PDA

View Full Version : If GW WERE to make a new SM Codex for a new Chapter, who would you want?

jason_sation
18-01-2010, 22:29
Not saying they are, and to be honest, I'm perfectly fine with my IG, so I don't have need to see a new one. Just curious, if you ran GW, and had the idea of putting out a Codex for a Chapter that has never had their own Codex before, who would you pick? Which Chapter seems different enough to warrant their own Codex?

I'd probably go with Salamanders.

catbarf
18-01-2010, 22:29
ANGRY MARINES!

Really, what we need is a codex that can do a good enough job approximating any chapter, not just Ultramarines.

Torga_DW
18-01-2010, 22:34
Angry marines are pretty cool. But i think iron hands have a lot of potential for cool.

Corrode
18-01-2010, 22:34
Probably something really variant - a Codex: Cursed Founding maybe.

TheBigBadWolf
18-01-2010, 22:36
Really, what we need is a codex that can do a good enough job approximating any chapter, not just Ultramarines.

Agreed, you only need a new (even then its push) codex for a chapter that is divergent from the Codex Astartes like,

anything other that the above can get on fine with the original codex SM

Possibly stealth marines ;)

jason_sation
18-01-2010, 22:38
Haha, I didn't think about the Angry Marines. I guess then it would be followed by Codex: Pretty Marines.

O&G'sRule
18-01-2010, 22:40
One without space marines, enough already. Lets have some variety, mechanicum for example

devlin
18-01-2010, 22:48
ravenguard or iron hands

but agree mechanicum would be my top choice too

Occulto
18-01-2010, 22:55
Possibly stealth marines ;)

Funniest fan-rules ever. What was it? Before the game on a roll of 4+ the Stealth Marine player won automatically because they travelled the galaxy in a ship that made the Planet Killer look puny?

Plus the catchy chapter warcry: "Distroy all evil!!!!"

*reminisces about the days of Portent when mentioning the Stealth Marines was a bannable offense.* :D

Mr Zoat
18-01-2010, 22:59
Reasonable Marines

In battle, they employ sophisticated and highly coordinated group tactics not commonly associated with normal space marines. Their armor is painted to blend into their environment in order to limit visibility (maybe camouflaged in multiple spectra so that, for example, their heat signature is harder to detect). No matter how cool it looks, a Reasonable Marine still needs to request permission from their commanding officer to carry nonstandard equipment into battle, and must justify this in a way that demonstrates its effectiveness in combat.

Paraelix
18-01-2010, 23:01
Look at your title. You said "New Chapter" ergo it can't be a pre-existing fluff chapter...

In any case... Angry Marines.

Deus Mechanicus
18-01-2010, 23:01
Rainbow Warriors

Nuage
18-01-2010, 23:03
I cast my vote for the Angry guys.
I mean... The Banner of STFU is one of the most brilliant invention of all time. Of all time !

Nuage.

Ozybonza
18-01-2010, 23:04
Personally, I'd prefer a seperate codex for every company in the Ultramarines.

Special Character tactical troopers that have killed Demon princes, a scout that killed a Norn Queen with his combat knife, you get the idea.

The Ginger Ninja
18-01-2010, 23:04
WE NEED HAWK LORDS!
most badass paint scheme ever made, don't even know if gw has even bothered with fluff about them, it might be an open book

Ozendorph
18-01-2010, 23:05
Iron Hands. Lots of cool model/rule possibilities I'd think.

Vaktathi
18-01-2010, 23:06
Chaos Legions. A decent Legions book has far more opportunities for huge variety and expansion over any loyalist material.

What's the point of another loyalist marine chapter? We already have 3 variations of "we like to chop and slash" loyalist marines, we have "heavy armor and fast bikes" marines, we have normal marines, and "elite" marines (DH). What on earth would they bring to the table? Between the 5 loyalist SM books (not counting DH) we have less variation and difference than between IG, Tyranid, CSM or Ork builds in each of their respective codex's.

