PDA

View Full Version : How would you merge WoC with O & G for a doubles tourny?

Jind_Singh
19-01-2010, 10:30
Just as the title says - thinking about entering my 1st ever doubles tournment and my mate wants to try out his brand new warriors army with my new (and slowly getting) painted goblin horde (with a few orcs).

Its 2000pts
Theres comp scores

He wants to bring

5 Chaos Knights, MoK
5 Chaos Knights, MoK
5 Chaos Knights, MoK

5 warhounds
5 warhounds
10 marauders
10 marauders

Exalted hero, MoK, warhorse, some magic item combo

I was thinking since he's bringing the muscle I should supply sneak gobbo stuff - but I'm stuck!

I think

doomdiver
rock lobba
2 spear chuckas
5 spider riders
5 spider riders
5 wolf riders

is a good start - but i'm really confused as to how to go about building a good support army - anyone got any thoughts?

Baggers
19-01-2010, 10:36
The weakness of the WoC list is that they don't have any shooting outside of the hellcannon and the Maurder horsemen with throwing weapons. However Orc and Goblins suffer from having rubbish shooting.
So I would recomend taking some big infantry blocks becuase you have a lot of small units that shooting can wittle down easily.

Jind_Singh
19-01-2010, 17:25
One of my ideas was

Orc BSB, light armour, Morks spirt totem - 147pts
NG Shaman, staff of sneaky stealing - 100pts

5 Spider Riders, bows, musician - 76pts
5 Wolf Riders, bows, musician - 71pts
5 Wolf Riders, bows, musician - 71pts
25 Night Goblins, FC, spears, netters, (BSB goes here)

Rock Lobba, bully - 75pts
Rock Lobba, bully - 75pts
Spear Chucka, bully - 40pts
Spear Chucka, bully - 40pts
Doom Diver - 80pts

The overall aim is that Chaos provides hitting power, both armies use their fastcav/hounds to screen the Knights, O & G provide medium levels of magic defence (3 for BSB, 2 for shaman, 2 for showing up - 7 die in total, not bad), O & G provide war machine support, the Night Goblins and maraduers protect the warmachines from harm.

Another option is to lose the MoK on a unit of knights, get another unit of 5 warhounds, I take a infantary heavy army

Orc Big Boss, light armour, sheild, boar, Akrit Axe - 115pts
Orc Big Boss, light armour, BSB, Morks Totem

26 Orc Boyz, Shields, FC - 186pts
25 Orc Boyz, Shields, FC - 180pts

ock Lobba - 70pts
Spear Chucka - 35pts
Spear Chucka - 35pts
Doom Diver - 80pts

But much less magic defence (5 die v's 7), 2 less fast cav units, 1 less warmachine, but now got a combat character and 2 solid blocks of boyz - but they are slower, worried the enemy might kill the fast elements, and then later the infantary get it up their bum....

so tough to choose with only a 1000pts!

Condottiere
19-01-2010, 17:45
The above selections don't look bad - you seem to have combined together features of both armies that are mutually supportive. If the enemy kills off your faster element, they won't be killing off your harder ones, he'll probably try to deal with the Chaos Knights before he hits the infantry.

Malorian
19-01-2010, 19:24
I like your second list better.

Ksarn
19-01-2010, 21:18
only 2 special per army allowed in the tourney noob.

selone
19-01-2010, 21:36
However Orc and Goblins suffer from having rubbish shooting..

Of all the criticisms of On'G's rubbish shooting (spear chukkas, 35 points, doom divers and rock lobbas) is not one of the stronger claims.

I'd bring as much war machines as the tournament lets you, orc boyz, fast cav and a shaman if I was you :)

Baggers
19-01-2010, 22:39
Of all the criticisms of On'G's rubbish shooting (spear chukkas, 35 points, doom divers and rock lobbas) is not one of the stronger claims.

Its true that they are not as random as they were.

Jind_Singh
20-01-2010, 18:27
Oh boo!
Only 2 specials and 1 rare, max 2 heros per 1000pts

Im going to have to re-think as it means 1 less knights and special slot for the O & G

shredshredxx
20-01-2010, 22:27
if the tourney rules allow it, see if you can get him to give you some of his special choices in exchange for some unit slot of yours, so you guys can have more spear chukkas.

Condottiere
21-01-2010, 07:01
If I were organizing it, I wouldn't allow the swapping of slots, though I might be more flexible regarding points.

Jind_Singh
23-01-2010, 07:10
Ive gone for Khorne deamons with his Khorne warriors - we want to dedicate the skulls to the skull god!