PDA

View Full Version : Gamezone chariot

mattjgilbert
15-01-2010, 15:16
Has anyone got or seen the Gamezone chaos chariot?
http://www.drgamingsupplies.co.uk/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=23&=SID

I'd like to know if it would fit on a WHFB chariot base.

Thanks

The Red Scourge
15-01-2010, 16:05
GZ entire range is made to leech off GWs IP, so I'm sure they do their best to make it fir :)

O&G'sRule
15-01-2010, 19:31
I have the DE one, it pretty much the same scale, just alot prettier than the gw one. It was though a bit of a pig to stick together, lots of green stuff

Malorian
15-01-2010, 20:30
Lol, I like the spinning blades on the front.

I remember them making a chariot like that on TV because it was from some old design. Can't remember who designed it though...

mattjgilbert
16-01-2010, 21:53
It's those blades which make it look like it might be longer than the chariot base (and which therefore might _actually_ cause impact hits on my opponents models!)

I'm still tempted to get one.

tezdal
16-01-2010, 22:20
Wow, those Kraut's sure make some pretty games workshop ripoff's...although those Blood Knight stand-ins do make me wanna create a unit of Bk's

Briohmar
17-01-2010, 05:31
I know I'm probably in the minority here by pointing out that ripping off someone who ripped their stuff off is kind of a redundant statement. GW intelectual property is of course all stolen, so how could someone be stealing from them. To date the only things I can think of from Games workshop that are actually original ideas are the Goblin fanatics, the doom diver catapult, and the snotling pump wagon. That said, I see nothing wrong with some healthy competition for the evil empire, I just wish that they didn't actually cost more than GW models themselves.

mattjgilbert
17-01-2010, 10:54
They even do goblin fanatics (take a look at the goblin pages) ;)

Yes their stuff is very nice, but all metal so pricey. Worth getting some bits though to spice up the look & feel of units and an army.

derv
17-01-2010, 12:15
All Gamezone stuff is 28mm and fits in perfectly with Warhammer Fantasy.

The models are a right pain to put together. Most of the joins are poor and you will spend a lot of time greenstuffing gaps, BIG gaps.

That said though, many of their models are absolutely gorgeous and are much nicer than the GW equivalents and the extra assembly work is worth it in the end.

The best prices I've found in the UK are from www.drgamingsupplies.co.uk Check them out. 20% off GW prices too and free delivery to boot.

Redvampire7
17-01-2010, 12:53
I agree with the above statements. Awesome miniatures but big gaps. Nothing some greenstuff won't solve though. However some of their miniatures are slightly odd scale. I have the undead wolves that are way bigger than GW's and the Blood Knights that are slightly smaller. It's not bothering me though.

mattjgilbert
17-01-2010, 13:51
It's the chaos I'm interested in for now but I have an O&G army I might buy a couple of bits for and an Empire army in the wings which I'll probably also get some GZ models for too.

Chiron
17-01-2010, 13:54
GZ entire range is made to leech off GWs IP, so I'm sure they do their best to make it fir :)

And isnt it shameful that they do it all so much better

Hiportes
17-01-2010, 16:53
I have the Chaos Chariot from GZ and have modeled it on a chariot base. The back is hanging off a little (the wheels are about 1 cm from the back of the base) and the spinning blades still almost entirely hang off the front of the base. This makes it harder to line up in the front on a charge, but I make do just fine. I have been contemplating cutting off the blades and just replacing it with on blade on the cut off nub, but I have not gotten around to doing so.

I'll see if I can track down a camera and get a shot so you can see it for yourself.

Nevermind, had some pics, but they are too large to put in a post. :wtf: Any workarounds so I can get the pics up for you?

mattjgilbert
17-01-2010, 19:16
Can you resize a copy?

Hiportes
18-01-2010, 05:01
Ok, here's another try. I resized them, as you said. The quality may not be the best, but hopefully they give you an idea. It really is a nice model, if not form fitting to the base. Cut off the blades and I think it makes a nice piece in an army.

mattjgilbert
18-01-2010, 12:21
OK, well that looks more than workable. Thanks a lot Hiportes - much appreciated :)

Shamutanti
18-01-2010, 13:49
And isnt it shameful that they do it all so much better

That's questionable.

Gamezone's products require more assembly time, a higher level of modeling and building skills as well as an abundance of materials outside their product to keep in one piece.