Rick Blaine
18-01-2010, 23:15
Codex: Custom Slightly Divergent Marines
Same as regular C:SM, but with a long appendix of specialized units and vehicles of all types. You get to pick any 2 things from that list. This would replace all SM codexes.

BA players could choose Super Assault Squads and Assault Cannon Predators. DA would take Bike Command Squads and Terminator Command Squads (each allows to take the corresponding basic unit as Troops.) SW would choose Power Armoured Scouts and Super Individualistic Veteran Squads. Etc...

Then there would be an Index Astartes book of 50-100 cool Chapters with a page of fluff and a page of models each, and their official pick of special units.

LeonidasL
18-01-2010, 23:16
Iron Snakes

The Ginger Ninja
18-01-2010, 23:19
Vaktathi raises a good point, there is all sorts of factions inside other races that GW just shoves into the main codex. To name a few, Catachan, Thousand suns, numerous ork tribes i can't remember the name for, Death korp of kreig and the list goes on

Melancholy
18-01-2010, 23:23
Dark Eldar Marines. Maybe GW would actually release them.

jay court
18-01-2010, 23:29
1. Raven Guard. 2. Iron Snakes. 3. Soul Drinkers.

Failing that, Chaos Cult Marines! I want my World Eaters back to how they used to be!

Oguleth
18-01-2010, 23:29
Alpha Legion or Word Bearers - at least they would not be just new marines with some flavourrules, and more interesting to face if done right.

d6juggernaut
18-01-2010, 23:35
Salamanders, flamers gives them personality, their color scheme is clean and simple, Vulkan kicks ass, and it can be an excuse to remove Vulkan from the vanilla SM codex all together for god's sake.

jason_sation
18-01-2010, 23:38
Look at your title. You said "New Chapter" ergo it can't be a pre-existing fluff chapter...

In any case... Angry Marines.

oops! I guess I meant unreleased Chapter Codex.

Bestial Fury
18-01-2010, 23:41
Iron Snakes or Relictors.

GrogDaTyrant
18-01-2010, 23:46
Personally... none of the chapters. I'd choose something that really warranted it's own codex, and evened the playing field a bit. Like a codex dedicated to the Chaos Legions, Craftworlds, or Ork Klans. What bothers me most about 40k currently, is the mantra of 'Thous Shalt Have Vanilla Army Lists That Don't Represent Your Various Divergencies', which gets ignored for Space Marines.

Hell, I'd be ecstatic just to see legal PDFs / WD articles that brought in some more flavor and allowed players to field these divergent army lists.

From Shadows
18-01-2010, 23:48
Relictors and iron hands.

boogle
18-01-2010, 23:48
Blood Angels :D

Usopreme
18-01-2010, 23:50
Relictors or Sould Drinkers are really the only chapters in the current fluff, outside the chapters that already have them, that could warrant their own codex.

Mannimarco
18-01-2010, 23:51
new space marine codex.......how about codex traitor legions? we chaos players have to watch our loyalist brothers getting a dex for all their little chapters and we're stuck with a book that almost covers black legion.....almost

but seriously another marine codex would just delay the other books even more: why make codex dark eldar? doncha know the blood angels need a dex and screw codex daemonhunters/witch hunters cos theres still marine chapters out there that dont have their own book yet

where does it end? we have codex: you wish you were a smurf but your not, never the less you will aspire to our primarch cuz he's more uber than yours (now theres a mouthful) codex space wolves (aka codex just like everybody else on bigger and better!!1!) and the soon to be codex blood angels which will undoubtably be so awesome the cover will be a pic of 2 blood angels laughing their asses off holding a copy of codex smurfs with the caption "yeah right we aspire to be like you guys when?"

no more marines, lets get some of the other races done first

StefDa
18-01-2010, 23:52
Same as regular C:SM, but with a long appendix of specialized units and vehicles of all types. You get to pick any 2 things from that list. This would replace all SM codexes.

