless after charges, after all he is a Aggressive offensive unit use him like that and dont worry tomuch about defence remeber the best defence is to go all out offense :)

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 16:29
Is it just me that thinks a flying bsb is broken? Meh!

The cheezyness of a brave on a terrodon with the plaque of dominion is just wrong in so many ways. Teclis may be the best Mage, but not if he fails his stupidity test :)

reguarding the carnosaur, that's one nasty build for him there! Good call on the Carno pend but I was worried about him being pulled around by the nose early game. If anything, I'd make him the last addition to the list in up to 2999. I'll have a think over night and post any more ideas in the morning.

i will make him the bsb, but plaque of dominion is in line of sight and it is a stupidity tests- most wizards will pass that- but i am tempted to make him bsb and then sit him behind my army once the terradons have fulfilled their roles.
and lastly i think i will put him in at 2999- for the simple reason i need a solid general unit- else it will be the scroll caddy!

the carno pend will only make him frenzied once he does a wound (like the carnosaur) and so i am not worried about that,

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 16:31
If you gonna put in a carnosaur I tend to go

Oldblood + light armour
Scimitar of the Sun
Maiming Shield
Carnosaurs Pendant
Carnosaurs

That gives 9 A str5 as well as 4 A (5 A after first wound) str7 d3 wounds.
Taking the Pendant makes the Lord Frenzy and immune to Psychology.
Can sometimes be bad with the must charge but since the Carnosaurs get frenzy anyway after first blood its basicly just in turn 1-2 it makes a difference. With his great movement and not being a large target that is seldom a problem anyway.
Those 13-14 A hit on 3+ cripples any infantry unit as well as any multiple wounds monster since the Carnosaurs do d3 wounds per hit as well with 7str!!!
With him having 2+Ac and T5 and 3W and not a large target I am not to worried about him. He tend to get stuck up in combat in turn2 regardless after charges, after all he is a Aggressive offensive unit use him like that and dont worry tomuch about defence remeber the best defence is to go all out offense :)

the only problem with the old one build there is armour saves, even at -2 woundign chaos knights on 3's isn't gonna kill too many- i liek the burning blade- it also helps for hellpit abominations and all things regened up!

as i said before on the carno pendant note- it is the same as the carno's rules so he is cool :D

koningswulf
17-01-2010, 18:15
Well Chaos Knights are tough but even so together with the carnousars attacks they together should kill aprox 3 knights not leaving any to strike back and winning the fight. Your build would get 2 less A and 5+Ac so its not a big favour killing more versus all other the 9+ Abuild is better.
But the build is mainly to attack all those with 4+ saves bigger infantry units, monsters, fast cav, warmachines, he rips those to pieces.
The more +3 hit Attacks you have the more wounds youll make.
Try it out in mock battle versus different opponents and youll see for yourself that all in all it is better.
Let the magic, shooting take care of the opponents knights, or attack them in support and they will break as well.
just my 2 cent :)

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 18:18
Well Chaos Knights are tough but even so together with the carnousars attacks they together should kill aprox 3 knights not leaving any to strike back and winning the fight. Your build would get 2 less A and 5+Ac so its not a big favour killing more versus all other the 9+ Abuild is better.
But the build is mainly to attack all those with 4+ saves bigger infantry units, monsters, fast cav, warmachines, he rips those to pieces.
The more +3 hit Attacks you have the more wounds youll make.
Try it out in mock battle versus different opponents and youll see for yourself that all in all it is better.
Let the magic, shooting take care of the opponents knights, or attack them in support and they will break as well.
just my 2 cent :)

i have no magic or shooting that will really bother knights at all, and the reason i went with that build is (like i said lots) it means that when players roll up with hydras, treemen and hellpit abominations (6/18 players had them) he rolls up with his burning sword of doom and annihalates them- besides i think that 9 attacks is sufficient with him and his mount, so i spent the rest of the points on survivability, he will still rip into small units and of course dispose of those nasty steam tanks!

koningswulf
17-01-2010, 18:35
well as I said your build is slighty more effective against those with 1+ Ac and those with Reg creatures but despite that more attacks is better in all other causes and thats bound to be most of the battles you do. Aprox 90% units are not 1+ac or reg.

That apart also If I was to be your opponent I would do my utmost not to get charged by your carnousar and Lord regardless of his choice because of the carnousars 5A str7 D3wounds.So even if you meet a army with those it is highly unlikely that youll get the chance to charge them.

As I said try it out in some mock battles versus different opponents or better yet count on it and youll see that I am right.

But then in the end its all up to you ofc :)
you asked for advice and thats what I am trying to give

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 19:16
well as I said your build is slighty more effective against those with 1+ Ac and those with Reg creatures but despite that more attacks is better in all other causes and thats bound to be most of the battles you do. Aprox 90% units are not 1+ac or reg.

That apart also If I was to be your opponent I would do my utmost not to get charged by your carnousar and Lord regardless of his choice because of the carnousars 5A str7 D3wounds.So even if you meet a army with those it is highly unlikely that youll get the chance to charge them.

As I said try it out in some mock battles versus different opponents or better yet count on it and youll see that I am right.

But then in the end its all up to you ofc :)
you asked for advice and thats what I am trying to give

i will definately try them both out- and on hindsight realised my message was a bit blunt and abrupt, it was down to a lack of time not offence so i am sorry :).

i will try them both but the burning blade is a favourite of mine anyways and if my carno can dictate the enemies movement i can use it not only as a hard hitting unit but as a threat to funnel their units they want to avoid!

RiTides Nids
17-01-2010, 20:49
I like this list on the second page- but does the oldblood need the carnosaur pendant if he's mounted on a carnosaur? I thought I read that it's redundant since the carnosaur will get frenzy after causing a wound anyway.

I'd like to see a little more magic defense! What about upgrading the skink priest to a level 2 and giving him the diadem of power? That would give you 2 more dispel dice at the cost of a scroll- worth it imho, since then you'll have 5 dispel dice instead of just 3! You won't be stopping anything with 3 at this point level.

Overall, it looks good, and I like the fact that you have a skink chief on a terradon :). Kudos for that!

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 20:55
i am trying to go for something different so thanks for the terradon compliment!

as for the old blood carny pendent you could be right tbh i was going with it to give him the extra attack and it didnt matter that he became frenzied because so did the carnosaur- i am also tempted to drop the -1 to hit me as the plan is stuff won;t get the chance to hit him

as for the priest i might give him the diadum instead for an extra 2 DD's although i think as a level 2 he really won't be getting much oppurtunity to cast anything so i might leave him where he is!

of course, if i drop those 2 items on the old blood that gives me 60 points to play with so maybe a glyph necklace and then sit on the 30 points and spend them on something- maybe if i drop a unit of skinks i can chuck another scroll caddy inwith 2 scrolls, so 6 DD and 3 scrolls. fun?

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 21:00
ah i see why a level 2 now- he can only store his own dice!

hlaine larkin
17-01-2010, 21:01
old blood 145
light armour 10
enchanted shield 15
glyph necklace 30
carnosaur 210 430

skink priest 65
dispel scrolls 25
diadem of power 115

skink priest 65
dispel scroll 25 90

skink chief 55
terradon 30
sword of might 20
shield of the mirrored pool 30
bsb 160

3 terradons 90

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

15 saurus
full command
spears 210

10 skink skirmishers
brave 76

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

135 saurus
35 skinks (2 priests,3 terradon riders,chief)
1 big gribbly carnosaur
5 dd
3scrolls

how does that look?
i think we are close- if not there! (it also meant i can write the 500,1000,1500 and 2000 lists aswell :D

Shazarn
17-01-2010, 22:24
G'day
A thought this morning from me:
Would it not be better to separate the chief on Terradon and the other unit. This allows for him to be where he needs to be whilst letting to other Terradons rain doom.

In terms of the list, Thats still alot of Saurus despite losing some for the Carno. Speaking of which, I think hes probably best filling the role of Monster Hunter/Unit Breaker as opposed to Character killer. Get a flank with him and stuff gon' die.
Im partial to both builds of the Carnosaur:
Scimitar, Maiming Shield, Carnosaur Pendent
Great unit killer setup, as well as medium save characters. Lacks Strength for Monsters though.
For a burning blade build i'd have:
Burning Blade, Maiming Shield, Carnosaur Pendent, Glyph Necklace/Amulet of Itzl
+2 attacks, -2 save and the ability to utterly destroy tomb kings, Hell Pit Aboms and s++-+ome VCs (I'd love to see the combat where this guy rears a TK in a chariot), and regarding the talismans, the Amulet of Itzl would be better against very shooty armies, else Glyph Necklace. I say this so our poor Oldblood doesn't get gibbed by a cannon. Fkin empire... lol. In a more general sense though, the Glyph Necklace is better.

The smaller lists would be useful. Btw, can you edit the list as much as possible between rounds or is it just adding for each point upping?

Killboss
18-01-2010, 05:01
I would say go for it, but then you'd have to buy a terradon unit for that chief (as a T3, 4+ save skink chief probably won't get far by himself) amd then you'll need to cut into saurii to get the points (not to mention it'll take you into the special section).

The carnosaur, I think, would be good, the only problembeing it costs (with rider, and no gear. I would say that you should add it, but I think it'd take lots of the 'character' out of the list (alot of footslogging, hard hitting, lizards) and I think that's too priceless to give up.

