5 x Chaos Warhounds 30p

5 x Chaos Warhounds 30p

Special:

4 x Ogres 230p
MoN
Chaos armour
GW

10 x (5 x 2) Chosen 255p
Full command (champ with favor of the gods)
MoT
Shields

Rare:

Chaos Warshrine 130p
MoT

Hellcannon 205p

2248p

koningswulf
14-01-2010, 18:39
I am sure it will work but it really lacks meat in terms of more modells.
You have like what 46 all in all??
Most normal armies have like 80+ to soak up damage not to mention hordes
all somewhere 100-200.
I would drop the shrine and hell cannon and get more chaoswarriors and 1
unit of chaosknights for some good punch.
You would lose not that much of offensiv power or defence but would gain a lot in terms of staying power.
just my 2cent
have fun and good luck

Snogens
15-01-2010, 09:04
but.. the shrine, cannon and banner of the gods are the whole idea of the army... to be able to stand back and buff my units while the mages + cannon blasts the enemy from far away :)

savage_orc
15-01-2010, 09:20
I realy hope your joking if not you in for a lose chaos are a combat army.
Thats why i never will take a helcannon the shrine is fine but you cant rely on one arty and some wizzys to dish the bosh at range magic is normaly always shut down if your going to attempt a range army take two hellcannons and dont mark your lvl 4 so he can take lore of heavans

Lord Khabal
15-01-2010, 09:37
Chaos does not has to be an CC army. Just maximize hellcanons and magic, and put lots of hounds do slow down the advance of the enemy and youre set.

It actually works!!!

Snogens
15-01-2010, 09:43
yea, the idea is just to stand back and buff my units and when the enemy do gets close they are so weakend by the magic/cannon that they cant handle the mok warriors/horsemen and wiz bunker... and plus... all my units cause terroror cuz of the banner of the gods... so horde armys will probobly just flee :)

could i do anything to make it better and still keep banner/shrine/cannon ?

savage_orc
15-01-2010, 10:01
cany say i have ever tried this but i might give it a go ime fighting ok but if i was i would still take two hellcannons the shrine is good but more shooting would be better and like i said lore of heavans is the best ranged spell list

Snogens
15-01-2010, 10:44
okej.... but... the idea with the shrine is to make the opponent have to engage you insted of holding back them too.... because if they also hold back i will buff my units so much that it makes them almoast unbeatable....

perhaps drop the MoK warrs and ad more units to the main bunker (the MoN warrs) or maybe drop the ogres and the MoK warrs to get a units of chosen with champ and favor of the gods?

what do you think of that idea?

papabearshane
15-01-2010, 12:37
as a hord player(O&G) i think your list is to slow to stand off and use buffs to become almost unbeatable, they will never see combat as most people will just kill your small redirecters and pick off anything else with missles and better/more arty then you can field. magic is easy to shut down for alot of armies, not a reliable killer. my usual turny list with 4 chuckkas would just target your cannon/ mages first and let you army flounder.

almost half your points are tied up in characters, makes character hunting top priority for most armies and with nothing else that strikes real (fear) into most players you wont find to many players making the wrong deceion when it comes to who to target. just my 2 cents

Snogens
15-01-2010, 13:36
very true :)
ill take that into account and work out an alternative list and perhaps you could share any comments on improvement and/or changes? :)

Snogens
15-01-2010, 14:39
Okej, so now i tryed a new type of Shrine/cannon/banner of the gods list.... pls tell me what you think about it...
any improvements and/or something i should ad/remove..

thanks for all advices!
/S

Snogens
15-01-2010, 16:56
anyone got any inputs? :)

Snogens
16-01-2010, 09:18
so.... its perfect now? ;)

Unuhexium
16-01-2010, 09:34
Using a Hellcannon as artillery is the wrong way to go in my experience. Use it more like a Hydra with a cannon strapped to its back. Take a couple of shots at the enemy and then march into the fray. It's a threat at range, but it's a killer in melee (ironically enough).

What's you plan for the Juggernaut?

kormas
16-01-2010, 09:42
Chaos Sorcerer 175p
Lvl 2
MoN
Infernal puppet
(with the MoN Marauders)

not bad, i run one of these that is exactly the same

Chaos Sorcerer 210p
Lvl 2
MoT
Disc
Power familiar
Dispel scroll

hmmm, not sure i like the disk without the eye of tzeentch, caus basicaly all the range in an opponents army is gonna focus on this guy, personaly i would run him on a barded horse with enchanted shield and the power familiar[/I]

Exalted Hero 275p
MoT
Bsb (banner of the gods
Shield
(with the MoT chosen)

not bad, personaly i dont like spending this many points on a banner, i would just drop it for a warbanner