BA players could choose Super Assault Squads and Assault Cannon Predators. DA would take Bike Command Squads and Terminator Command Squads (each allows to take the corresponding basic unit as Troops.) SW would choose Power Armoured Scouts and Super Individualistic Veteran Squads. Etc...

Then there would be an Index Astartes book of 50-100 cool Chapters with a page of fluff and a page of models each, and their official pick of special units.

Hvis. Just thisted. I'd be super duper happy for ever
and ever. It seems like GW don't want to give too much
customability to the players, though. Like they don't trust us.

Blitz001
18-01-2010, 23:56
i demand angry marines....

Sekhmet
19-01-2010, 00:12
Necron Marines

Worsle
19-01-2010, 01:04
Going with the other sensible answers, codex 10th company. There a book about marines but a whole new standard stat line. Sure some of the units might take a bit of working out, but fast attack is covered at least and some sort of unholy fusion of sterngaurd and scouts gives us one elite choice then we might be having issues. Scout dreadnoughts is a possiblity might take a bit of explaining though... need to think about that. Give them beast movement though, and AV11

TitusAndronicus
19-01-2010, 01:14
I always wished my Howling Griffons would get their own codex but that's asking a lot of GW.

Giganthrax
19-01-2010, 02:09
Iron Hands.

Failing that, a brand new Gray Knights codex would also be much appreciated. :)

Thud
19-01-2010, 02:27
Marines Malevolent.

If I could choose a Traitor Legion, it would be Alpha Legion.

Hragnar Goreskull
19-01-2010, 02:38
RED CORSAIRS !!!!

Give them Dread-claw drop pods and orbital bombard due to Hurons vast fleet and please............Give the Blackheart terminator armor, I mean really.

AmasNagol
19-01-2010, 03:53
They should just call a spade a spade. Forget Space Wolves, Blood Angels and all that guff.

The next codex should be for the 'Cash Cows'

trolly
19-01-2010, 03:54
hi,

if a loyalist is a must the cursed founding deserved their codex.
if not, please do the chaos legion codex.
renegades don't deserves another codex.

cheers,
:D

Ianos
19-01-2010, 04:10
Codex Mary Jane Marines!

New Primarch: Marleus Robertus

War Cry: "We don't like regae, oh no, we love it!":cool:

Zujara
19-01-2010, 05:38
Space Sharks

Hoodwink
19-01-2010, 05:56
I'd love to see a group of marines with a basis just like chaos noise marines. They specialize in carrying big, heavy weapons and can fire for big shots if they stand still, or run and shoot at a slight disadvantage.

Higher point cost, but it'd be a crazy shooty army :D

EmperorEternalXIX
19-01-2010, 06:06
I think the Iron Hands and the Blood Ravens have the most possibilities to do cool stuff with army comp and rules.

The Blood Ravens' Librarian thing is very interesting, and we all know and love many of the characters from the video games and books following those games (I still doubt anyone would field Thaddeus, though, hehe).

The Iron Hands...I mean, the idea of bionics to the extent they use is really not done anywhere in the game right now. Until the Mechanicus gets a codex, this would be THE mechanically augmented force. I'd love to see them have slightly better vehicles and weaponry than normal marines, and the Terminator Sergeants thing is a cool idea that can't even be thought of outside of the Space Wolf dex right now.

totgeboren
19-01-2010, 06:44
I second the Alpha Legion / Word Bearer idea. A totally different Space Marine army, that could be done so the player got to chose if he wanted to go Marine heavy, supported by human cultists, or cultists heavy meaning a LatD army with Chaos Marine support.

It would be something that has been missing since forever.

If it must be loyalists, Iron Hands get my vote. They could tie in heavily with the AdMec, even having things like a unit of Praetorians as an Elite choice and so on.

Scythe
19-01-2010, 07:02
Pretty Marines (http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/pm21.jpg)

Is there any other choice (http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4DBNL_en-GBNL260NL261&q=pretty+marines&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=LlhVS9L3DJP_4AbrurzJCA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQsAQwAA)?

:p

Lusall
19-01-2010, 07:03
Angry Marines= supid as hell...Now Rainbow Warriors...

