PDA

View Full Version : Are Dogs of War usuable in a DoC army? O_o

No-One
18-01-2010, 04:48
i haven't been able to locate a source that says yes or no, and was wondering if there was the possibility to use Dogs of War in a Daemons of Chaos army at all.

I had a few ideas for some conversions to include in a Daemons army, and was wondering how feasible it would be to even try to include them

Condottiere
18-01-2010, 05:31
Outside of characters, and the obvious ones, generic human and Ogres there isn't a problem.

ZeroTwentythree
18-01-2010, 05:35
Well, it's out of date, but looking at the DoW breakdown of who can take what... I see no references to a DoC army, so I'd say no. Which sort of makes sense from a fluff standpoint as well.

Besides, why would you want to take DoW for DoC, from either a gameplay or a fluff standpoint? :confused:

Ultimate Life Form
18-01-2010, 05:39
Besides, why would you want to take DoW for DoC, from either a gameplay or a fluff standpoint? :confused:

Now that I think about it, that would be a great idea to get Hordes of Chaos back...

Mortals that have been corrupted by demonic powers...

Condottiere
18-01-2010, 05:44
It's generally agreed that Ogres will fight for anyone, and you can assume that humans can too. Since support has been cut, and the forces of Chaos have wandered off into three separate lists, assumptions would have to be made, though the agreement of your opponent would also have to be obtained.

Agoz
18-01-2010, 05:49
doesn't it just say that any army can take a dogs of war unit as a rare choice in the dogs of war army list? I don't think it makes any specifications, outside of saying that bretonnians aren't allowed to take them.

A few of the regiments of renown do however specify who can take them, so DOC would not be able to. But as for the generic stuff, I don't think it specifies.

Condottiere
18-01-2010, 05:53
There was/is a list, and Elves can't take generic Dwarves, or even Slayer Pirates, though humans and ogres will work for anyone.

The Red Scourge
18-01-2010, 05:56
And the old HoC couldn't include DoW if led by a daemon :)

Shazarn
18-01-2010, 06:24
Bretonnians cant take any, supports fluff
Elves cant take dwarves, supports fluff
WoC can take them, supports fluff
Daemons, Interesting... (a moment whilst i ponder by twisting my goatee)
From my stand point, I'd have to say no to anything not a creature or akin (ogres etc.) as i doubt even the most fool hardy men would work for daemons unless warped by chaos, which is where it gets interesting. I suppose Pizzaro's lads may have gotten lost in the Lustrian jungles for long enough that they ran into a skaven warpstone or something and made a pilgrimage to the wastes? Makes sense.

Freman Bloodglaive
18-01-2010, 06:27
Any Chaos army can take Dogs of War. Says so in the DoW rules.

ZeroTwentythree
18-01-2010, 07:14
Any Chaos army can take Dogs of War. Says so in the DoW rules.

I fully support the concept of hobbits working for daemons.

:eek:

Uh... :eyebrows:

No-One
18-01-2010, 08:01
i was having an idea for a fluffy(sort of atleast) use of duelists in my nurgle army, as a sort or diseased assassins type of deal, corrupted by a slow acting(physically) disease, wittling their bodies to corruption over time, but corrupting them mentally into serving Nurgle.

possibly "plague cannons" lobbing nurglinds into battle, pulled by corrupted and diseased horses for galloper guns

i'm hesitant on both ideas, i was mainly just wondering if it was at all possible but those were the ideas that popped into my mind

crazywhiteboydance
18-01-2010, 11:08
Previously an army with a daemonic general could take no DoW other than the Dark Emissary.

I'm not entirely sure on how things stand currently but I cant see why that would've changed.

Condottiere
18-01-2010, 11:42
TBF, DoC didn't exist until recently.

As with all things, discuss it with your opponent beforehand; you may have to justify your choice with fluff, actual or made up.

Griefbringer
18-01-2010, 12:29
TBF, DoC didn't exist until recently.

Didn't the daemons have their own army list back in the days of Ravening Hordes?

ZeroTwentythree
18-01-2010, 12:44
They did, but I'm not certain that it was addressed in DoW at that point, either.

Shazarn
18-01-2010, 13:51
i was having an idea for a fluffy(sort of atleast) use of duelists in my nurgle army, as a sort or diseased assassins type of deal, corrupted by a slow acting(physically) disease, wittling their bodies to corruption over time, but corrupting them mentally into serving Nurgle.

possibly "plague cannons" lobbing nurglinds into battle, pulled by corrupted and diseased horses for galloper guns

i'm hesitant on both ideas, i was mainly just wondering if it was at all possible but those were the ideas that popped into my mind

Not trying to be jackarse here but it seems to me that the gifts of great papa nurgle would slow down the ability of duelist and pistoliers. I'd say take it from. The stand point that nurgle has given them external gifts such as poisons and plagues, as well as the infinite wisdom of the chaos gods. Cannons lobbing nurglings is just priceless....
"sir what's that?"
"fear not lads, it appears as though some crazy chaos daemon sneezed into his cannon"
laughter followed by screams as the nurglings eat their faces...
Can't get classic comedy like that anywhere but warhammer :) if I ever buy a predatornfor my deathguard, I'm shoving a nurgling down the barrel

Condottiere
18-01-2010, 14:14
The last list of compatibility was just after Storm of Chaos.