PDA

View Full Version : San Fransico Games Workshop

16-01-2010, 04:15
Can anyone tell me if their is still a GW store in the Sony Metreon. I went there like 3 or 4 years ago and loved this building, movie theatres, video games, GW, and a sony store this place was awesome. I'm going back and would like to play some games there.

If there is no more GW at Sony Metreon in DT San Fran. Where is the best store in DT San Fran to play at ?

patisfidel
16-01-2010, 06:21
no more GW San Francisco, hasn't been for almost 4 years, the only place I know of that has open tables in SF is Gamescape, out at 333 Divisadero Street.

16-01-2010, 06:29
Wow thats a shame I loved the GW at Sony Metreon.

Irondog
16-01-2010, 09:55
Yeah, the management at the Metreon jacked around a lot of stores on their leases. Raising their rents while the economy was in a nosedive. The Metreon is like a ghost town now. Pretty much only the theater and the restaurants are still operating.

Gamescape is the place to play. They hold an after hours 40k night every Friday, 7pm until whenever. I often don't roll out of there until after midnight.

Wintermute
16-01-2010, 10:02
I'm moving this thread to Other GW

Wintermute

18-01-2010, 03:40
tell me the arcade is at least in operation. do you have an address for this gamescape

Irondog
18-01-2010, 17:49
The arcade is closed down as well. Like I said, the place is a ghost town. Gamescape's address, as patisfidel posted earlier, is 333 Divisadero.

CaliforniaGamer
18-01-2010, 22:13
Neither SF...nor Sacramento (?!) as the capital of the biggest state in the Union have GW shops, yet there are like half a dozen in Houston of all places.

Warhammer has a huge following in the military, I would think Camp Pendleton/Oceanside and Travis AFB in Fairfield would be ideal spots.

Grimbad
18-01-2010, 23:07
I miss Metreon too. Had a great arcade back when it was the Airtight Garage, with all the original games. Slowly degenerated every time they closed and re-opened, though.
Going to the arcade, right across the hall from GW, was what first exposed me to warhammer. I'd spend all my tokens and cross over to look at the pictures while waiting for others to finish.
When the arcade last closed, we got two of their old sci-fi themed chairs, which probably would otherwise have gone in the trash.

20-01-2010, 04:07
I can tell you that Warhammer has a huge following in the military cause I am and most of my buddies are. But its wargaming in general not just warhammer.