But in all seriousness.

Grey Knights. Call me crazy. (On second thought...shut the hell up.)

Lord of Worms
19-01-2010, 07:05
if not, please do the chaos legion codex.
renegades don't deserves another codex.

I concur. Also, don`t let Mat Ward write any more codexes or fluff of any kind. This guy really pisses me off.:mad:

tezdal
19-01-2010, 07:30
It'd be cool if they made holy monk marines dedicated to find daemon's and supported them with a codex this editio.....ermm......GREY KNIGHTS

Mr Zoat
19-01-2010, 07:35
Lore Guard (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3477232/1/Diary_of_a_Space_Marine)

Why_easy
19-01-2010, 08:08
Power puff Marines!!!

Xelloss
19-01-2010, 08:50
Pretty Marines (http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/pm21.jpg)

Is there any other choice (http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4DBNL_en-GBNL260NL261&q=pretty+marines&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=LlhVS9L3DJP_4AbrurzJCA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQsAQwAA)?

:p
Damned, I was also thinking of them ! :D

I find them more funny than the angry marines :
Pretty Scout report 1 (http://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Pretty_Scouts1.jpg)
Pretty Scout report 2 (http://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Pretty_Scouts2.jpg)

the1stpip
19-01-2010, 09:19
Don't want to start ranting about the prolifercation of Marine codexes over other needier codexes.

So, in the spirit of the thread, my first choice would be Salamanders (cos I play them) or Iron Hands, cos they are more divergent than Sallies.

thinkerman
19-01-2010, 10:30
Iron Hands/mechanicum codex

Cursed foundings

Radium
19-01-2010, 12:06
Codex: Pre-heresy Legion.

Vanilla pre-heresy stuff with the famous captains (and Bjorn) as special characters. Use the money generated by this codex to create more Xenos stuff.

Urza
19-01-2010, 12:09
Relictors. Is there really any other choice? :D

jullevi
19-01-2010, 12:26
I would say yellow marines, or maybe even white. There is already Codex for blue, black, dark green, grey and soon red marines.

Getifa Ubazza
19-01-2010, 12:43
I think a scout codex would be interesting. Some basic idea's for units.

HQ: Space Marine Captain and Space Marine Chaplain. Space Marine Command squad.
Elite: Scout Rough Riders on Riding 'Beasts' and Scout squads with demo charges.
Troops: Basic Scouts with bolters or bolt pistol and CCW. Could take Land Speeder Storm Transport.
Fast Attack: Scout Bikers and Scout Buggies mounting heavy weapons.
Heavy Support: Scout Sniper squads and Scout squads with multiple heavy weapons.

Can't think of any other unit types. Maybe give them access to Tarantula mounted lascannons in heavy support.

Bunnahabhain
19-01-2010, 12:52
Codex Omni-Marines...

ie ALL marines in one book. You get more bits of new background, more paint schemes, more unusual chapter organisations, etc than just doing A.N.other chapter.

Hellgore
19-01-2010, 13:28
Wow, a question for Codex for a new/unpublished SM-Chapter and what comes up?

All the wellknown UM-H8erbois crawl out of their holes to start their whining sermon again. "Haven't been h8ing publicly for a week, must make clear I h8 UMs, cause everbody in the world must know I h8 'em and they deserve it."
Come on, how 'bout some growing up? And maybe not constantly annoying the hell out of others with your fluff-bitching?

/rant off.

I for myself would like to see some kind of Online-Codex for the Iron Hands. Just like the BA one at the moment, wouldn't take too much effort or costs and adds some flavor for those who like it. Oh and maybe a Renegade Codex with all those Chapters like Soul Drinkers that didn't turn chaos but do their own thing without the Imperium anyway.

Alessander
19-01-2010, 13:54
Iron Hands would be the most interesting, they are the only remaining "not-really-codex" chapter.