I don't mean to try to/sound like I'm shutting down ideas, but I think the character is just so great, and once the Oldnlood/scar-vet gear is done you could call it done...

Shazarn
18-01-2010, 05:08
The carnosaur, I think, would be good, the only problembeing it costs (with rider, and no gear. I would say that you should add it, but I think it'd take lots of the 'character' out of the list (alot of footslogging, hard hitting, lizards) and I think that's too priceless to give up.

I don't mean to try to/sound like I'm shutting down ideas, but I think the character is just so great, and once the Oldnlood/scar-vet gear is done you could call it done...

Hmm...

Killboss has it right, despite the awesomeness of the Carnosaur, it would take alot of the cohesion out of the list. How about some Razordons in its place though? On paper they're so nasty, never used one in a game though, but i'm dying to :evilgrin: up to 60 S4 hits as a stand and shoot? take that chaos knights!

hlaine larkin
18-01-2010, 06:13
razordons *shudder* i really dislike them and salamanders haha!

maybe your right, after all the old blood will fill the same role as a giant- hard hitter but shooting magnet!
sooo if i drop the carno another unit of 15? or shrink it to like 7 units of 18?

Shazarn
18-01-2010, 06:33
I read an interesting comment in another thread, acutally, it was Killboss here that said it.
He suggested using 6 wide units of saurus. Which is just brutal when you get down to it. 24 attacks a turn, ffs thats over powered, and imagine that on the charge. So 7 of 18 sounds like the nastiest option overall. Maybe make one unit 17 so you can chuck the old blood in there. Say you charge an equivilant unit of Empire Spearmen, which works out to be 36 (so 6x6) against your 6x3.
You strike first at 25 attacks, 4's to hit. 13 hits on average (rounded up), 3's to wound. 9 wounds at -1. 2 saves (Rounded up from 1.49999 for the sake of the empire players dignety), 7 dead spearmen. Front rank and one behind dead.
They attack back.7 attacks at 4's. 4 hits, at 5's to wound, 1 wound. Lets say 1 kill.
Resolution:
Lizardmen win by 4 (lets say both have full command, 7 kills -1 for empire has an extra rank, -1 for outnumber, -1 killed)
empire take a break test on Ld3. They're running!
So, in conclusion, units of 18 in 6x3 = awesome

koningswulf
18-01-2010, 10:09
Actually that is not correct since when you charge you cant attack with the second rank of spears
So when charging you would only have 13 A with champion included.
At all other times tho you can use the second rank but remember also that the saurus only has 2 Ini
so they will most of the time get casualties and seldom get the 25A.

That considering when we are at it why dont use 7x3?
Since all opponents have minimum 5 width that would mean
they all could strike in a 7 width formation
since it is corner to corner. :p

It might however be better to use 7x3,+ 5 modells in back.
You would still get the full +3 rankbonus since last rank is permitted to be 5 modells.
26 modells all in all in the unit then.
That would maximize the CR for you as well as attacks from the unit.
You would have + 5 CR from start along with either 15A str5 on the charge or 29A str4 minus causalties made by your opponent
in defence or static fight. You having more modells that him also will mean he lose -1 CR, very important to take note on.
More important something to remember is that having as many as 26 modells you will seldom autorun from fear
something with lizardmen cold blood ability is a big advantage when you are up against fear causing units.
If you only have 15-18 it is a high chance that you autorun but with 26 modells the chance are very small
since most dont have that many modells in their units, unless maybe zombies but they will take a lot more casualties so you should have more modells after casualties and thats counted after CR.

Killboss
18-01-2010, 10:50
Hmm...

Killboss has it right, despite the awesomeness of the Carnosaur, it would take alot of the cohesion out of the list. How about some Razordons in its place though? On paper they're so nasty, never used one in a game though, but i'm dying to :evilgrin: up to 60 S4 hits as a stand and shoot? take that chaos knights!
Wow, i thought it'd get ignored by how far along the topic is...... (i didn't notice it had 2 more pages.... stupid me). But anyway, i still think that going out of skinks + saurus is somewhat character killing... (though, because of the skinks, i don't think a unit or 2 of Hunting packs (atleast 2 strong, think of the comp points ;)) wouldn't go astray...

I've used the Razordons, and believe me, they're not what you expect, if you don't expect them to shred LOTS of things, then you can't be dissappointed (the missfiers are TERRIBLE). And stand and shoot... well, roll seperatly, because you'll get atleast 1 missfire, and you could claim it was on the same 'don as the 2 you rolled, but you opponent could also say its on the 'don that rolled 10... I find salamanders are alot... awesomeer though (sometimes less accurate, but i prefer them).

EDIT:

Actually that is not correct since when you charge you cant attack with the second rank of spears
So when charging you would only have 13 A with champion included.
At all other times tho you can use the second rank but remember also that the saurus only has 2 Ini
so they will most of the time get casualties and seldom get the 25A.

:wtf: Where does it say that you can't? I can't remember that... (and BTW, Saurii are I1)

How much is "most f the time"? Because, seriously, when they have a 4+ save, T4, and considering ALOT of troops are S3, they probablywont take too many casulties, maybe 1-3 at most.... (basic maths against spear S3 units is actually something like 1 death. More like .8 i think.)

That considering when we are at it why dont use 7x3?
Since all opponents have minimum 5 width that would mean
they all could strike in a 7 width formation
since it is corner to corner. :p

No. Just no. Never 7 across. Just no. The mobility of that would be a terrible, terrible thing, when you see how much a wheel takes, you'll explode. Also, 7 is sorta overkill.... and it'll almost never be used. Saurus are on a 25mm bases. Most infantry (besides WoC, but with them, you want to keep contact down, because WoC are one of the only things that can kill Saurus by the dozen) are 20 mm. So 5 wide (the usual) is 100mm. 6 Saurus is 150 (just enough, with corners) and 7 is 175mm, too big by 25mm (the 7th Saurus,) it doesn't work...

I read an interesting comment in another thread, acutally, it was Killboss here that said it.
He suggested using 6 wide units of saurus. Which is just brutal when you get down to it. 24 attacks a turn, ffs thats over powered, and imagine that on the charge. So 7 of 18 sounds like the nastiest option overall. Maybe make one unit 17 so you can chuck the old blood in there. Say you charge an equivilant unit of Empire Spearmen, which works out to be 36 (so 6x6) against your 6x3.

Damn, i seriously thought i said it here >_>...

So, in conclusion, units of 18 in 6x3 = awesome
Yay! I've converted another :)
They really do rock...

razordons *shudder* i really dislike them and salamanders haha!

maybe your right, after all the old blood will fill the same role as a giant- hard hitter but shooting magnet!
sooo if i drop the carno another unit of 15? or shrink it to like 7 units of 18?
I would honestly just keep to your origional idea, i love it so much, and its so functionable...

Oh, and Salamanders are better ;)

Sorry about the long post, but its better then a double one

Shazarn
18-01-2010, 12:20
@killboss hehe, there's some good stuff there.
@Koningswulf thanks for correcting that, shows just how long it's been since I played fantasy properly. (3 years at my best guess and pre 7th Ed.)
I see your point about 7x3 but if you run into elves, goblins, skaven or the like, you won't be getting that bonus (5 wide elves = 100mm, 7 wide Saurus = 175mm, that's 5, maybe 6 models at best) and having a nearly 7" wide unit seems unweildly. I'm looking at my unit of saurus now which I have ranked as 7 and they look like a pain in the **** to get around a tabletop.

The reason I'm suggesting units like carnosaurs, razordons and such is that the list is lacking something to take out t5 targets. Sure the saurus could try, but wounding on 5 and up is going to take alot time and models to take out something like a charging rat ogre unit. Perhaps kroxigors? It keeps with the army having either skins as meat Shields or just seeing the saurus marching along side their big brothers in units. Wouldn't look out of place in my opinion. They're like 55pts each? So a unit of 3 is going to set you back 165 pts. You could basically replace the carnosaur with 2x3 kroxigors
This would add the hard hitting power of the carnosaurs in a much more cohesive and all around more practical option.

EDIT: damned be to my iPod touch, ya beat me to the post killboss
actually yes I was reading the new rule book on weapons and I don't remember anything about not on the charge. Maybe you accidently did what I did and combined the infantry and cavelry riles producing something about the charge and fighting in two ranks. As I said, I did it too the first time. :p

On another note, I just tried to wheel said unit of saurus and my head exploded, it may take me a decent nights sleep to re-assemble, hehe. Again, I see your point Wulf but it just sounds a little too impractical in a game
and killboss, if you want to see a long post, click the link my sig for my slayer army, i'm thinking of publishing it, it's long enough :p

hlaine larkin
18-01-2010, 16:08
okay guys i am thinking of this- taking units of 20 saurus here is the list- (while 6x3 works well i would like the 3 ranks for combat rest! so here is what i got-
old blood 145
light armour 10
enchanted shield 15
glyph necklace 30 220

skink priest 65
level 2 35
dispel scrolls 25
diadem of power 150

skink priest
level 2 65
2xdispel scroll 25 150

skink chief 55
terradon 30
sword of might 20
shield of the mirrored pool 30
bsb 160

3 terradons 90

20 saurus warriors
spears
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
spears
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
spears
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
spears
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
spears
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
spears
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
spears
standard,musician 258

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

i have agreed it was going a tad off character so i have now kept it 99% skinks and saurus.

the idea behind the BSB (fluff wise) is he is a skink hero who was once a skirmisher brave and has picked a few guys as his personal retinue on the terradons so yeah same ideas as before!

