PDA

View Full Version : Tau Space station

The_Blind_Anarchist
17-01-2010, 21:52
Hello, a friend of mine told me that theres a tau space station that is supposed to be the size of jupiter and undefeatable? :wtf::confused:Just want to know any more details upon this please.

MajorWesJanson
17-01-2010, 22:29
Not that I know of.
Tau do have large space stations, but they are space station sized and are defeatable. The Imperium has the Ramsilles Star Forts, the Dark Andels have the Rock, Imperial Fists have their giant Star Fort, White Consuls had a massive station said to be undefeatable until Necrons blew it up, and Necrons had a world-sized space station that Space Marines and an Imperial battlefleet managed to destroy, and the Eldar have Craftworlds, massive starship/small world hybrids that are easier to destroy than Eldar players like or think.

Maybe if you merged all these stations and scaled it up to Jupiter sized you might get to what you were told, but I don't think it is in 40K

pies
17-01-2010, 22:35
No, they don't. Ask him where he heard that, maybe tell us.

And the white consuls HAVE a ramilies class starfort.

The closest thing to that I can think of is the Phalanx, but even then it's only the size of a small moon.
Or more realistically the World Engine, it's planet sized but not undefeatable, after it's shield went down it got exterminatused.

Decius
17-01-2010, 23:05
Hello, a friend of mine told me that theres a tau space station that is supposed to be the size of jupiter and undefeatable? :wtf::confused:Just want to know any more details upon this please.

Seems to me your friend is lying. I'm surprised I'm the first to say it. :p

Dyrnwyn
18-01-2010, 00:32
Nope. Tau tend to have multiple defensive orbitals in system and around planets, but they're all WAY smaller than Jupiter. In fact, I don't think that there's a single faction in 40k that has a Jupiter-sized ship/orbital. Even Eldar craftworlds are not that large.

Perhaps he's thinking of Kroot Warspheres? They are supposed to be quite large, even for capital ships, but they're specifically noted as being very under gunned for their size.

Sephiroth
18-01-2010, 06:17

Tell him no, they don't have a Deathstar. However, that doesn't mean they won't try to. :p

Lord Asgul
18-01-2010, 10:18
What about the Dyson Sphere which I have been told houses the Outsider apparently. But I don't think it does.

chromedog
18-01-2010, 10:31
That's not a deathstar, and it's also not a tau space station.

It's a prison to keep a mad c'tan in. It also traps ALL of the energy of the star that is in there with him, so he can happily feed until it is gone).

It contains something that suppresses the warp (Tyranids need the warp for propagating the hive mind commands - and they avoid it. They'd probably avoid Cadia for the same reason.)

The_Blind_Anarchist
18-01-2010, 13:05
My friend said it was the Tau stories of either their new or last codex, i did too think he was lyinging or maybe was mistaken. Thanks for your replies.

Iracundus
18-01-2010, 13:22
That is why when someone tries to make a major claim, they should be prepared to cite it exactly. Not handwaving it as some WD or codex in the past that they can't quite remember or place. Many of the claims made turn out to be misremembered details, wishful thinking by fans, with perhaps some fan fiction mistaken or passed off as canon.

The_Blind_Anarchist
18-01-2010, 14:39
I am not making a claim... i just wished to know if this was or not.... Please re-read my opening post...

Lord Asgul
18-01-2010, 15:28
That's no moon...

MajorWesJanson
18-01-2010, 18:44
And the white consuls HAVE a ramilies class starfort.

That was a Ramillies? I'll have to read Dark Creed again. Seemed a lot bigger. The planet was a lynchpin of that area and only had the one station. There are minor worlds with 2-3 or more of the Ramillies. They aren't as rare as the one in the book sounded.

Iracundus
18-01-2010, 18:55
I am not making a claim... i just wished to know if this was or not.... Please re-read my opening post...

As my earlier post said, you should have asked your friend to cite their sources more specifically as proof. Those making exaggerated or untrue claims will often have trouble doing so.