Gav2k
19-01-2010, 14:33
Mole Marines. Row-row, fight the powa!
Their battle-cry: "Screw them For the Emprah!!"

sydbridges
19-01-2010, 14:34
Dark Eldar Marines. Maybe GW would actually release them.

Necron Marines

Heh heh... it's funny 'cause it's true.

Rick Blaine
19-01-2010, 14:56

No.

"Mine is the drill that shall pierce the heretics!"

Tarquinn
19-01-2010, 14:58
I don't really want another SM codex, but if they have to do one, I'd be most interested in Blood Ravens.

Bolter Bait
19-01-2010, 16:03
Steel Badgers Chapter.

Okay, I guess if there had to be yet another marines codex, I'd want to to be generic enough to fill the niche between ultra-codex marines and Heresy era renegades. Basically, a codex that could be used for more recent traitors (i.e. traitors that haven't forgotten what a drop pod is or who still know how to fire a stormbolter twice at 24"), cursed founding chapters and highly divergent chapters.

darker4308
19-01-2010, 16:05
Rainbow Warriors. Yeah I went there.

Max Jet
19-01-2010, 16:07
The only, the power armoured...

Dwarves in Spaaaaaaace!!!! ^^

Nezalhualixtlan
19-01-2010, 19:10
Which Chapter seems different enough to warrant their own Codex?

Let me state I do not think the game *needs* another Space Marine codex first.

But if they did do another one, I'd like to see the Iron Hands get it.

duffybear1988
19-01-2010, 19:27
I think Iron hands were hard done by in the new marine codex - we have tons of ultramarine spec. characters, we have ravenguard, imerial fists, crimson fists, salamanders, white scars etc. The ONLY founding chapter not with a special character is the Iron Hands... why is that? Would it be so hard to release rules for an iron father instead of Telion or Chronus who are both totally lame! I mean ones a tough scout and the other drives tanks... did we really need another smurf posterboy?

Personally I would have liked to have seen an iron father with a 4+ inv save, master of the forge rules and equipment as well as rules that maybe gave dreadnoughts 'tank hunters' or 'furious charge' or something like that. After all Iron Hands are supposed to venerate dreadnoughts and listen to them a lot etc.

TimLeeson
19-01-2010, 19:29
I'd rather they DIDNT do anymore..but if there HAD to be.. I'd have to agree with those that said Iron Hands.

Why ? well to me Iron Hands represent a niche the other chapter codices dont occupy, and thats less space "knights" and more the gritty cyborg super-soldier archetype. Plenty of potential for awesome upgrade sprues with lots of cybernetic stuff and admech gear I'd imagine.

Goatboy
19-01-2010, 19:33
Iron Hands would get my vote for a new loyalist SM book. There divergent enough to warrent one and as they dont have a SC in the regular dex it wouldnt be stepping on any toes.

But there is huuuuge potential with chaos marines, both legion wise and with more recent renegades.

Rick Blaine
19-01-2010, 19:55
Iron Hands didn't get a SC because they got a regular HQ, didn't they?

PrimeMinistersQ&A
19-01-2010, 21:42
I'm sorry but this is a terrible idea.

We already have more marines then any other faction. We have Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Black Templars and regular Codex Space Marines. That's 5 codexes for really is just the same army. Then there are the spiky space marines.

Eldar could have a codex for each craftworld, but is that going to happen? Nope. So asking for even more is a bit over the top. Space Marines already dominate this hobby to the degree where its space marines everywhere.

If you add in the rest of the Imperium such as the IG, Sisters, and DaemonHunters that's 8 total.

That's MORE imperium codexes than all Xenos combined. What we need is more Xenos and not more space marines. Some of us play space marines day in and day out all the time, and its hard to find a non-space marine opponent. More space marines can make some people throw up.

GW please add the Hrud or the Demurig or one of the other minor Xenos quoted in rulebook. And of course update the Necron and Dark Eldar to help us Xenos players.

incarna
19-01-2010, 21:48
For the record I have never played a Space marine army and I probably never will.