Shazarn
18-01-2010, 22:05
I cannot find fault there. looks pretty solid.
Whats your plan for the army when you play this 2,999pt game.
Give us a rundown of your tactics
And your background seems fine for the terrodons. or just shrug and say I dunno, A unit of skinks went Avatar on my **** i guess... :D

Killboss
19-01-2010, 03:03
@killboss hehe, there's some good stuff there.

:D

EDIT: damned be to my iPod touch
Oh how i know this....

killboss, if you want to see a long post, click the link my sig for my slayer army, i'm thinking of publishing it, it's long enough :p
Done. And i have one hting to say: DAYUM

And your background seems fine for the terrodons. or just shrug and say I dunno, A unit of skinks went Avatar on my **** i guess... :D
This is great :D
I would sig this if i could find where to edit mine.

On the list, i don't think that 2 lv 2 casters will actually do anything at this level (you'd probably know more then me, as you actually sorta know who you game). So, what i'd do, is bump the skinks down to level 1, and just keep them on pure defence (and lets be honest, how many spells will actually do something to an army like this? so what, he go a fireball off on ONE Saurus unit...) and save yourself 70 points. Or, if you think you'll get off spells, then go for it :D

And a note on the Saurus, after 1 dies, you'll be back down to +2 combat res fom ranks... I suppose you could reform if you wanted to.... But i think an army with like any shooting whatsover will take down your lovely +3 bonus, to a +2.

koningswulf
19-01-2010, 04:40
With just 1 or 2 units of 7x3+5 saurus on the field I fully agree they are to unwieldy

But .................Not when you can pack the whole frontline with them! :cool:

The idea is just to have several 7x3+5 saurus units spread over the frontline so there wont be any need to wheel.
Use the skinks units in between where there is difficult terrain.
With a 3000pts army on a normal board you will have a full front line. :angel:

If you position 7 units of saurur 7 width 1" apart on a normal battlefield youll see what I mean with no need to wheel
and skinks units on the difficult terrain parts.

Youll get +5CR to start and the opponent wont get outnumber either and who in its right mind want to charge a full block saurus then with 29A str4 in wait he he, Just marsch them into his deployment zone and wherever he picks his fight he gonna die. You wont even have to fall into his flanks just slowly crush them under your saurus strengths.

It would be like the roman Legions, marching over the battlefield and crushing all beneath them! :D

Also really important as I said before with 26 models in the units you wont need to worry about fear-causing units either since nearly all time especially after combat youll outnumber him, so no autobreaks the bane otherwise for infantry blocks.

As for spears it says they can be used in 2 ranks when stationary under spears infantry text. Makes them ideal defensive weapons.
Page 36 rulebook They key word here is stationary.
Also I dont have the books at moment I am sure it states that in several other army books also.

hlaine larkin
19-01-2010, 05:40
thanks for youe comments as eevr- the reason the first guy is level 2 because of the diadum of power (and it means if either of them roll for a comet or lightning it's worth a try)
the second guys is a lvl 2 because i ahd 35 points to spare.

as for the plan ermm... hit em hard?

hlaine larkin
19-01-2010, 06:00
oh yeah- they are US20 as yeah, if i take a few casualties i can reform into ranks of 6- but having unit strength 20 units = +1 army composition point!
so atm i get 7 for that,6 for full commands and 1 for a bsb ( and it is -3 for having over 4 magic levels-3 per magic level over 4- so i thought i should make the most of it- 6 Power dice is a possibility for casting and means i have 2 1/3 chances of getting a celestial shield :D

hlaine larkin
19-01-2010, 06:01

so stolen for my sig.

Killboss
19-01-2010, 11:44
Youll get +5CR to start and the opponent wont get outnumber either and who in its right mind want to charge a full block saurus then with 29A str4 in wait he he, Just marsch them into his deployment zone and wherever he picks his fight he gonna die
Yeah, alot of that +5 will get cancelled out :evilgrin:/;)

And again, with the 'tiny' frontage on other races, you will not get all the Saurus in contact. And as i said, the only other 25mm armies i can think of are WoC, and again, in which case you DO NOT want full contact. And, of course, they could do the Skaven thing, and clip the unit (with the 1" apart, that's exculding possibly 2 saurus, not to mention getting 2 units in a tangle) and stay alive.... atleast, that's what i'd try to do.

thanks for youe comments as eevr- the reason the first guy is level 2 because of the diadum of power (and it means if either of them roll for a comet or lightning it's worth a try)
the second guys is a lvl 2 because i ahd 35 points to spare.

as for the plan ermm... hit em hard?
35 points is 5 skink skirmishers.... But, if you don't think you're going to get a spell off, drop the lv2 (so you can use the army dice) it'll be easyer. But, again, that's an IF.

so stolen for my sig.
How do i edit mine? I can't find it.... (maybe living in the Australian 'country' has effected me...)

oh yeah- they are US20 as yeah, if i take a few casualties i can reform into ranks of 6- but having unit strength 20 units = +1 army composition point!
so atm i get 7 for that,6 for full commands and 1 for a bsb ( and it is -3 for having over 4 magic levels-3 per magic level over 4- so i thought i should make the most of it- 6 Power dice is a possibility for casting and means i have 2 1/3 chances of getting a celestial shield :D
Well, again, i can't blame you :)

hlaine larkin
19-01-2010, 15:05
to edit it go to user cp at the top left, then again on the left is a bar saying ;edit signature;

as for the 35 points i am happy as is with the priests at level 2- i am normally a big magic playert- super slaan, priests on engines etc so yeah i thought i would change tact slightly

as for ' Just marsch them into his deployment zone and wherever he picks his fight he gonna die' that quote- yeah the person i have most difficulty winning against is a girl :D but thats because lady luck deserts me!

i think we are there people- thank you for your help!

(while 7x3 is a good idea in theory, it is too unmaneruverable and atm the space i have on my battle line is somewhat limited with 7 units of warriors :P

Killboss
20-01-2010, 00:11
Ah, thank you! BTW, is that Vincent in your avatar?

Ah, a change of tactics, it can work. And as for cramped line, i recently played 3K game with Skaven, 'nuff said.

Yes, lady luck leaves you.... Someone's being beaten by a girl :p

No problem, and good luck (by the sounds of it, you'll need it :p)

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 06:15
it is indeed vincent- he is pretty cool :D

however i am tempted to make one more change however.

if i drop the chief BSB and the 3 terradons i can do the following-

Scarvet-burning blade 140
-maiming shield
-bsb
light armour

oldblood changes to-
oldblood
-glyph necklace 30
-enchanted shield 15
-sword of the hornet (the always strikes first one 5 attacks at strenth 5 hehe before i get hit) 25

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 08:12
If that statement becomes famous, i'm comming for you guys.... Killboss first because hes conveniently south of me MuWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
And if you want lady luck, the braetonians will be more than happy to showcase theirs as knights run into you :)

So in other words, were going for saurus spam of 20's and 2 19's for the characters
I think at this point the list becomes less about min/maxing. Your either going to win or lose horribly. Out of curiosity, whats your plan for dwarfs and empire.
Charge and see what dies works fine... if there wasn't about 200 pistols/guns up the other end of the board waiting for you to step into range. Those pea shooters the Empire call handguns could cause a saurus to have to look away for a second to block the pellet with a shield, in doing so, stabbing his mate in the eye and causing him to shove his spear up the guy in front's jacksie. That's 1.5 wounds from a single block of empire, imagine what 3000pts worth of pea shooters will do! (and maybe a cannon or 2...)

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 13:17
oh yeah, and hell blasters- yeah i don;t have a big plan just the hope i can take a few casualties (and of course charge skink skirmishers at them, tie em up :D

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 15:33
Hmm,
Bear with me on this one.
Slann surrounded by temple guard?

Sounds out of character but it's still saurus based and it allows you to rain death from behind your battle lines by running/cloak of feathering your priests up. And I'm sure 4 extra PD a turn can't hurt. And beSides, I'd love to see what a well aimed conflag of doom would do commong from a slaan

also, I put down another novel of skink chief ideas here if your interested:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240883

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 15:59
well i was going to initially but thats near 600-800 points depdning on the expensiveness of the slaan- and while he is a solid lord i would have to lsoe 2 units of saurus and the old blood meaning only 100 saurus :D

although he would also be the BSB

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 16:16
guys- i have t osa Shazarn was right. i had a game yesterday and the slaan just dominated the magic, even though my opponent had a lvl 4 and a lvl 2 because of his awesome powers- so here is another re write.

still 140 saurus. 20 of which are hard core (who will be done 6x4)

Slaan
bsb
focused rumination
focus of mystery
becalming cogitation
warbanner
cupped hands
2xscroll 520

20 temple guard
banner,musician
totem of prophecy 391

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90

3 terradons 90

terradons for anti war machine and skinks aswell then big blocks of saurus.

being pedantic and other such big words associated with being rather stuffy about things, it is a nice symmetrical ist with the TG anchoring the center giving the slaan a large sight arc then 3 units of saurus each side, 20 skinks down each flank supported by terradons.

the price i had to pay however is a single character- my lord :D but he is a good un.

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 16:33
edit: evidently I was beaten to the punch posting comments, but it's nice to know my comet prediction came true. :D.

