PDA

View Full Version : high elf dragon slot

Brady
14-01-2010, 20:58
it says that dragons take up a hero slot. does this count towards the max total lords and heroes? for example at 2k high elves can take four heroes and a lord but only four in total. would a model riding a dragon take up two of that four total or would it take up one of your total allowed and a hero slot. so you could take three heroes and prince on dragon. or two heroes and prince on dragon? sorry if i have not explained it well!

Tarian
14-01-2010, 21:01
Dragon = hero, so 2 heroes and 1 Dragon Lord.

enyoss
14-01-2010, 22:32
Yup, the Dragon counts as a hero in addition to any characters riding it.

If it didn't, what would be the point in having the rule?

Shadow Rider
14-01-2010, 22:49
As others have Said. Your Prince on Dragon for example takes up 2 of your Character Slots. 1 For your Lord and 1 as a Hero (That being the Dragon :D)

Brady
15-01-2010, 14:45
Yup, the Dragon counts as a hero in addition to any characters riding it.

If it didn't, what would be the point in having the rule?

it means you could still have three foot heroes and dragon lord ( becuase u still only have four heroes and a lord and you would stil be within the maxt total characters limit)

Leth Shyish'phak
15-01-2010, 15:29
Yes but what would be the point in it saying that the dragon took up a slot?

It would be entirely pointless.

EDIT:
( becuase u still only have four heroes and a lord and you would stil be within the maxt total characters limit)

You can't have four heroes and a Lord at 2000 points...

enyoss
15-01-2010, 17:33
it means you could still have three foot heroes and dragon lord ( becuase u still only have four heroes and a lord and you would stil be within the maxt total characters limit)

That's my point entirely, that in the situation you have described the Dragon's special rule has made no difference whatsoever to your army composition.

I think you are a bit muddled with the army composition tables. Rather than thinking of it as a Hero and Lord allowance, think of it as a Character and Lord allowance. So at 2K, you are allowed up to 4 Characters, one of which may be a Lord. All the Dragon special rule says is that it counts as a Character choice. Assuming you took your maximum allowance of characters, your possible choices at 2K would therefore be:

1) 4 Heroes
2) 3 Heroes + 1 Lord
3) 2 Heroes + 1 Lord + 1 Dragon
4) 2 Heroes + 1 Dragon Mage (DM = 1 Hero + 1 Dragon = 2 Characters)
5) 2 Dragon Mages

EDIT:

6) 1 Dragon Mage + 1 Lord + 1 Dragon

I forgot that last one. Thanks Condottiere.

Condottiere
15-01-2010, 18:30
And then you have Caledor Flying Circus, Star Dragon Rider and Dragon Mage.

I think the threshold is around 250 points, large, terror causing, flying to require an additional hero slot for a mount.