The end product might look better, if you meet all the criteria, but I've yet to see anyone finish a gamezone model which resembles the original picture to a T.

limkopi
18-01-2010, 14:24
So the chariot is metal?

Anyone got the seekers stand in from Gamezone? What material are they in?

Shamutanti
18-01-2010, 14:43
So the chariot is metal?

Anyone got the seekers stand in from Gamezone? What material are they in?

Bad quality metal.

lord ugwart
18-01-2010, 14:57
Granted, Gamezone models are a total git to assemble, but they are well worth it.
Iv'e bought quite a few orcs and goblins and Gw's orc boar boyz look pathetic in comparison.

mattjgilbert
18-01-2010, 14:58
Is the metal really that bad?

Hiportes
18-01-2010, 15:13
I have never really had a problem with their products, although I only have the chariot and a few dark elf models. The assembly doesn't seem much more difficult than GW (of course it depends on the kit) and I have not had a problem with the metal quality.

Chiron
18-01-2010, 15:19
That's questionable.

Gamezone's products require more assembly time, a higher level of modeling and building skills as well as an abundance of materials outside their product to keep in one piece.

Superglue? The occasional bit of greenstuff for gaps?

The end product might look better, if you meet all the criteria, but I've yet to see anyone finish a gamezone model which resembles the original picture to a T.

Do these come close enough?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/mibmgd/Warhammer/Empire/IMG_8717.jpg
http://www.artemisblacks.com/gamezone/images/imperial/02-12%20A.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/mibmgd/Warhammer/Empire/IMG_7644.jpg
http://www.artemisblacks.com/gamezone/images/imperial/02-05%20A.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/mibmgd/Warhammer/Tomb%20Kings/IMG_4091.jpg
http://www.artemisblacks.com/gamezone/images/feudal/11-10%20Learned%20Sorceress%201d.jpg

rtunian
18-01-2010, 15:22
it would have to be horriffic to be worse than gw metals
i'm looking at you, gorbad ironclaw ><;;;

as an aside, i'm entirely uneducated when it comes to the process of making miniatures. i can't for the life of me understand: why is it that a model which is made to be assembled must be modified before it can be assembled?!

i understand a bit of flash or extra material here or there, but i cannot comprehend how pieces that are supposedly made to fit, just plain do not fit together no matter what you do, short of filling them in with greenstuff and modelling your own joints.

what exactly am i paying fifty bucks for a single model for, if i have to re-model it just so that i can put it together?

edit: 1111 posts... *makes a wish*

Shamutanti
18-01-2010, 15:31
Hmmm... maybe I just picked up an awful cast then?

I bought the Cold One Chariot 'bout 6 months back and even NOW it still falls apart. The wheels were a pain to pin, the frame required pinning to place, again, with little to pin to, some super glue, and an abundance of greenstuff to fill in the massive holes and rifts.

The cold ones were pretty damn diabolical also.

The single minatures you showed like nice enough true, but well, that experience with a large kit drove me ******* insane.

I bought Azhag (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300318&prodId=prod30012a) a few weeks back and he was assembled within the hour.

Took me the best part of 3 days to keep the Chariot and Lizzies remotely together.

And on an edit: I personally thought the quality of the metal on the kit was only a step up from the original lead castings way back when. GW White Metal at least feels good. The Gamezone one felt a little brittle and rough.

mattjgilbert
18-01-2010, 16:03
Well I've had some pretty horrific GW models to put together over the years so it's a universal problem. Some kits or castings are better than others :)

Chiron
18-01-2010, 16:07
Indeed, try putting a Tomb Scorpion together for a nightmare time

That venerable thaumaturge model arrives in several pieces as well so its trickier than it looks to put it together.

The biggest problems with the models are the joins, they fit together but thanks to the detail they invariably end up with little bits missing from the casting process but these are very easy to put back with a minimum of gs

Hiportes
18-01-2010, 16:18
Well I've had some pretty horrific GW models to put together over the years so it's a universal problem. Some kits or castings are better than others :)

The Scraplauncha. I can't, for the life of me, get one to stay together. I consider it a net gain if I play with Ogres and the Scraplauncha makes it the whole game without falling to pieces.

O&G'sRule
18-01-2010, 22:29
Id have thought the worst (without talking about forgeworld or 40k) would be the hellcannon. Seriously that is a large hammer job. The worst for staying together has to be DE executioners, who the hell thought having the swords fit like that was a good idea? Maybe the O&G rock lobba too, just dreadful.