PDA

View Full Version : Friendly 1500pt Daemon Army

titos334
13-01-2010, 01:25
I'm using a Mono-Nurgle list which I believe helps make the list friendlier. I want the list to be able to fight any army and do decently well. My goal is to have a fun game, hopefully being able to keep it close vs any opponent. Winning or Losing doesnt matter to me.

This is the 1500pt List I have come up with, any advice on whether it is friendly enough or what you would change is much appreciated. Thank you.

Heral of Nurgle: Lvl 1, noxious vapors

Herald of Nurgle: Lvl 1, noxious vapors, BSB - Unholy Victory

Plaguebearers(14) - Banner, Champion, and standard of seeping decay

Plaguebearers(14) - Banner, Champion, and standard of seeping decay

Plaguebearers(10)

Plaguebearers(10)

Nurglings(3)

Nurglings(3)

Beast of Nurgle(2)

Total pts: 1492

The 2 bigger units will have a Herald in it. The 2 smaller units will be used to protect my bigger units or flankers. Nurlings will either tie up units too tough to deal with or go after missile troops or war machines. Beasts will be used to take on weaker units or to flank.

Any thoughts?

Tzeentch Lord X7
13-01-2010, 02:52
drop the 2 10 man units to beef up the larger blocks and give both heralds slime trail other than that people will complain about any daemon list even if you say it is balanced. good luck and i hope my advice helped.

titos334
13-01-2010, 03:39
drop the 2 10 man units to beef up the larger blocks and give both heralds slime trail other than that people will complain about any daemon list even if you say it is balanced. good luck and i hope my advice helped.

I might drop one of the 10 man units to increase the 2 bigger unites to 19. However, im sort of reluctant about getting rid of both units. If i got rid of the 2nd unit id have to either add another plague beast or find some way to put more points on the board.

Any advice on what to add besides beefing up the 2 units? cause thats only 120 pts and dropping the 2nd leaves me 120pts of not knowing what to do with. Plague beast + 2 slime trails = 120pts so that seems like a logical choice.

Tzeentch Lord X7
13-01-2010, 03:44
i would add another beast of nurgle or more nurglings

titos334
13-01-2010, 04:34
Revised list:

Herald of Nurgle: Lvl 1, noxious vapors, slime trail - 195

Herald of Nurgle: Lvl 1, noxious vapors, slime trail, BSB unholy victory - 245

Plaugebearers(19): Standard, Champion, Standard of seeping decay - 271

Plaugebearers(19): Standard, Champion, Standard of seeping decay - 271

Nurglings(3) - 105

Nurglings(3) - 105

Beasts of Nurgle(3) - 300

Total pts: 1492

Will be trying it out this weekend. Hope it does what I'm looking for.

Tzeentch Lord X7
13-01-2010, 17:07
not allot of armies can stand up to 2 plague bearer blocks in 1500 points you will have a problem against dwarfs because of their flaming stone throwers/ cannons/ flame cannon/ bolt throwers but other than that you should have no problems.

titos334
13-01-2010, 20:01
Hrmm alrighty thanks for the input. Hopefully I wont face any heave fire opponents in 1500 but who knows, I dont mind losing and im sure a Dwarf list like you mentioned would still make for a fun game.

Valaraukar
13-01-2010, 21:24
If anything I would have said you'd underdone it. There's not anything very hitty in the list at all and very little magic. It depends what sort of lists your opponents run really but the type of lists I see (and we're not overly competitive) would probably deal with that very easily as it is all pretty slow too.

titos334
13-01-2010, 21:30
If anything I would have said you'd underdone it. There's not anything very hitty in the list at all and very little magic. It depends what sort of lists your opponents run really but the type of lists I see (and we're not overly competitive) would probably deal with that very easily as it is all pretty slow too.

What would you suggest changing to make it a little more hard to deal with? I could add Hounds for a speed unit

Tzeentch Lord X7
14-01-2010, 03:36
drop both units of nurglings and take a unit of 6 flesh hounds, and once again at the 1500 point level not allot of armies can handle 2 regenerating/ toughness 4/ 5+ ward/ 20 man blocks.