I wouldn't mind seeing a White Scars codex though.

itcamefromthedeep
19-01-2010, 21:50
Nah, just replace all the special characters in the book with chapter-specific units like Crusader Squads, Grey Hunters, Baal Predators and Mortis pattern Dreadnoughts. Let the players pick the flavor of their Chapter from their special unit selection.

Leave the special characters as web-only extras for Apocalypse and stuff, where they should be.

tezza21
19-01-2010, 21:52
soul drinker's or the space shark's

thinkerman
19-01-2010, 21:57
Rainbow Warriors. Yeah I went there.

I remember those bad boys

DeadlySquirrel
19-01-2010, 22:30
ANGRY MARINES!!!11!!1!

They rox =p

Seariously, if any, Grey Knights then Iron hands

OthrBrthrDarrel
19-01-2010, 22:43
Ordo xenos, space sharks and hawk lords

Lyinar
19-01-2010, 22:46
Codex: Orbital Bombardment Marines.

"Oi, why ain't dere any beakiez 'ere?"

"I dunno... Wot'z dat whistlin' noiz---"*BOOOOOOOM*

Malorian
19-01-2010, 22:52
One for the scorpian models from forgeworld would be nice (although totally not needed).

the-skylord
19-01-2010, 22:54
The Raptor Cult

(The chaos dudes that live in the Eye of Terror)

VanirX
19-01-2010, 22:58
Iron Hands / Mechanicum, Raven Guard, Slamanders, White Scars, Imperial Fists, Alpha Legion all deserve there own codex's in my opinion.

tezza21
19-01-2010, 23:40
what about the space sharks they are soo old i remember the first mini i saw and it was a space shark a very old beaky aswell

jason_sation
19-01-2010, 23:40
For the record I have never played a Space marine army and I probably never will.

I wouldn't mind seeing a White Scars codex though.

Yeah, white Scars would be my second choice. They seem like fluff-wise they might be fun to read a lot about, although I could be wrong.

Bloodriver
19-01-2010, 23:49
RED CORSAIRS !!!!

ARE YOU F###ING SERIOUS???!!!

We already have it!

What we don't have is Codex: Alpha Legion/Death Guard/Night Lords/World Eaters/Iron Warriors/Thousand Sons/Empereor's Children/Word Bearers.

All of which have a far more important place in the 40k universe than f###ing Red Corsairs (or, for that matter, and Imperialist chapter that doesn't already have its own codex).

Scythe
20-01-2010, 06:56

Do the impossible, see the invisible!
Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable!

ahem :p

They should have models with the most epic sunglasses you'd ever see though...

MajorWesJanson
20-01-2010, 07:08
Blood ravens. Psyker based Marine chapter.

the_under_empire_clan
20-01-2010, 16:07
id be fine with salamanders getting their own codex, with some nice stuff in it

Skyros
20-01-2010, 16:32
I think we have enough separate codexes for Sm chapters.

White scars would probably play the 'most differently' from normal SM. You could say 'salamanders' or 'crimson fists' but they seem more like normal SM.

aeoglas
20-01-2010, 17:42
W3 rs n0t n33din maor spesshhhh mehreens. What w3 rs n33din r...

Codex: Exodites.
(excuse the unsophisticated language)

Anyway, the angry marines are the one we need. we need HUMOUR.

zeep
20-01-2010, 17:59
Thunder Cats. That is all.

Gutzmek
20-01-2010, 19:21
Relictors: An army of SM easily duped by a rogue inquisitor into collecting and using daemon weapons in every part of there army. Why are we not playing this army now.
Word Bearers: cultist,daemons, and chaplains. who could ask for anything more?
IornWarriors:whats better than having AdMek units join a SM army? Dark AdMek units joining a Chaos SM army.
Alpha Legion: although this would be awesome, what do they have besides cultist? Maybe give the HQs fantasy Assassin hidden deployment rules.
Blood Ravens: The Captain/Librarian led precogs please, not the Schizo Marines for the DOW games. examples:"Hail the Unknown Primarch, we think this week he's Russ!" "Our captain may have died with his heavy bolter in his hands, but, rest assured, he will continue to fight for the Empra as a Venerable Dreadnought"
Angry Marines: "F@$K You, I Deployed the Finger!" I was thinking of making some using Space Wolves rules:D. Lacks the Whirlwind-that-fires-marines but you can still have twin powerfists and a stogie.
Pretty Marines: I would take Lazy or Reasonable Marines over these.:p
Codex: Xtacles:I'm a fan.:D

