PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf lists 2250pts.

Bladelord
18-01-2010, 14:59
Dwarf Lord, great weapon, shieldbearers.
181pts.
BSB, MRoGromril.
115pts.
Runesmith, shield, RoStone, MRoBalance.
127pts.
Giant Slayer.
50pts.
25 Warriors, shields, FC.
250pts.
18 Longbeards, shields, FC, RoBattle, RoStoicism.
291pts.
10 Quarrellers.
110pts.
10 Thunderers, shields.
150pts.
10 Thunderers, shields.
150pts.
2x Bolt Throwers, Engineers.
120pts.
2x Bolt Throwers, Engineers.
120pts.
Cannon, Engineer, RoReloading, RoFire.
145pts.
2xBolt Throwers, Engineers, 1 Ro+1str.
145pts.
Gyrocopter.
140pts.
Gyrocopter.
140pts.

Total: 2234pts. 16pts left to spend.

Not too much pts spended on runes. Will soon try to make a ''horde'' but donīt have time atm.;)

graymer
18-01-2010, 17:04
Fear/Terror will destroy this army.

I understand what you're trying to do here. Maybe a Lord isn't the best option. Perhaps keeping your characters restricted to RS, BSB, DS, and possibly a ME, or combat Thane would help more. With a Horde melee Dwarf list, Strollaz Rune is almost a must.

Warriors without a character are worthless. They are S3 with a 3+ save. Most other core choices in other armies will rock these guys. With a Lord, I'd drop Warriors altogether, just take the Longbeards from your core melee choices, and then get another elite unit from the Special choices.

Too many BTs with no runes. I'd drop 2 of them and pick up a melee unit choice, miners, or a GT.

Gyrocopters definitely serve their purpose here. With all the shooting, I'd support 2 of these. Just know they're very fragile.

Red Metal
18-01-2010, 19:33
This army needs a Special choice unit badly. Hammerers or even Ironbreakers will help immensely. As it stands, there are only two blocks of infantry. That might work at 1K, but not at 2250.

As mentioned there are too many BTs without Runes. You really need RoPenetration and RoBurning on one and just a RoPenetration on another.

The Cannon will work fine with just a RoForging, the other stuff can be dropped.

Those 10 Quarrellers need shields for the same reason that all Dwarves need shields.

It's a nice start, it just needs some tweaking. Good luck. Go avenge some Grudges.

Bladelord
18-01-2010, 22:06
Dwarf Lord, great weapon, shieldbearers, RoStone.
186pts.
BSB, MRoGromril.
115pts.
Runesmith, shield, RoStone, MRoBalance.
127pts.
Giant Slayer.
50pts.
18 Longbeards, shields, FC, RoBattle, RoStoicism.
291pts.
10 Quarrellers, shields.
120pts.
10 Thunderers, shields.
150pts.
10 Thunderers, shields.
150pts.
18 Hammerers, shields, FC.
264pts.
2x Bolt Throwers, Engineers, 1 RoFire.
125pts.
Cannon, Engineer, RoReloading.
140pts.
2xBolt Throwers, Engineers, 1 RoPenetration.
145pts.
Gyrocopter.
140pts.
Gyrocopter.
140pts.

Total: 2143pts. 107pts left to spend

Ok here's the new list. Dropped 2 BTs & the warriors for some hammerers, the Lord will stay in the army so that my opponents will probably think he's a nasty immortal killing machine. If I could take RoPenetration on more than 1 BT I would easily take 4 BTs with it but now that's illegal. Is it worth giving the quarrellers g. wpns so they can be used effectively as flankers?

Thanks for the comments & more help would be wonderful:) I'm just a beardling so...

Red Metal
19-01-2010, 00:11
You can take RoPenetration on as many BTs as you want. You just have to add other Runes, so the BT's combination of Runes is never represented twice. The rule states that no item can have the same combination of Runes, but RoPenetration is a regular Rune (not a Master Rune), so it can appear more than once in a list.

The Hammerers help, I would give them MRoGrungi - with all your units, the Ward Save will be really nice. I use this Rune in games of 1.5K and up.

The Quarrellers should not have GW. I just don't see it being worth the points.

The list is starting to look alot better. :)

Bladelord
19-01-2010, 11:09
Runes that's not Master Runes can be taken more than once but still just on a single model in the army, or am I wrong?

Don't have the book right now so can't check what the pts cost on MRoGrungi is & the rune rules, but will probably give them MRoGrungi;)

graymer
19-01-2010, 17:09
Runes that aren't Masters can be added on different units and/or characters, but the combinations can't be the same. The only one that isn't like this is Rune of Stone.

For example, if you have 2 BTs, both can have RoPenetrating, but you need to add one more rune to ONE of them in order to make it unique to the other.