Out of curiosity what lore/spells did you take, get

Only 100 saurus!!!! Oh no!!!! Whatever will we do? Oh I have it,
Drop a F#%£€¥g meteor on their heads! That is the way of the severely ticked off toad

edit; will update when I get home

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 17:31
i went for metals- got all the spells (was playing a chaos list)

first spell, 12+ fury of the forge, killed 8 chaos knights.
second spell- distillation of molten silver- took 5 wounds from a giant
3rd spell rule of burning iron 2 wounds from his general (i had bane head)

and there are 140 saurus- 6 units with spears, 20 TG.

however i have 1 problem- i need another character to act as my general in other games, basically i need a scroll caddy to make sure that up to 2000 points i dont get obliterated by magic!

so the question is- what to drop for 2 more characters? basially i need 300 or so points- 270 would do it but i dont wanna give up my precious saurus :(

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 18:00
This is a pickle isnt it?
Dropping the skirms would leave flanks unprotected
Dropping the terrodons would cut down the ability to kill war machines
Dropping the Saurus will hurt Hlaine's ego (Joking)
hmmm....

the way I see it is you need a Priest in there anyway, so thats our best bet
Skink Priest = 150pts
lvl 2
2 scrolls

An idea,
Lets look at this from a Escalation point of view
Chuck up your intended lists as is for each point bracket (lets pretend that theres an imaginary 2 skink priests in there that cost 0pts each) and work at it from that stand point

This way we can see where we have to drop for 1000pts, where we can expand to 2000 (adding the 2nd priest) and finally to 2,999 or whatever other divisions are in there

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:06
well i have an idea- if i forsake my ego- thats 270 points.

that is a scar vet, 50 points of magic items and light armour and a skink priest with 2 scrolls
so i think i am gonna get rid of my ego :D

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:07
yeah, if i can find 11 points from somewhere (after dropping a saurus unit) i can put in a skink priest lvl 2 with 2 scrolls and then a scar vet, burning blade,mirrored/maiming shield and light armour

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 18:31
Got it! Rob a Train
Peter Griffin to Carter Pewterschmidt

Seriously though, did you remember to make one unit 19 for the Scar-Vet
if so, Unit champion

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:34
good shout :D but no i don't have a unit of 19 i will leave it at 20- means i can choose where he goes with more flexibility- i.e if my opponent puts there knigths on the left after my last saurus unit i can stick him in any one :D

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:35
This is a pickle isnt it?
Dropping the skirms would leave flanks unprotected
Dropping the terrodons would cut down the ability to kill war machines
Dropping the Saurus will hurt Hlaine's ego
hmmm....

also- very stolen.

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 18:36
Hmm, Best bet then is make one of the Saurus units not have a full command, that 12 points should do it

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:37
yeah- thats only because i want a level 2 :D

by the by- stop saying funny stuff my signature is nearly full!

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 18:40
Deal!
Show us the army lists for each of the point brackets then so i can make more horrible comments about it :evilgrin:

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:49
okay here we go-(not only did i add chars, but i foudn the extra points from a scroll from the slaan-4 scrolls a level 4 (making 1 enemy wizard ignore 6's) a level 2 and 3 scrolls should do it :D. i also added a champ to the temple guard- just so when ig nasty 8 attack gribblys come to fight, i challenge and limit them to 4 combat res- considering i have potentially 7 SCR i should be okay :D and of curse cause fear.
ALL SAURUS HAVE SPEARS IN ALL THE FOLLOWING LISTS!
here we go- 2999
Slaan
bsb
focused rumination
focus of mystery
becalming cogitation
warbanner
cupped hands
1xscroll 495

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

20 temple guard
banner,champ
totem of prophecy 398

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70
10 skink skirmishers 70
3 terradons 90
3 terradons 90

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:50
fragment lists-

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

3 terradons 90
500 ish

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

20 temple guard
banner,champ
totem of prophecy 398

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90

Slaan
bsb
focused rumination
focus of mystery
becalming cogitation
warbanner
cupped hands
1xscroll 495

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

20 temple guard
banner,champ
totem of prophecy 398

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:51
on a side note i am seriously considering taking that 2k list as my 2k army
its pretty solid :D

there she is.

she is all yours to destroy shazarn (just try not to do it humourously- i am running out of quote space in my sig.)

N810
20-01-2010, 18:52
Yea I supose you could only run 100 Saurus Wariors and still be feared. ;)

(No realy this list is looking prety solid) <- 2999 list

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:53
well it is 100 spearmen and 20 temple guard :D

N810
20-01-2010, 18:55
Do you actualy have enough models for these list yet :eek:
cause I would like to see a picture of that :D

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:55
Yea I supose you could only run 100 Saurus Wariors and still be feared. ;)

also stolen. lizardman related quotes = awesome :D

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 18:56
well at the moment i have 20 skinks all the temple guard, 40 saurus and lots of other irrelevent liek stegadons.

so no. i need 60 saurus and 20 skinks :D oh. and 6 terradons.

N810
20-01-2010, 18:59
Woo hoo I got Siged :D

PS. are you from the Salisbury in the UK
or one of the Salisburys in the US ?

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 19:07
On the topic of lizardmen related jokes; She must be a witch! She turned me into a newt!
A Newt?
..I got better...

Now for my nasty comments :evilgrin:
the 500pt list is illegal, only one core, easily fixed though

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

13 Saurus
Full command

12 Saurus
Full Command
=500pts on teh noze

Your 1500 list could be optomised better to get as close as possible to that 1500 cap, and i did it.

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

11 Saurus Warriors
Full Command 162

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90

The rest I cannot touch
What do you think about those 500 and 1500 lists?

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 19:08
the uk :D the real salisbury :P

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 19:10
On the topic of lizardmen related jokes; She must be a witch! She turned me into a newt!
A Newt?
..I got better...

Now for my nasty comments :evilgrin:
the 500pt list is illegal, only one core, easily fixed though

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

13 Saurus
Full command

12 Saurus
Full Command
=500pts on teh noze

Your 1500 list could be optomised better to get as close as possible to that 1500 cap, and i did it.

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

11 Saurus Warriors
Full Command 162

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90

The rest I cannot touch
What do you think about those 500 and 1500 lists?

i feel that my thoughts can be summed up in a word.

'yoink'

N810
20-01-2010, 19:14
the uk :D the real salisbury :P

Shame that... ;)
I live near the Maryland one... :(

oh well...

Can't wait to see some battle reports from these list. :D

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 19:18
well the next major thing to happen here will be a run down of all my games. then its deciding a GT list.

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 19:19
i am sure your salisbury is lovely too :D

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 19:23
I'd love a rundown of that last game you played in rough turn by turn, gives a good idea of whats happening.
Also, whyd you choose the lore of metal?

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 19:31
he had a unit of chaos knights, lord on a big steedy thing and a couple of chariots.

but okay turn by turn (it was insane luck!) my list was pretty pathetic too i took
slaan,
20 TG
eotg
2 big blocks of saurus.

he had-
2units of 10 marauder horsemen,
2 units of 5 dogs
9 chaos knights
lord on demonic steed
lvl 2 sorcerer
2 chariots
20 marauders
anyways-

turn 1- i get irrestible and wipe out 8 chaos knights.
do a few wounds on the giant with some magic, very little else.

second turn he runs forward- all his magic is wiped out by mine

my turn 2- more magic, stop a chariot from moving take some more wounds off the giant

his turn 2- giant (due to my bad maneauvering) charges my engine, takes out the stegadon but dies in the process. these were the only vps i lost.

next turn- 8 marauder horsemen and his lord charge my temple guard.
my champ fights his lord.
his lord does 1 wound which i save with armour (poor rolling for him)
my champ takes his last wound.
the horsemen bounce (i am on handwep.shield)
i kill 4 more- he loses lots and flees and fails to rally for the rest of the game.

he also has a flank charge on one of my saurus blocks with 5 dogs, 5 dogs in the front and 10 marauder horsemen (though only 1 gets into B2B)
as expected dogs do nothing , i win they break.

my next turn (he has got 2 chariots and 20 marauders with a sorcerer left and 8 fleeing horsemen)
one chariot dies to a fury of the forge. thats all magic wise (apart from 2 marauders)

his next turn-
his marauders charge my saurus- my champ wipes out his sorcerer in a challenege, i win, he breaks i cut down.

my second saurus block get front charged by chariot and rear by the marauder horsemen.

he gets 2 impact hits and his warriors miss all attacks- my scar vet massacres the chariot.
i then kill 4 horsemen- i win combat, his horsemen break and flee off the bored.

he gets 290 vps i get 2210

Killboss
20-01-2010, 19:32
If that statement becomes famous, i'm comming for you guys.... Killboss first because hes conveniently south of me MuWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I am totally ready for you! (we have to dogs)
Out of curiosity, whats your plan for dwarfs and empire.[/QUOTE]
The lizardmen have 2 words that come to mind when e think of fighting empire: SKIRMISHER SCREEN

it is indeed vincent- he is pretty cool Seconded.

Scarvet-burning blade 140
-maiming shield
-bsb
light armour

oldblood changes to-
oldblood
-glyph necklace 30
-enchanted shield 15
-sword of the hornet (the always strikes first one 5 attacks at strenth 5 hehe before i get hit) 25
Don't care about the caost (model wise) DO IT.

