PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Chaos Warrior list

Time of Madness
16-01-2010, 15:41
Going for a very strong list. Everything other then the hounds has at least T4 and a 3+ save.

CHARACTERS

Sorcerer Lord (General)
- Level 4
- Chaos Steed
- Dispel Scroll
- Book of Secrets
- Power Familiar
= 369pts

Sorcerer
- Level 2
- Infernal Puppet
- Enchanted Shield
= 170pts

CORE

13 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh
***General Here***
- Full Command
- Shields/Halberds
= 261pts

14 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh
***Sorcerer Here***
- Full Command
- Shields/Halberds
= 278pts

10 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh
- Shields/Halberds
= 180pts

5 Hounds
= 30pts

5 Hounds
= 30pts

SPECIAL

5 Knights of Slaanesh
= 210pts

5 Knights of Slaanesh
= 210pts

Chariot of Slaanesh
= 130pts

Chariot of Slaanesh
= 130pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1998pts

Casting Dice - 10
Dispel Dice - 5 + 1 scrolls

Models in army - 65

The idea is to use the hounds/knights/chariots on the flanks to help support my 3 infantry units.

My sorcerers usually take fire! I love flaming sword and some of the magic missiles.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
20-01-2010, 22:25
Opinions?
Time of Madness

tarrym
21-01-2010, 19:41
Personally I'd swap the small unit of 10 warriors for a large block (20-25) of marauders. Some SCR would be handy even if its just to tie up an enemy unit for a turn or so.

Chaos chariots are great!

AlmostDunn
21-01-2010, 19:59
why do you want all that slaanesh ? u can get so much other cool stuff from the marks

Avian
21-01-2010, 20:00
Dropping a warrior makes buying a horse for the lvl 2 essentially free.

Any thoughts on how to handle big flying nasties?

Time of Madness
22-01-2010, 01:55
Well obviously big flyers and even smaller flyers are really going to be a problem. If I can't shift them with magic I'm going to be in trouble. Unfortunately, WOC armies don't have many options for dealing with these other then taking some flyers themselves.

The reason for the Slannesh marks is the complete immunity to panic/terror/fear for very limited cost. The other marks might be "neater", however I don't think they are worth the points.

The idea behind my list was to squeeze as much T4 3+ save, immunity to fear/terror/panic guys into my list as possible.

The warhorse for the level 2 might be worth picking up. I could then remove the enchanted shield. Speaking of the shield has anyone run into problems with people saying you can't take it on a sorcerer?
Time of Madness

Johnnyfrej
22-01-2010, 02:32
The reason for the Slannesh marks is the complete immunity to panic/terror/fear for very limited cost. The other marks might be "neater", however I don't think they are worth the points.

Aww, and here I was thinking I was looking at a cool Slaanesh themed army :(

AlmostDunn
22-01-2010, 05:36
Sorcerer
- Level 2
- Infernal Puppet
- Enchanted Shield
= 170pts

can u give sorceress enchanted shield ?
they dont have any shield option in the army book ... :confused:

Mindshred
22-01-2010, 11:46
can u give sorceress enchanted shield ?
they dont have any shield option in the army book ... :confused:

As per the Warriors of Chaos army book and the FAQ, yes, sorcerers can use magic shields.

Time of Madness
22-01-2010, 11:49
Aww, and here I was thinking I was looking at a cool Slaanesh themed army :(

Well it is a cool themed slaanesh army....However my 2 sorcerers are not marked :(
Time of Madness

Blueskies
27-01-2010, 10:59
Based on what you set out too do, there isn't much else you can do? personally I'd consider dropping one of those warrior blocks and taking 2 units of marauder horsemen for baiting/warmachine hunting and get a warbanner and rapturous standard for your two units of warrior remaining.