Urath
20-01-2010, 21:39
I know that this thread is wishlisting, but there are so many oddball choices like Howling Griffons, Salamanders and the Blood Ravens. I can understand the fascination with these Chapters as they're all fairly individual amongst indoctrinated killing machines, but they surely don't deserve their own Codex over others! Not count the Traitor Legions, or other races altogether (or even bringing that argument up! :p) I'm going to go with the Iron Hands or the Raven Guard.

Lyinar
20-01-2010, 22:28
How about the Emperor's Pointy Sticks?

Or the Fiery Loins? (a loud shout from a whole Space Marine chapter is heard) "THAT'S LIONS!!!"

TitusAndronicus
21-01-2010, 00:18
oddball choices like Howling Griffons,

heretic...

Dranthar
21-01-2010, 01:43

Seconded. I really loved the cursed founding rules when they came out. Something similar to that would be awesome. :D

Havock
21-01-2010, 01:47
Iron Snakes

Solid Snakes.

Gutzmek
21-01-2010, 02:54
Iron Snakes

Solid Snakes.
++++Incoming Transmission+++++++++
Snakes, This is a sneaking mission. You are to infiltrate the fortress planet of OUTER HAVEN. There you are to locate and rescue Megos Madnar and his daughter, Free the captured PDF, and destroy the ultimate weapon, TitanGear!
++++End Transmission+++++++++++++

How about the Liquid Snakes!

BROOOTHER!!!:D

havokas
21-01-2010, 05:41
just a quick question to the Original Poster, why do salamanders need a codex... seriously all they are is marines who like 'Flame based' weapons.

lordmoon
21-01-2010, 05:44
lamentors, so everyone can be sad with another marine book and be fluffy.

Scythe
21-01-2010, 06:44
just a quick question to the Original Poster, why do salamanders need a codex... seriously all they are is marines who like 'Flame based' weapons.

Because they have the most over-used space marine special character of 5th edition, obviously. Ironically, when Salamanders had a variant list, back in 3rd edition in codex: Armageddon, noone played them because the rules were 'crap'. Talk about hypocrisy...

Lusall
21-01-2010, 07:09
Codex Omni-Marines...

ie ALL marines in one book. You get more bits of new background, more paint schemes, more unusual chapter organisations, etc than just doing A.N.other chapter.

Hmm....No.

genestealer_baldric
21-01-2010, 10:10
Codex Omni-Marines...

Hmm... yes

jsullivanlaw
21-01-2010, 17:44
Hello Kitty marines, they are non-codex marines so the only way to represent them would be with their own codex.

Max_Killfactor
21-01-2010, 18:15
World Eaters would get my vote.

Inquisitor_Eljer
21-01-2010, 18:16
Ravenguard - Simple as that.

marv335
21-01-2010, 19:00
I'd like to see the Mentor Legion (as was).

Non-codex marines with experimental weaponry.
How cool could that be?

From Shadows
22-01-2010, 04:36
Another that comes to my mind is "13th Company".

wilsongrahams
22-01-2010, 07:43
Personally I'd prefer a codex for Heresy era Legions, rather than another modern codex. There are enough codices already to build almost any marine army and the troops you take should reflect the army rather than the codex. Extra special characters or unique units could easily be added to the Marine Codex, or even release a seperate book just for special characters for the chapters using the standard codex.

Promethius
22-01-2010, 09:58
Blood Ravens could be quite interesting, but personally I would go for the Exorcists - every single member has experienced daemonic posession. Awesome.

The other marine codex I would love to see is the deathwatch (more for fluff than anything else).