Hmm,
Bear with me on this one.
Slann surrounded by temple guard?
See what happens when i take days off posting? :mad:

Sounds out of character but it's still saurus based and it allows you to rain death from behind your battle lines by running/cloak of feathering your priests up.
Or, if vsing Empire, take lord of life, and go total defense...

guys- i have t osa Shazarn was right. i had a game yesterday and the slaan just dominated the magic, even though my opponent had a lvl 4 and a lvl 2 because of his awesome powers- so here is another re write. Again, note what happens when i don't post :mad:

still 140 saurus. 20 of which are hard core (who will be done 6x4)
True i guess.... as long as we keep it at this!

Slaan
bsb
focused rumination
focus of mystery
becalming cogitation
warbanner
cupped hands
2xscroll 520

20 temple guard
banner,musician
totem of prophecy 391

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90

3 terradons 90

This ^ do this.

i went for metals- got all the spells (was playing a chaos list)
first spell, 12+ fury of the forge, killed 8 chaos knights.
second spell- distillation of molten silver- took 5 wounds from a giant
3rd spell rule of burning iron 2 wounds from his general (i had bane head)

Awesome... i tried to do this with mine (i decided Slann arn't exactly my thing.... in 2Kish games...) and for the forge spell of 2 times, mauling 2 WoC units... (actual Warriors, not just marauders)

however i have 1 problem- i need another character to act as my general in other games, basically i need a scroll caddy to make sure that up to 2000 points i dont get obliterated by magic!
My first instinct is to drop the terradons.... Or go to the time beore the Slann, and work from there (one small step at a time...)

yeah, if i can find 11 points from somewhere (after dropping a saurus unit) i can put in a skink priest lvl 2 with 2 scrolls and then a scar vet, burning blade,mirrored/maiming shield and light armour You could always... drop a champ.... :evilgrin: Or drop a spears...

on a side note i am seriously considering taking that 2k list as my 2k army
its pretty solid :D
I'd take the Slann one. 11 points over or not, its good. If you need more points, i'd say you could drop 1 terradon, and merge the units (giving you a unit of 5 and a **** load of rocks)

fragment lists- Oh god no.... i hope you apreciate this... :mad:

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

3 terradons 90
500 ish
This is good, got everything we need. No magic though... (sorry to be vauge, but there isn't much to work with)

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90
990 No spears? But can't really argue, again, nice.

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

20 temple guard
banner,champ
totem of prophecy 398

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90

1458 Temple Guard, but no Slann? Drop 'em for more Saurus, WITH SPEARS! < can't stress that enough. Other then that, skink braves (for the army points :p)

Slaan
bsb
focused rumination
focus of mystery
becalming cogitation
warbanner
cupped hands
1xscroll 495

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

20 temple guard
banner,champ
totem of prophecy 398

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90

SPEARS!!!!!!! AGAIN: SPEARS!!!!!!! I'm not sure about the Becalming thingo. It will deny magic, IF, etc. But for 50 points....? If yo ever need more points, i'd say drop it.
*sigh* all done. SPEARS!!!!!!!!
How's this for a large post, Shazrn. and only now (whie in the process of posting) do i realise i've been beaten...
EDIT: @ Shazarn: wouldn't you take lord of metal vsing WoC? Also,where was an EoTG?...

And another edit: I feel that in the 1500 point list, that spears would be better then an 11 unit of Saurus. I know they're Saurus, but they're still easy VP's at 11...

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 19:40
thats a typo- 270 points is all with spears!! the day i go without spears is the day i go without lungs.

as for the slaan- he will devastate my opponent :D.
besides. a horde of saurus are more likely to go and defend a slaan :D the odds that an old blood alone would have that many saurus under his command :D eat my fluff.

N810
20-01-2010, 19:41
Dang I just noticed Killboss's subtle coment... :p

Yea where's all the pointy spear goodness ? :wtf:

-Never mind ya beat me to it...

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 19:42
its there i just forgot to type it in haha!

Killboss
20-01-2010, 19:47
thats a typo- 270 points is all with spears!! the day i go without spears is the day i go without lungs.
It could happen...

eat my fluff.
Would "NOU" be a good response? :p And good fluff it is, almost makes me not want to get off my butt and cook breakfast...

its there i just forgot to type it in haha! Well, the nerd-rage was still fun. I hope there was some relevance in there.... I got kinda confused. I stated it at... 6:30ish. Its now 7:46 >_> AM.

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 19:49
yes go cook breakfast! you are no good to me dead!

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 19:58
oh good lord, complete annihilation!
It definitly sounds like the slann works well. The Saurus swarm works surprisingly well
Next stage would be to have a Skink and Terrodon unit in there

Killboss
20-01-2010, 19:58
Lol, well i just failed: I tried to crack the egg, it didn't, so again, still, no dice, again, it pretty much explodes in my hand, going all over the pan... >_>.

Nice lists, judgingby your Epic win over WoC (i did a similar thing to 3K dwarfs, with my newly founded skaven) it seems the swarm of sarus works well. (to make this post worth posting ;))

N810
20-01-2010, 19:59
Lol, well i just failed: I tried to crack the egg, it didn't, so again, still, no dice, again, it pretty much explodes in my hand, going all over the pan... >_>.

Nice lists (to make this post worth posting ;))

Lmao :confused::wtf::D:p

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:04
yeah it went really well, they are solid infantry testing on ld 9 on 3 dice due to the slaan with a re roll for bsb.

of course my temple guard didnt cause fear then :D

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:07
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/btknarloc.htm how about that for a carnosaur? its basically the same price..

Killboss
20-01-2010, 20:10
Lmao :confused::wtf::D:p
You can laugh, but it just makes my omlet-thing all the sweeter (i don't usually fail tat bad)

yeah it went really well, they are solid infantry testing on ld 9 on 3 dice due to the slaan with a re roll for bsb.

of course my temple guard didnt cause fear then :D
No, i would immagine, with LD like that, the TG would cause TERROR! (i think this has got to be the best warseer thread ever....). But, yeah, i tried your exact TG combo (the slann was abit different) and it worked really well, until it was charged (i mean cluster f... forgive me for using this word on a firum site) by a unit of chaos Knights, 12 chosen and sigvald the magnificent. Oh, and his BSB...

now, down to buisness: *nom nom nom* :D

EDIT: Ah, the knarloc. I would way, if it had a differet head (and, of course, scales) i would go for it. IF you'd replace the birdish head and reptile that b**** up!

hmmm.... i need more eggs, the omlet-thing wasn't enough...

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:11
hmm yeah that cluster sounds like it would deal with lots.

of coruse then you say -i have croak in here-

ruination on 2 dice 3 times
soooooo each of your untis takes 4d6 str 4 hits.

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:12
and thank you :D i like threads that take off well and actaulyl get feedback other than 'you suck'

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 20:17
As an ex tau player, Knarloc FTW!!!
And morning killboss.

In real terms of posting for a list, I still think the slann/TG are the best option to make that 2000-2,999 points jump, they basically fill that whole gap in one go. and it still makes sense lore wise.

I was very disappointed when i read the new rules for Kroak. He was a BEAST that became absolutely crap by comparison but given that hes now a more manageable 600pts I could see him in a list like this. Except you'd need more Skink priests to take advantage of his universal power dice :(
If your thinking of special characters, swap out your scar-ver for Chakax, and throw him in with the temple guard.
Unbreakable (solves the old screaming skull problem)
No scouts or assassins within 20
Problem is, hes 335pts so you'd have to lose another unit of saurus, but he'd still be a very good option, especially for the unbreakable rule

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:18
but i want the slaan in ASAP so i am gonna bring him in at 2k- because when the other lords come in, im gonna magic them up :D

and the TG can host the scar vet for a while :D

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:19

and of course i know just the man to sculpt me an old blood to go on top :D

but that can wait for now!

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 20:24
and of course i know just the man to sculpt me an old blood to go on top :D

but that can wait for now!

Dont trust me, I'd keep it and start the Kroot Merc army i've always wanted :evilgrin:

I edited my above post, check it out

Killboss
20-01-2010, 20:29
And morning killboss. :D im not dead.
yet...

Problem is, hes 335pts so you'd have to lose another unit of saurus, but he'd still be a very good option, especially for the unbreakable rule
You just gave 10 good reasons to keep him out. And after all, taking out saurus hurts hlaine's ego :p

and thank you :D i like threads that take off well and actaulyl get feedback other than 'you suck' Usually i'll get say, 1 reply (this is only on my Skaven lists) other then the odd one that speeds off to 2ish pages. My LM one died out eons ago.... And i think this topic is just that right mix of seriousness and crazyness.

hmm yeah that cluster sounds like it would deal with lots.
of coruse then you say -i have croak in here-

ruination on 2 dice 3 times
soooooo each of your untis takes 4d6 str 4 hits.
Oh yeah, that was the worst cluster i've been in (though, next gme, my oldblood on carni with the +1 strength AS ignoring blade carved up both his knights :D)

but i want the slaan in ASAP so i am gonna bring him in at 2k- because when the other lords come in, im gonna magic them up :D

and the TG can host the scar vet for a while
I tried this, it led to the cluster. Though, by the sounds of it you know who to handle your army better then i did (and you've got pleany of bodies...)

EDIT: I noticed the edit: i got it when i clicked "quote" and was like "LOLWUT that wasnt there before..."