Exalted Hero 225p
MoK
Juggernaut of Khorne
Crown of eferlasting conquest

now for me, this is a bit of a wtf, i can see that you want him to survive, but to be honest all he really needs is a shield and he will be fine, i might suggest grabbing the axe of khorne?, it is nice to boost your strength :)

Core:

23 x (6x4) Chaos Marauders 211p
MoN
Full Command
Light armour
Shields
Flails

ok good, but change MoN for MoS, caus if you dont they are gonna be runing a fair bit, and that is NOT good if they are gonna hold any characters and drop the flails

5 x Marauder Horsemen 111p
MoK
Musician
Flails

love it, hits like a ton of bricks

5 x Marauder Horsemen 111p
MoK
Musician
Flails

same as above

5 x Chaos Warhounds 30p

5 x Chaos Warhounds 30p

5 x Chaos Warhounds 30p

[I]very nice, very useful

Special:

4 x Ogres 230p
MoN
Chaos armour
GW

ok, change the MoN to MoS and it is gold

10 x (5 x 2) Chosen 255p
Full command (champ with favor of the gods)
MoT
Shields

ok, personaly i am not a fan of chosen, although they can be very hard to kill if you get lucky with the 4+ ward, but they are a bit of a points sink

Rare:

Chaos Warshrine 130p
MoT

good, cept change MoT for MoS, this thing runs ALOT if it doesnt have MoS, trust me on that. warshrines are good, but remember that it can only have one buff going at a time, it cant 'stack' buffs (i think you said something about buffing everything till it was uber (or something like that :D) just remember that you cant do that)

Hellcannon 205p

hmmm, not a huge fan of this, personaly i would drop it and get more warriors, thes things are good, but you really lack bodies.

overall it is...about a 3.5/10, you really lack punch units, the ogers are good, but not that great, you need maybe 8 of them (2 units of 4) to make them really good, also i would try and find the points for at least one unit of knights. also, change one of your exalteds to a sorcerer, otherwise you arnt gonna get many spells off. and you will need to make a few more bunkers to stick your mages in, maybe another unit or marauders, just remember that these guys arnt really that great :D.

hope that helped :D

BattleofLund
16-01-2010, 09:44
okej.... but... the idea with the shrine is to make the opponent have to engage you insted of holding back them too.... because if they also hold back i will buff my units so much that it makes them almoast unbeatable....

You do know that the Shrine's 2nd blessing cancels its 1st, the 3rd cancels the 2nd, and so on? (except if you bless something with Stupidity of course)

I've tried combining Shrine, Cannon and medium magic, but felt it ate too many points. Definitely not so fond of the Cannon anymore, either.

Opinion, not fact... but when your Cannon Misfire result kills off it and/or other stuff in your own army, and you can't make it back by aggressive manoevres (because your army simply doesn't have the units for such, possibly the Cannon ate them)... its disheartening.

If you really want to hang back, ditch one or more of the Shrine, the Hellcannon, foot BSB, Jugger Champion. Get more guys, and more magic. If you keep the Hellcannon, take the Infernal Puppet - and keep the Hellcannon at the far end of your line.

BigbyWolf
16-01-2010, 09:50
Never knock the WOC Gunline, I've had great fun with it, throw in a couple of Hellcannons, Horsemen with Throwing Axes, and stick as many shooting attacks/ magic missiles as you can on your characters. Stick in the Doom Totem and you've got a long range "Panic Bomb".

Snogens
16-01-2010, 10:35
as for the foot marauders... doesnt the banner of the gods makes them stubborn? so then they will not flee?

hmm, i didnt know that you only can have one buff at a time from the shrine.... that changes everything....
But, can a shrine buff several different units with one buff? if not... ill just drop the idea of the army and think of something els...

perhaps a foot army with 3 x MoK mara hourse... then the rest of the points go into a large troll unit with sigvald or something ? :)

is there any WoC cheese or atleast anyone know a strong foot army combo?

BigbyWolf
16-01-2010, 10:40
Only one buff per turn from a Shrine, multiple shrines can buff one unit though.

Does the army have to be cheesey? You can make a decent combo out of foot troops, Knights and monsters...just make sure you have a couple of units of Horsemen/ Dogs in there.

If I ever go all foot I like to have Nurgle/Tzeentch anvils to take charges and Khornate hammers to flank. A good example of this is a unit of 10-12 WoC with MoN/T and H/W + shield, supported by Khorne Warriors with extra H/W or Khorne marauders with great weapons .

I'd suggest having a look at the WoC Tactics page for a few hints/ tips (if you haven't done so already...).

Havock
16-01-2010, 11:17
Mark of Slaanesh is better on the shrine.