PDA

View Full Version : Older computer games

Antaeus
20-05-2005, 11:58
Anyone remember Rogue Squadron 3D? I found it again recently, installed it and played through it again-and love it! Anyone else gobne back to a game they haven't played for a while recently?

neXus6
20-05-2005, 13:53
With my PC a total mess I can't play any games newer than Red Alert 2 and Shogun:Total War.
So my recent return was to Halflife, I played it when it came out but being just a young nipper back then I never got very far before I gave up...it took me 2 nights to get farther than I had before. :p

hairyman
20-05-2005, 14:00
Rediscovered Baldurs Gate II recently when my mrs decided to play it through again... and I'm forever going back to medieval total war, civ 3 and europa universalis II

neXus6
20-05-2005, 14:04
...BG2 isn't old...I still play BG regularly, I can't run BG 2. :(
And I can't get my copy of Medieval TW to work.
I can play skirmish games but if I go into any option that brings up the campaign map (be it the full campaign or just the campaign tutorial) the game crashes on me. :wtf: I hate my PC...I also can no longer play Mechwarrior 4 online for some reason.

Oh yeah they can be added to the list I guess, Mechwarrior Vengence, Black Knight and Mercenaries.

hairyman
20-05-2005, 14:10
BG2 is at least 5 years old.. isn't it????

Well, if you're talking really old, then I discovered an ancient disk with Daggerfall on the other month. Installed it, ran it, laughed my head off, and then turned it off. Was great at the time, though (and paved the way for Morrowind.. one of my favourite all time games).

Also still hammer super puzzle fighter on the play station/ps2. That's years old.

neXus, you are in serious need of an upgrade, my friend :eek:

Melchor
20-05-2005, 14:16
With the current Star Wars craze, I deceided to re-install Jedi Outcast. Great game. It's not really old and for some reason I like it better than it's successor: Jedi Academy.

TheRighteous
20-05-2005, 14:52
Wolfenstien 3D rocks.
It's still a great game.
To bad I have a mac.

Hiox
20-05-2005, 16:00
I'm still a fan of Doom 2. Playing it multiplayer on xbox is pure greatness. :D

Arnizipal
20-05-2005, 16:38
I've been playing a lot of Beasts and Bumpkins lately. Now there's a funny (but terribly hard) game.

Slyracoon
20-05-2005, 16:56
Anyone remember Rogue Squadron 3D? I found it again recently, installed it and played through it again-and love it! Anyone else gobne back to a game they haven't played for a while recently?
That's quite odd, about two months ago I re-installed that. However, turns out I'm just as crap at it as I used to be, which was pretty depressing really. I also recently played through Deus Ex again (although I guess it's not that old) and that hadn't aged a day, still one of the best games ever. And just today, I found my copy of Crash Bandicoot for the playstation! The first game I ever owned for that platform, it brought a tear to my eye...

Wraith
20-05-2005, 17:03
Red Alert 2 was such a great game... so much better than C&C generals...

Still, it had it's faults... (everyone playing as allies, soviets being underpowered, host refusing to allow you to play as Yuri...).

Antaeus
20-05-2005, 17:19
I followed it up by re-installing the awesome Lego Racers :D Rock Raiders is kicking around somewhere as well...*temptation*

Strange to have games like Lego Racers and Rogue Squadron on the same PC as Dawn of War, KOTOR 2 and the Earth 2160 beta...

Zechs
20-05-2005, 18:02
Total Annihilation! One of the best RTS games ever! A month ago I replayed Fallout 2 for the tenth time, and now I'm thinking about restarting X-Wing Alliance!

Kohhna
20-05-2005, 18:33
Civ 2
Though I'm thinking of getting something a bit more up to date, like an older Total War

Frodo34x
21-05-2005, 10:51
Deus Ex
Red Alert 2

Both are amazing games.