EDIT (again:) i swear we're posting in sinc...

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:33
Dont trust me, I'd keep it and start the Kroot Merc army i've always wanted :evilgrin:

I edited my above post, check it out

well i was talking about a sculpter on here- guy called inq.serge he is epic and reasonably priced!

as for the chakax- i will keep the list as is now :D try it out

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:34
and killboss i am glad your not dead, means i can get more info from you!

nothing funnier than massacring a unit of knights with a single character :D

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 20:35
One can dream... Hehe
Hlaine, with your permission, I was wondering if i could post the 2250 List i've been working on (lizards ofc) in this thread as it seems to have a decent base of people knowledgeable about Lms (excluding me of course, silly me suggesting carnosaurs and special characters, and Slanns that kill everything, opps that one was a win, im messing)

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:41
yeah tahts cool! my lists are sorted feel free to post your list :D

besides, thats not too bad tbh monster wise one of my thoughts was this-

skink chief
ancient stegadon
stegadon warspear 380

skink priest
level 2
2 scrolls
engine of the gods 440

skink priest
level 2
2 scrolls
engine of the gods 440

ancient stegadon 275

ancient stegadon 275

stegadon 235

stegadon 235

stegadon 235

stegadon 235

5x10 ranked up skinks 250

Killboss
20-01-2010, 20:41
and killboss i am glad your not dead, means i can get more info from you!

nothing funnier than massacring a unit of knights with a single character :D

2 infact :D
it was great, and then there was also the EoTG using burning alignment tonnes...

One can dream... Hehe
Hlaine, with your permission, I was wondering if i could post the 2250 List i've been working on (lizards ofc) in this thread as it seems to have a decent base of people knowledgeable about Lms (excluding me of course, silly me suggesting carnosaurs and special characters, and Slanns that kill everything, opps that one was a win, im messing)

This is a good idea, it could be our super-secret advice topic...
And you know stuff, you were trying to add raw power (and Chakax.... :p) but we wanted fluff/character... or something...

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:49
yeah i had a similar knighty engine experience- but it went badly for him, basically he charged in with his knights and 2 characters seperately from different units (foot units- the chars were mounted)
realised his mistake that my steggy could get a flank chargeso put a shaman on a horse in front of him.. (in combat were my saurus warriors and temple guard- he didnt realise temple guard were stubborn!)

both units held after losing, the steggy charges the shaman who stands, then i burnign align killing 4 knights, both his characters (cos they were individual units at the time so took d6 hits) and generally massacred. was a tourney too :D

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:49
basically we are the axis of evil then... wait did i say evil? i meant lizardmen..

Killboss
20-01-2010, 20:58
yeah i had a similar knighty engine experience- but it went badly for him, basically he charged in with his knights and 2 characters seperately from different units (foot units- the chars were mounted)
realised his mistake that my steggy could get a flank chargeso put a shaman on a horse in front of him.. (in combat were my saurus warriors and temple guard- he didnt realise temple guard were stubborn!)

both units held after losing, the steggy charges the shaman who stands, then i burnign align killing 4 knights, both his characters (cos they were individual units at the time so took d6 hits) and generally massacred. was a tourney too :D

Nice one. I've decided burnin alignment is defintely worth it, that's why i've changed my list to include it instead of a war-spear wielding chief (in the 2-3 games i've used him in, not 1 time has he gotten off a charge, so hecan just leave....)

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 20:59
i love magic- its why i play lizards :D so yeah i have a slaan with lots of cool powers- usually 3 and then a skink priest, lvl 2 with the plate of tepok. means in 2k points i get a lvl 3 and a lvl 4

Killboss
20-01-2010, 21:02
i love magic- its why i play lizards :D so yeah i have a slaan with lots of cool powers- usually 3 and then a skink priest, lvl 2 with the plate of tepok. means in 2k points i get a lvl 3 and a lvl 4

Yeah, when i wasfirst playing, magic really excited me, then i played that battle, not so much now >_> though, with Skaven, magc is fun (and might explode in your face).

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 21:03
Chaos Knights bring back bad memories for me. Lets just say this much...
Tomb King in Chariots charged by chosen khornate knights (goddam dispell scrolls prevented my charge) Wasn't a pretty combat to say the least... hehe

Ill put the list up in about half an hour after my cup of tea

N810
20-01-2010, 21:04

Ouch :eek:

Killboss
20-01-2010, 21:10
Chaos Knights bring back bad memories for me. Lets just say this much...
Tomb King in Chariots charged by chosen khornate knights (goddam dispell scrolls prevented my charge) Wasn't a pretty combat to say the least... hehe
Ill put the list up in about half an hour after my cup of tea

Can't wait to get my hands on it *laughs crazily*
EDIT: Found it.
Lords:
Oldblood, Carnosaur, light armour, enchanted shield, Blade Of Revered Tzunki.- 445 pts.

Heroes:
Scar-Vet, Light armour, great weapon. – 96 pts

Scar-Vet, Cold One, Burning Blade of Chotec, shield of the mirrored pool, light armour. -160 pts

Skink Priest, Engine Of The God’s, dispel scroll, diadem of power. -440 pts.

Core:
18 Saurus Warriors, musician, standard, spears.-234 pts.

10 Skink Skirmishers. -70 pts

Special:
6 Cold on Cavalry, full command, war banner. -285

3 Kroxigors. 165 pts.

4 Terradons, Brave. -130 pts

Rare:
1 Salamander, extra handler. -80 pts

Pretty much for taking on WoC. I was thinking of spending my leftover points on skink braves.
There it is, now, rip it to shreds!?!?

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:22
Can't wait to get my hands on it *laughs crazily*
EDIT: Found it.
Lords:
Oldblood, Carnosaur, light armour, enchanted shield, Blade Of Revered Tzunki.- 445 pts.

Heroes:
Scar-Vet, Light armour, great weapon. – 96 pts

Scar-Vet, Cold One, Burning Blade of Chotec, shield of the mirrored pool, light armour. -160 pts

Skink Priest, Engine Of The God’s, dispel scroll, diadem of power. -440 pts.

Core:

Special:
6 Cold on Cavalry, full command, war banner. -285

3 Kroxigors. 165 pts.

4 Terradons, Brave. -130 pts

Rare:

Pretty much for taking on WoC. I was thinking of spending my leftover points on skink braves.
There it is, now, rip it to shreds!?!?

vengeance is the word i believe.

okay terradon braves = pointless 10 points for a bs with a str 3 wep. you will only reallly wound on 6's anyways :D

6x3 saurus is okay- but if your gonna do that, take 17 and stick a scar vet in each
i personally don't rate the cavalry, but thats personal choice.

lastly- is the priest level 2? then he can cast things like celestial shield,lightning and thunderbolts and still store a dice!

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:25
i also think at 2500 you lack the troops- a chaos army will have atleast 2 stand up units per your 1, saurus are hard but even they struggle to take 2 units of warriors each. and he will haev a large unit of knights who you can't really compete with ^^

oh and magic. you have 4 dice and a scroll( possibly 6) just pray to the old ones/chotec/sotek that he doesnt bring a lord level caster :D

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:26
then again- i like saurus (can you tell?) so i might think there arn't enough

Killboss
20-01-2010, 21:29
vengeance is the word i believe.

okay terradon braves = pointless 10 points for a bs with a str 3 wep. you will only reallly wound on 6's anyways :D

6x3 saurus is okay- but if your gonna do that, take 17 and stick a scar vet in each
i personally don't rate the cavalry, but thats personal choice.

lastly- is the priest level 2? then he can cast things like celestial shield,lightning and thunderbolts and still store a dice!

He is indeed lv 2, its just hiding, like your spears :p

I know i know, terradon braves= bad, but i had nothing else to burn the points on, though, now that i have 20, i'm thinking i oculd get 10 from somewhere and take another terradon...

I don't have the poins for 2 scar-vets :p and, with WoC, there's not much of a point taking 17&'vet, because tey'll kill you in 2 seconds, no need to help 'em! (plus,i might keep my ranks bonus after a lucky flickering fire or something...)

Oh, and before anyone says anything: the Kroxigors are going nowhere. They did epic last game. There was a unit of Khorneate WoC, the terradon swoop down, drop rocks, kills like... 4-5 (1/3ish of the unit) they charge the Kroxigors. I hold. Due to haveing 3 wounds, they all attack back, and rample about 3 more. Next round (my turn) the Krox break the warriors. Who head into the 'don and die :evilgrin: Its that kind of staying power i really need... I just hate how their fluff says that they're basically a slab of pure muscle, yet they're S5...

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:32
:( that was my hugest criticism i detest kroxigor :D but if they are staying, so be it :P

my biggest crit is lack of solid blocks

Killboss
20-01-2010, 21:36
then again- i like saurus (can you tell?) so i might think there arn't enough Lies, you obviously hate them :p
Yeah, i love Saurus as well, much the warriros are basically Saurus, with a better save and that are faster, so Saurus can't really win there...

i also think at 2500 you lack the troops- a chaos army will have atleast 2 stand up units per your 1, saurus are hard but even they struggle to take 2 units of warriors each. and he will haev a large unit of knights who you can't really compete with ^^

oh and magic. you have 4 dice and a scroll( possibly 6) just pray to the old ones/chotec/sotek that he doesnt bring a lord level caster :D

Actally, he only has 2 units of warriors. Then he was a chosen "bunker" of 12+lord sigvlad, and the rapturous standard, making them almost unbreakable (only on a roll of 5 and 6 will they flee). He wn't take any lord level casters outside of 3K, and as for the knights, he'll probably have 2 of them, one khorneate and one slaaneshii (that's why my knights are ready to take out other knights). I have his list... somewhere....

