PDA

View Full Version : Dogs of war

Elannion
03-02-2006, 00:43
I know that at the back of army lists it says dogs of war 'rare' but in the reg of renowned thing it says some of them are special. I know that this is probably outdated now and replaced but just making sure. Also are all DoW subject to the DoW rules? because someone i know has said they are.

Mad Makz
03-02-2006, 03:15
There are two ways to field Dogs of War, Dogs of War units as part of another army with access to Dogs of War, or Dogs of Units as part of a Dogs of War Army.

On top of this, there are generally two types of Dogs of War unit. Regular Dogs of War units, and Regiments of Reknown.

Regular Dogs of War units are all available as Rare choices to those armies that can take Dogs of War as per that armies army book.

Regiments of Reknown are available to those army listed in their description as able to take them as whatever choice they are listed as taken up (i.e Menghil's Manflayers are Rare in most armies, but I believe special in Dark Elves.)

The Dogs of War army rules are specific to Dogs of War armies. I'm not sure which specific rule you are referring to as the DOW Rules?

Elannion
03-02-2006, 16:48
Yeah sorry DoW are hard to describe. What i meant was DoW as in the army (dwarfs, halflings, pikemen and such), are they available as rare.

Also in the regiments of renowned some are special some are rare, i was just wondering if this was replaced by they rule that dogs of war are rare choices in armys books.

Keller
03-02-2006, 17:57
No, the Regiments of Renown do not become Rare if they are listed as something else. They follow the composition slots listed, though most are Rare it seems, with a handful of Special.

Elannion
04-02-2006, 00:31
well i wasn't sure if that had been updated in a later white dwarf or summit.

Keller
04-02-2006, 01:26
Not that I know of. The RoR rules superceed the Rare entry for the army books; these only apply to generic Dogs of War, not Regiments of Renown.