PDA

View Full Version : purity seals?

Bathawk
14-01-2010, 04:25
I was reading Imperial Armour 4, and "purity seals" came up on occasion...I thought they were just decoration on space marines, but do they (or did they) actualy have a game mechanic?

Creeping Dementia
14-01-2010, 04:29
They are a piece of wargear for witchhunter and daemonhunter(?) armies, I'm not sure if there are any other armys that actually use them.

As far as pieces of gear, they sort of suck, just give you more flexability during a fall back move. Mainly they're just for decoration.

IcedAnimals
14-01-2010, 04:50
Black Templars have "crusader seals" or some such as well.

Kloud13
14-01-2010, 06:03
Purity Seals were a piece of wargear in the 4th edition Marine codex.

They allowed you to roll 3 dice when falling back, and you got to discard whichever one you wanted. Unfortunetly it was removed from the 5th edition Marine codex, which is unfortunate, as it would have worked well with "Combat Tactics".

Corrode
14-01-2010, 08:28
Purity Seals were a piece of wargear in the 4th edition Marine codex.

They allowed you to roll 3 dice when falling back, and you got to discard whichever one you wanted. Unfortunetly it was removed from the 5th edition Marine codex, which is unfortunate, as it would have worked well with "Combat Tactics".

There was a good reason for this - GW have been trying to move away from the attitude that if something is modelled it MUST have rules. It was getting to be quite the sticky situation.

Lord Malorne
14-01-2010, 12:45
Then they went ahead and gave everything frag and krak grenades, at least roughly half the marine models come with purity seals modelled on the legs!

:rolleyes:

Well at least we still get Crusader Seals.

Lord Malorne

GGM007
14-01-2010, 16:04
They used to give a 4+ save vs psychic attack which I liked as it was actually useful and fluffy......

Sir_Turalyon
14-01-2010, 19:23
Purity seals are decoration on marines. They used to have rules back when GW believed that if model has feather in his hat, he also needs special rules to give feather in-game effect. Fortunately, these days are apast us.

borithan
14-01-2010, 19:58
It always seemed a rather odd rule as well... They show the Marine is free of taint, so he retreats in a more flexible way? The logic didn't strike me as terribly sound.