On magic, all my preiest really does is use the diadem to store the army dice, and then play with his 3 (usually i only get like 1-2 spells i actually want...) while usin burning alingment to basically be a pain.

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:38
he cant store the army dice- only his own (although you just use the 2 army dice for him, so yeah :D

just bundle his units and have fun ripping them to shreds :D

Killboss
20-01-2010, 21:39
:( that was my hugest criticism i detest kroxigor :D but if they are staying, so be it :P The only reaason i'm close to disliking them is their lack of S5... :mad:

my biggest crit is lack of solid blocks
Eh, from what i've seen (if he fields an army like before) the Saurus will grind through his hounds, M.Horsemen, then have a grinding war of luck with a unit of WoC. Although, he might field a giant, and maybe some footslogging (GW wielding) Marauders.... maybe...

he cant store the army dice- only his own (although you just use the 2 army dice for him, so yeah

just bundle his units and have fun ripping them to shreds

Eh, you get the point, he stores 2, and plays with 3.

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:40
the marauders are easy, just kill them :D as for the giant, stegadon or skink it to death, either will work- or your old blood (who should take on sigvald for the sheer chompyness of killing blow :D)

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:41
but he does have the second best looking GW model on his side :D
(first being blind eltharion)

Killboss
20-01-2010, 21:42
Yeah, ifigure i can kill my way through the marauders rather fast. As for the giant... well yeah, i have 2 units of skinks :D

I'm not really keep to attack Sigvald, he has ASF and 7 S5 attacks, scary stuff. He also has a 1+ save and regenerate.

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:43
burning blade of chotec on an old blood with enchanted shield on a carnosaur in light armour.
sure he hits you first, your on a 3+ save from all his hits. you then take 4 off his save (giving him a 5+) and 5 of your 9 attacks that take 4 from his armour also negate his regenerate. the rest killing blow him :D

Killboss
20-01-2010, 21:48
Wow, you really dig killing blow...

But, i'm using the Oldblood for Knight destruction... Then maybe he can take on sigvald...
There's an idea though, maybe i should give him an enchanted shield?

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:50
yeah :D 1+ save.

and naw- its just funny when it happens. 1 of the best ways i have killed karl franz was with a waywatcher who hit him and got killing blow and killed him outright :D

Killboss
20-01-2010, 21:52
That's just great, absolutley priceless...

Ok, so with the changes we made (giving the oldblood an enchanted shield, and dropping the brave to do so) i now have 5 points to kill :D

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:52
sweeet. erm. purple?

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:54
he already had enchanted shield- and of course revered blade is better- burning blade would be technically better- because it drops his armour save to 5 but he gets no regen so he has a 2/3 chance of failing with revered tzunzuki he has a 1/2 chance of failing his regen and not dying :D your shout :P

hlaine larkin
20-01-2010, 21:55
anyways i am off - exams coming up soon and i will have to actually pay attention at college if i am gonna go to uni- so i will check out posts tommorow morning!

Killboss
20-01-2010, 22:00
he already had enchanted shield- and of course revered blade is better- burning blade would be technically better- because it drops his armour save to 5 but he gets no regen so he has a 2/3 chance of failing with revered tzunzuki he has a 1/2 chance of failing his regen and not dying :D your shout :P

Oh, *face-palm* my fail. So, i still have 20 points, i guess i could get a Kroxigor ancient....?

Well, yeah, the burning blade is better for killing Sigvald... but i believe Tzunki will be better for total cluster f... er... you know whating knights :D

anyways i am off - exams coming up soon and i will have to actually pay attention at college if i am gonna go to uni- so i will check out posts tommorow morning!

Ok, good night?! And good luck. :D

sweeet. erm. purple?
Green?

Wow, its amazing that we've filled in so much space with 'useless' drivell...

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 22:45
G'night

With him off I may as well lay my list in for the northern hemisphere's night:

Lizardmen were my first fantasy army waaaaaay back and my 2k list always included an old blood on a carnosaur, always loved having such an awesome model on the field, and I used Kroq-Gar whenever I could for the awesome amount of killy he possessed.

This is a very rough list which i knocked up quite quickly and consists of basically everything I want out of a high point lizardmen list, as many saurus and skinks on mounts as possible, and basically including every crackpot idea for nasty characters i've had in the last few weeks:

Lords:
Saurus Old Blood on Carnosaur
Light Armour, Shield
Glyph Necklace(or shield of the mirrored pool)/Blade of Revered Tzunki

Heroes:
Saurus Scar Veteran on Cold One
Burning Blade/Maiming Shield

Skink Chief on Terradon
Light Armour, Shield
Dagger of Sotek/Blood Statuette of Spite OR Sun Staff/Bane head

Skink Priest, Lvl 1
Dispell Scrollx2

Skink Priest, Lvl 2
Cloak of Feathers/Plaque of Tepok

Core:
Saurus Warriors x18
SPEARS!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<<< (for Killboss :P)
Standard, Musician

Saurus Warriors x18
Spears
Standard, Musician

Special:
Cold One Cavelry x8 (Old Blood's Unit) -280
Standard, Musician - 30

Cold One Cavelry x7 (Scar Vet's Unit) - 245
Standard, Musician - 30

Terradon Riders x3 - 90
Terradon Riders x3 - 90

So given that the intention is to have everything possible mounted heres my reasoning for everything:
Oldblood:
Designed to be just mean **** Lord.
Choice of items came down to this:
He was worth about 350pts by himself so I wanted a ward save
Then I had the choice of Shield of the Mirrored Pool and Piranha Blade or The Blade of Revered Tzunki. I chose the Blade for the simple reason that I wanted this guy to to able to just maul units. I have a separate character, this guys purpose is to go, Chosen Khorne Knights? Bah! :evilgrin: Strength 5 eh?, try my 0+ save!

Scar Veteran:
This is my Character killer, 5 S5 attacks at -3. Bam. This guy and his unit find the enemy lord's unit and charge. Somethings going to die, quick!, Conversly, he has no ward save which could limit him. The idea is to make the enemy think that the Carnosaur is the character killer then have this guy charge and tear their lord down.

Skink Chief: My mage hunter. Turn one, flies out and uses the statue on the enemy spell caster, dealing as many wounds as possible. Turn 2, he flies over said character, dropping rocks and landing roughly behind the enemy lines. Turn 3, if the caster is still up, charge, 3 Killing blow attacks, + the Terradon's Killing blow attack are probably going to kill the caster. He carries and alternative build consisting of the staff and the bane head, using the exact same principle as before, without the charge. Which build depends on the enemy caster. If its an elf or a human, ill take the first build, anything of T4 or up gets the staff and bane head.

Scroll Caddy Priest:
Saves a dice and has 2 scrolls, what more :P probably will cast Portent occasionally, maybe second sign or FL if he rolls it.

Dedicated priest:
This is my primary spell caster. Cloak of Feathers to be able to keep up with the cold ones and get some nice angles for FL, UTB and maybe CoCD if he rolls it. Plaque for extra spell.

Saurus
Standard 6x3 blocks
Intended to have Kroq-Gar and one unit of saurus and a unit of cold ones but the points were too huge.

Cavelry:
Essentially fear causing meat shields for the characters, but able to advance fast :) No champion to keep points down. The Lord has 10, the Hero has 8, but this can be swapped if need be, the lord might need the Static CR more than the Lord.

Terradons:
The chief bunks with one unit turn one, and exits turn 2. These guys go hassle small units (skirmish screens, War Machines, Sorcerers, etc.

Total point cost is 2249, 1 pt under :)

Total model count:

1x Carnosaur (have)
2x Skink priests (have one)
Old Blood on Cold One (need to buy)
36 Saurus (have 16, but i suppose i could just get another box of 16 and use Temple Guard for the last 4)
15 Cavelry (5 of the old ones. Are they even designed to rank up, soooooo akward)
7 Terradons (need to buy)

Not alot in retrospect but the idea is to hit hard and fast. Having the priests to provide re-rolls to break lines quickly.

Flame away!

N810
20-01-2010, 22:54
Nice list Shazarn I like that you put a lot of thought into it,
basically tf all moves fast and hits hard. Sounds like a fun list to play too. :D

Shazarn
20-01-2010, 23:05
Nice list Shazarn I like that you put a lot of thought into it,
basically tf all moves fast and hits hard. Sounds like a fun list to play too. :D

Much appreciated,
I was pondering how to make lizardmen faster in the old book and this new one has presented many new ideas to me. Got my (old) Cold Ones and my Carnosaur all painted the same scheme (Warlock Purple Skin with Shadow Grey Scales, you'll have to trust me on the awesomeness of it)

My chief concerns are:
Low model count for 2250pts, my lords/heroes are half my army.
Should I have banners on my Cold One Units?

and Kroq-Gar lost his head as i type this, AGAIN! :wtf:

N810
20-01-2010, 23:19
Well a regular BSB is a good idea with cav so is the Sun banner of can't shoot me. ;)

Killboss
21-01-2010, 01:16
Core:
SPEARS!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<<< (for Killboss :P)
Flame away!
Thanks!
And: *starts flamethrower* you feelin' lucky, punk? Honestly, i think your list could work, it might get smashed occasionally (by a fasterer army) but i think it would work. It all does really look good.

