PDA

View Full Version : tyranid crisis averted

Torga_DW
17-01-2010, 22:53
So with the rerelease of tyranids, i've been sorta growing more and more interested in them. Finally got the codex on the weekend, and made up a few different lists. Looked at the prices of the new minis, especially the raveners compared to the warriors.

Now i'm going back to finishing off my imperial guard. It was close for a few days there, but crisis averted.

Gutlord Grom
17-01-2010, 23:01
...Congratulations?

Jorgandr
17-01-2010, 23:02
And with this new thread you wanted to discuss what?

Reflex
17-01-2010, 23:09

clearly the price of the new nids...

Mannimarco
17-01-2010, 23:10
its your basic spam thread, next we're supposed to say somthing along the lines of "yeah the new nid prices are crazy go to hell GW" then sombosy will agree its to expensive etc etc

Max Jet
17-01-2010, 23:11
Here is the reason why Games Workshop never published some sculpting tutorial books. Thehehehe =)

The original poster seems to be one of the more intelligent people on this board.

the_picto
17-01-2010, 23:32
You could, of course, convert raveners from warriors. In fact, I'm quite confident you can make reasonable conversions of all the mid sized bugs out of warriors. Do that and you halve the price of the metal ones.

Vepr
17-01-2010, 23:51
My initial impression is that the IG codex is better anyways so you are better off. :p

Darnok
18-01-2010, 00:04
The OP should add something meaningful to discuss. This thread might have a pretty short lifespan otherwise. I hope it doesn't happen though.

Dead Man Walking
18-01-2010, 00:06
I think its pretty meaningful. If you don't like the prices don't buy the models. Vote with your wallet, as thats the only vote that counts.

Jorgandr
18-01-2010, 00:14
I think its pretty meaningful. If you don't like the prices don't buy the models. Vote with your wallet, as thats the only vote that counts.

But what about me that really like the models? The point cost are probably iffy, seems that way, but the models are really sweet.

Torga_DW
18-01-2010, 00:18
The models are really sweet, as is the concept. That sort of thing always goes a long way with me. But these are the goldswords of 40k. For expensive hobby, i found myself thinking hot damn thats expensive.

Meanwhile, i hear the new chimeras will be out in march.

itcamefromthedeep
18-01-2010, 04:12
You could, of course, convert raveners from warriors. In fact, I'm quite confident you can make reasonable conversions of all the mid sized bugs out of warriors. Do that and you halve the price of the metal ones.
A lot of my mid-sized dino-lobsters came from the bitz-box.

My Tyrant Guard and Hive Guard are based on Warriors with Carnifex back plates.

My Biovores are made with a Carnifex head in the middle, spare Genestealers heads and talons, and a Barbed Strangler for the gun.

The Raveners are made from those Extended Carapace bitz that come with the Tyrant and Carnifex.

My Zoanthropes are made from a Carnifex head, another back plate, an Adrenal Gland for "eyes" and some Genestealer talons for limbs. I made exposed brain with green stuff.

---

Yeah, I squeeze as many models as I can out of my Tyranid bitz.

loveless
18-01-2010, 04:27
I'd consider pricing the plastic Raveners to the old metal Raveners of a few months ago.

The new Tyranids are actually pretty fairly priced - as far as GW goes. We don't have an Empire Greatswords or Beastmen Bestigors situation anywhere. You're still saving a decent chunk of money on the plastic Raveners in comparison to the metals - you're just not saving a completely massive amount :p

davidvonhauser
18-01-2010, 05:29

Clearly this should be a thread about all the times you got excited about a new release and considered forking out for 2000 points of army (a) even though you've still got to paint armies (b), (c) and (d), army (e) is all over the place with half the models not undercoated and army (f) is still in all its original boxes...

but thank god you realise in the nick of time to eat this week so it all turns out ok...

Until Beastmen hit the shelves...

...oh wait, nvm.

:<

Zazoo
18-01-2010, 09:26
Well on a similar note, i was really excited about the new Nids until I got the Codex and realised that 90% of the collection I already have, witch is quite substantial, is useless and i would effectively need to collect a new army to play nids.

Pfft well done once again GW, how to alienate veteran players!!!!

The Marshel
18-01-2010, 09:49
alot of the time, i find many things to be rather expensive in this hobby when i go directly from gw. however, using an online discounter can save immense amounts of money.

lets say i wanted a space marine battle force, $150 aus directly from gw. a fair bit of money to fork out for the set. alternatively, if i use an online discounter, such as wayland games, it comes out to about $75 aus.

its not too hard to save, especially if you're in a country like Australia, where the prices compared to UK and USA are far higher then they ought to be. an aussie can same a lot of cash if they are willing to wait on delivery

t-tauri
18-01-2010, 09:54
Thread closed. Duplicates the many existing threads.