PDA

View Full Version : space wolves

selfmedicated
13-01-2010, 10:16
hey just just a quick question. i have a friend who is starting up wolves again and was wondering what has changed or been added compared to the last codex of which he owns?

genestealer_baldric
13-01-2010, 10:27
its basically a complete re-do they have very little in common i think your freind will have to get the new codex to use them in most envroments, its a good codex with lots of new kool things in.

Thud
13-01-2010, 12:18
He can no longer use Grey Hunters with BP+CCW or Leman Russ Exterminators, but otherwise I think he'll be able to use anything he already has. In addition, there are a few brand new units who are rather nifty.

It's to be noted, though, that most of the units have changed to some degree or other, so his army is unlikely to stay the same as before if he wishes to run a competitive list.

Wazdak
13-01-2010, 12:21
He can no longer use Grey Hunters with BP+CCW

Yes he can, they come with BG, BP & CCW...

Thud
13-01-2010, 12:25
Yeah. I was talking about models. I don't have any SW models with Bolters, so if I want Grey Hunters I'll need to go buy some. Should have been more clear about it, though.

Wazdak
13-01-2010, 12:33
I use Grey Hunter models with BP & CCW just fine, there's nothing saying they have to be modelled with Bolters...

But I agree with genestealer_baldric, so much has changed it'd be best to get the codex and read through it before working out what else to get...

The Space Wolf tactica thread is always good for lots of advice as well :)

Narf
13-01-2010, 17:13
i thought standard kit didnt have to be WYSIWYG?