Got my (old) Cold Ones and my Carnosaur all painted the same scheme (Warlock Purple Skin with Shadow Grey Scales, you'll have to trust me on the awesomeness of it)
I'd like to see them...

My chief concerns are:
Low model count for 2250pts, my lords/heroes are half my army.
Should I have banners on my Cold One Units?
Yeah, that generally happens with big beasties in Heroes/Lords. I think that with the COCs you'll be fine as they'll totally rend a unit. If you had the Oldblood on his own (i know... i know....) he could some other unit, and totally own them (and then charge and kill everything)

and Kroq-Gar lost his head as i type this, AGAIN! :wtf:
Haha, sorry to hear that.

Shazarn
21-01-2010, 01:50
Haha, sorry to hear that.

Thank you, i had to pin it and then put greenstuff in the pinhole, shove the pin in and then super glue the crap out of it. His head aint commin off no mores... hehe

Ill take a pic of my purple and blue lizards of death when i find my camera, I took a pic of my slayer lord for the Tale of Fantasy Painters and havnt seen it since... I think one of my dogs might have munched it, wouldnt be the first camera they ate, hehe

I must say I do like your list too, more of a take on all comers aspect? With a WoC intention of course, hehe.
A suggestion, drop the Cold One off the Scar Vet and theres your extra terradon, or an ancient Kroxigor. Throw him in with the saurus which gives each unit a 1 wound buffer before losing your Ranks and something meaty to shred things that are bigger than you, or smaller, either or :p

Killboss
21-01-2010, 04:40
Yeah, i thought i'd build it to be allcomers (as WoC arn't the only oppoent, just most common) with a WoC-killing Twist.

And i don't need to drop the Cold One, i already have 20 spare points, because i was "forced" to drop the terradon brave :D

Yay for points to burn!

Shazarn
21-01-2010, 05:24
Ancient up a kroxigor or spend a bit more dosh on your carnosaur in my opinion

hlaine larkin
21-01-2010, 06:11
i liek the list- but units of 8 cavalry makes me go eew :D such a waste of near 30 points haha :D i would take a unit of 7 and au nit of 6 (for the cold one)

but yeah. only 36 saurus :O

nah its all good- i want t osee your scheme too. grey and purple sounds cool. i was tempted to do a dark blue spine and grey scales

Killboss
22-01-2010, 14:12
nah its all good- i want to see your scheme too. grey and purple sounds cool. i was tempted to do a dark blue spine and grey scales

Colour schemes are something i CAN'T do...

Ancient up a kroxigor or spend a bit more dosh on your carnosaur in my opinion

What little something something could i get him? Carnosaur Pendant? Something like that?
Ancient up a Kroxigor you say, i could do that.... :D

hlaine larkin
22-01-2010, 16:00
or you could drop all the kroxigor :D

Killboss
24-01-2010, 21:42
And drop my line breaker/holder/can opener? pfft. You'd sooer see you drop Saurus :p (plus i love the models)

And besides, what would i spend with 140ish points? I suppose i could get a few terradon braves.... :D

BTW: You guys are not allowed to suggest changes for the list for the next... well, until friday. Reason? I'll be gone ;)

hlaine larkin
25-01-2010, 06:08
well you coud buy saurus :D

Killboss
25-01-2010, 12:17
120 points would get me 10 Saurus.... I'd dare say that even empire spearmen could beat that :p

hlaine larkin
25-01-2010, 15:49
heck no- 2 ranks of 5 :D perfect :P or drop a few more points and take a scar vet :D

Killboss
26-01-2010, 01:30
120 points is pleanty for me to get the can-opener Scar-Vet.... But that's 3 S7 attacks compared to 3 S6 ones. Plus, as they have more wounds, durableer (it's not a word, I know.)

Hey, maybe I can free up points and get another Kroxigor... Lol.

hlaine larkin
26-01-2010, 04:44
but he is a super saurus!

Killboss
27-01-2010, 04:35
At tht he is, anyway, I'll be having the battle sometime soon (right now I'm testing my skaven) so we'll see what I do...

Little bit of terrible info: I overran into his sorc lord's side (just) with slaves who were then charged by 10 marauders. He did 2 wounds, and had a rank. I had outnumber, 3 ranks and a muso. I won. My SLAVES beat a LORD and 10 marauders...

He rolled a 10 for the marauders.... And an 11 for the lord... I didn't cause a single wound....

hlaine larkin
27-01-2010, 06:15
wooo for good luck :D

hlaine larkin
30-01-2010, 13:37
CRISIS! guys i need a bane head- it will make the slaan 10 times as awesome. i need to find 8 points from my list- ideas?

Slaan
bsb
focused rumination
focus of mystery
becalming cogitation
warbanner
cupped hands
1xscroll 495

scar-vet
light armour
burning blade of chotec
maiming shield 140

skink priest
level 2
2x dispel scroll 150

20 temple guard
banner,champ
totem of prophecy 398

20 saurus warriors
fill command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

20 saurus warriors
full command 270

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink skirmishers 70

3 terradons 90

3 terradons 90

i was thinking drop a champ.

Shazarn
30-01-2010, 14:08
Hmm champ would be what I'd drop. Those saurus units are burley enough as it is

hlaine larkin
30-01-2010, 15:38
although i lose comp points then, mebbe drop the scroll on the slaan- 2 and a lvl 4 and a lvl 2 and the becalming cogitation should do the trick then i can fully command the TG!

(i cant believe that 2250 guy said saurus were useless... haha!)

Killboss
31-01-2010, 01:52
Well, if you want to drop stuff, i'd say drop the (not complete) command from the TG. You won't lose comp points as you don't get the as they don't have full command to begin with... (or, you could drop a scroll).

Thanks for the wishes of good luck, and if there's one thing i must say about Skaven, our Rares are EPIC my doomwheel immolated his giant (and i tell you, if you ever get the chance, blow it up ASAP, same with the Hellpit Abomanation... kill it with skinks).
I'm pretty sure i won...

Anyway, i digress, i think your list is looking quite good now, and just needs those final little tweeks...

The day Saurus are useless is the day Empire Of The Sun wins Oz artist of the year (and i've made a vow that is this ever happens, i will hit one of my WH40K Carnifexes with a bat).

hlaine larkin
31-01-2010, 08:43
haha. i think i will drop the slaans scroll- as for the hellpit abomination i shall burn it. with fire.

Killboss
31-01-2010, 09:17
No! Use Napalm, lots and lots of napalm. :D i love that movie.

As for the scroll, good idea, it beats dropping Saurus buffs ;)

hlaine larkin
31-01-2010, 09:19
why would i drop something saurus :D

what is the weakness of a doomwheel?

Shazarn
31-01-2010, 10:26
The fact that it burns he crap out of him for 2 turns :)

now I was just thinking about this, why the sudden rush for a bane head on the slann? Sure it's über but how often are you gonna get a spell off on your target? Mind you it will be really cool that one time it happens, nvm, bane head in!

Btw I'll put a pic of my carnosaur up when I take my pics for tale of fantasy painters for feb will be up in the next 2 days.

hlaine larkin
31-01-2010, 10:29
well the bane head won me a massacre against an opponent at the gt. cos his keeper of secrets failed 2 ward saves and took 4 wounds.

same policy, there gonna be big gribbly lords cos people have extra points to play with- namely, dragons, demon princes and the like. the idea is if it would normally take me 2 magic phases to kill them, it only takes me 1.

Shazarn
31-01-2010, 11:02
The exact reason I changed my mind

hlaine larkin
31-01-2010, 11:22
ah i see. :D

Killboss
01-02-2010, 05:05
why would i drop something saurus :D
You wouldn't?

what is the weakness of a doomwheel?
Hit it while its not in combat, hopeully it'll spin out of control and careens into other skaven units. Also lord of metal would be good...

And keep it away (far away) from your big beasties (mine immolated a giant with a single bolt...)

Sure it's über but how often are you gonna get a spell off on your target? Mind you it will be really cool that one time it happens, nvm, bane head in!
Well, if you take lore of metal (like would be good for a "sniper" Slann) or atleast one spell from it, you can then have the first spell, and "snipe" the commander (and, as people go for the best save possible, you'll get atleast a S6 hit... that's flaming.... and iores armour....). Withbane head, it's AWESOME!

Btw I'll put a pic of my carnosaur up when I take my pics for tale of fantasy painters for feb will be up in the next 2 days.
This ^ i wold like to see.

well the bane head won me a massacre against an opponent at the gt. cos his keeper of secrets failed 2 ward saves and took 4 wounds.

same policy, there gonna be big gribbly lords cos people have extra points to play with- namely, dragons, demon princes and the like. the idea is if it would normally take me 2 magic phases to kill them, it only takes me 1.

2 words for what you did up there: EPIC WIN!!

Shazarn
01-02-2010, 05:46
This ^ i wold like to see.

Your in luck! Here he is:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4320970225_6ff691b74f.jpg

By the way, I love how it looks like my mouse and phone are running away from my printer. Must add Om Nom Nom to the printer there....

Killboss
03-02-2010, 06:24
Wow, that is a pretty nice Carnie... why can't i ever come up with a non-ripped good looking scheme... :(