PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft...Zerg... Nids ? Space Hulk Theme ?

SPYDER68
13-01-2010, 14:37
With nids getting their own pods, i had an idea on an army.

genestealer theme../..Space hulk ish tyranid army.

very few big bugs, alpha warrior, Death Leaper..stealers..hive guard..gaunts etc for main army.

Then of course.. Infested Drop pods(idea from infested command centers in starcraft)..it would take alot of greenstuff, but take a space marine drop pod, and green stuff it up, and some talons on it.

Pretty much a theme of Tyranids who took over space hulk, and the Hive mind uses it as a launch ship along with the rest of the swarm..

Thoughts ?

Blue Orphen
13-01-2010, 14:45
Sounds like a lot of fun.

I wouldn't use actual SM Drop Pods though. They wouldn't be on a Space Hulk. Instead, you can make them more like "escape pods" or even just random chunks of machinery/parts of ships that have been repurposed by the bugs.

SPYDER68
13-01-2010, 14:47
i could possibly shorten the pod and use the lower half possibly, and turn top half into terrain.

dangermouse425
13-01-2010, 15:24
Anything influenced by Starcraft is good in my book!

Zergling rush!

Arvendragon
13-01-2010, 16:34
Anything influenced by Starcraft is good in my book!

Zergling rush!

Screw Zergling rush.

Mineral Hacks!

But seriously, nice idea. Iwanted this originally, then decided to just go Tyranids. ANd then hated 'nids.

Chaplain Ark
13-01-2010, 18:17
ive always wanted to do a starcraft themed army for 40k, just never had the time or money. full speed ahead friend, and post pictures eventually.

and on that note, starcraft 2 comes out in june.

Radium
14-01-2010, 14:32
and on that note, starcraft 2 comes out in june.

And what a glorious day it will be!

Whatever you do, you HAVE TO include winged warriors. No starcraft assault is complete without mutalisks.

Chaplain Ark
14-01-2010, 17:00
And what a glorious day it will be!

Whatever you do, you HAVE TO include winged warriors. No starcraft assault is complete without mutalisks.

oh god, i remember the mutalisk assaults. so much death...

Usopreme
14-01-2010, 18:52
If your going to do this army then you need a kerrigan conversion for one of your broodlords or alphas.

Mosedeke
14-01-2010, 20:15
If your going to do this army then you need a kerrigan conversion for one of your broodlords or alphas.

I fully support this.

And I see a horde of gargoyles being closer to mutalisks than warriors.

And you need some ravenors as hydralisks. Screamer killer carnifex as an ultralisk?

CthulhuDalek
14-01-2010, 20:25
If you're going with the kerrigan conversion, you might wanna make it look like this:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=2526801&albumID=2197471&imageID=47590247

Radium
14-01-2010, 21:42
I fully support this.

And I see a horde of gargoyles being closer to mutalisks than warriors.

And you need some ravenors as hydralisks. Screamer killer carnifex as an ultralisk?

Gargoyles are too small...
But everything else is spot one! Although your forgot to mention (the rather obvious) Hormagaunts as Zerglings, and Parasite of whatsitsname as a Queen (spawn broodlings anyone?).

If you're going with the kerrigan conversion, you might wanna make it look like this:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=2526801&albumID=2197471&imageID=47590247

I've seen that one before somewhere. Still awesome though!

CthulhuDalek
17-01-2010, 23:56
lol, yep, that was made by Steve Wang(Sculptor of the original Predator, and plenty of other monsters in the last twenty years).