PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an old picture

Gyttja
13-01-2010, 00:03
I'm looking for an old picture, or rather the book I can find it in. I think it's in a book from the time around 4th edition. The picture shows two Chaos Champions and two large tablets. IMO it looks like the one on the left is devoted to Nurgle and the other one is devoted to Tzeentch.

Thanks for any help :)

enyoss
13-01-2010, 00:08
I know this picture. You are right; one tablet tells the tale of a Champion of Nurgle, the other of a Champion of Tzeentch (...'and now, you who have read this shall change...'). Great Stuff!

It was originally in the Lost and the Damned Realms of Chaos book from 1989, and was then reprinted in the 4th edition Warhammer rulebook or bestiary in 1992. If I was near my books I'd offer to scan you a copy, but they're on another continent (surely GW wouldn't mind me scanning them?... I mean, it has been 20 years :)). Alternatively, you could probably pick up the 4th edition books on ebay for a song.

EDIT: You might also be interested in a similar set of pictures with accompanying text in the Slaves to Darkness Realms of Chaos book. These told the tale of two brothers on their journey toward becoming champions of Khorne and Slaanesh, with one being successful, and the other succumbing to spawnhood.

Gyttja
13-01-2010, 00:37
Thanks fore the help and tip :)

I looked throu the 4th edition rulebook earlier today. Beacause that's where I first thought it would be, but it wasn't. So I'll look in the bestiary...witch offcourse is at my brothers place... :(

Dreadaxe
15-01-2010, 09:45
Adrian Smith illustration ofr RoC Lost and the Damned
http://www.adriansmith.co.uk/images/stories/black_white/bw_as_1026.jpg

http://www.adriansmith.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=5&Itemid=53

Griefbringer
15-01-2010, 14:23
I looked throu the 4th edition rulebook earlier today. Beacause that's where I first thought it would be, but it wasn't. So I'll look in the bestiary...witch offcourse is at my brothers place... :(

4th edition Bestiary page 36 is what you are after.

"I was blind now I see
I was deaf now I hear
I was dumb now I speak
and I speak of Tzeench"