PDA

View Full Version : Character charge out of frenzied unit?

Lordmonkey
14-01-2010, 07:04
Just a quickie - if I have a frenzied unit of Corsairs with the Sea Serpent Standard (grants the unit frenzy) and a Master, can the Master charge a different target to the Corsairs? Is this possible even without frenzy?

I think I might already know the answer... too much 40k...

Necromancy Black
14-01-2010, 07:16
Both of them will be subject to frenzy, so both must wait until after non frenzy chargers and measure if anything is in range.

If the master is in range of something and the unit isn't (due to wheeling or terrain) he MUST charge out of the unit.

At all other times either the unit will be in charge range and must charge with the master (characters can't charge out of a unit that is charging) or both master and the unit will be shown to be out of charge range.

ivrg
14-01-2010, 18:54
If the hero charges other target than the unit, then the unit can not charge.

Grimgormx
14-01-2010, 19:59
but if the unit is frenzied and is in range, then it has to charge, and nullifies the character charge so the character has to charge with the unit.

declare charges (you declare the charge with your character in a frenzied unit here)
before moving check if frenzied units had to charge
if the frenzied unit has to charge, then the character has to move with it-

jaxom
14-01-2010, 20:40
If the hero charges other target than the unit, then the unit can not charge.

Correction. If a unit charges, any hero in the unit will be dragged along. This is a frenzied unit and they override the character. A frenzied unit must charge if it may do so and will override any choice that a character made (including, for example, a non-frenzied character just trying to leave the unit) in order to make a charge.

Aside from screening to prevent legal charge reach, a player cannot make choices to prevent a frenzied unit from making a charge.

the Nurge
15-01-2010, 12:26
Both of them will be subject to frenzy, so both must wait until after non frenzy chargers and measure if anything is in range.

If the master is in range of something and the unit isn't (due to wheeling or terrain) he MUST charge out of the unit.

I don't believe that a non frenzied character gains frenzy from being in a frenzied unit. He just has to move with the unit. Therefore if a mounted character is in an infantry unit with frenzy, he will not need to charge out until they get into charge range. If that were not the case, any mounted character could not stay in an infantry unit with frenzy for any length of time.

Let me know if I'm way off on this.

Necromancy Black
15-01-2010, 13:38
No, you are right, but what the OP has described is the unit having a banner that gives the unit Frenzy.

The Master is part of the unit so until he leaves it he too will be subject to frenzy.

the Nurge
15-01-2010, 15:40
My apologies, I didn't notice it was from a magical banner. In that case yeah, that sounds right to me.