PDA

View Full Version : Arkurian imperial guard

tezza21
19-01-2010, 21:47
Does any of you guy's have any info on the arkurian regiments as i would like to use my cadians as arkurians but i am stumped for colour shcemes and army make ups

Bunnahabhain
19-01-2010, 23:06
Never heard of them. What book are they in?

In general though, for guard, most worlds will send out so many units that you can reasonably do any colour scheme you like.

For instance, even valhalla (home of the valhallan ice warriors) will have some mountains that stick up out of the ice, so can reasonably have some units in dark coats. Catachan may have some islands where the plants have red leaves, so they have red uniforms.
For more generic guard, you can do any camo you like. Even if their home world may be one colour mainly, they can be issued with another more appropriate to their warzone, if they're lucky...

AndrewGPaul
19-01-2010, 23:32
In general, if there's only one throwaway line in a Codex or rulebook, that's all you'll get. Plenty of stuff is mentioned once then forgotten. :)

<q>
In general though, for guard, most worlds will send out so many units that you can reasonably do any colour scheme you like.

For instance, even Valhalla (home of the Valhallan ice warriors) will have some mountains that stick up out of the ice, so can reasonably have some units in dark coats. Catachan may have some islands where the plants have red leaves, so they have red uniforms.</q>

Or just use them as Guardsmen from somewhere else. :) "Valhallans" in grey coats are from an industrial world, possibly one with e colder climate. Catachans in red are from Luther McIntyre IV.

tezza21
19-01-2010, 23:38
cool thnx guy's the arkurian bit was a arkurian pattern storm sword but it seems it is death corp of krieg item i would love to do death corps but they are costly why don't gw pull there socks up and releace new valhallens and plastic death corps and tallen

Col. Tartleton
19-01-2010, 23:53
Arkuria is a forge world that makes baneblade tanks, so:

I'd expect either cutting edge tech look (cadians with the FW bells and whistles) such as
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/cadvets.htm http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/cadresp.htm http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/cadsqd.htm

Or great coats (green stuff the cadian "skirt" down to their boots and add a collar poking out over their armor) and grim soviet manufacturing style. Grey coats, black leather, (think death Korps schemes) and unpainted dark gray metal (like a sten gun) lasguns and armor. This will look awesome IMO if done well.

The moderner look should be desert stormed out with US desert colors. Why? Desert tanks have that clean new age feel that I like.

I'd probably have a limited infantry contingent (1-2 small platoons) mechanized in chimeras and a stormlord with some more infantry. (The plastic baneblade variants are generally in the Arkurian style) with most of the army points being tanks.

Gutlord Grom
19-01-2010, 23:54
cool thnx guy's the arkurian bit was a arkurian pattern storm sword but it seems it is death corp of krieg item i would love to do death corps but they are costly why don't gw pull there socks up and releace new valhallens and plastic death corps and tallen

1.It's expensive.
2. It still would take years of development to release a fully remade line of models, especially enough to remake entire sub-armies.
3. Plastic Death Korp would kill Forge World, or at the least kick their profits in the family jewels.
4. Investment might not be recouped quickly to make it worth the time.

Griffindale
19-01-2010, 23:58
It really is too bad we can't have plastics of all the different regiments. I would love some mordians or praetoreans. (sp?)

MajorWesJanson
20-01-2010, 01:33
1.It's expensive.
2. It still would take years of development to release a fully remade line of models, especially enough to remake entire sub-armies.
3. Plastic Death Korp would kill Forge World, or at the least kick their profits in the family jewels.
4. Investment might not be recouped quickly to make it worth the time.

Plastic Guard Regiments really only require 3 sets of frames:
Infantry squad
HW Team crew
Command Squad
End result is 3-4 boxes and maybe a battleforce. The rest of the guard stuff is interchangable between regiments.

Spacker
20-01-2010, 13:59

That's only if you assume that the DK line is the a major current money maker at FW. The range has out been out a very long time, and there have been no new models for the range for quite some time. Assuming the normal skewed left bell curve for product sales from release over time, and sufficient time passed to be down the tail of the curve, a loss of sales of DK should have little effect on FW now.

Of course, if GW made plastic DK in different fixed poses to the FW models, then they might actually stimulate FW DK sales - the FW models being used to flesh out the units with more variety, and also selling to those gamers who don't know about the FW DK yet but pick up a box in a GW store because they look good, search online, and get instantly hooked.

I have about 130 FW DK infantry models already (plus tanks, artillery, etc), and I'm not looking to buy any more FW ones for the forseeable future, but I'd pick up a plastic set or two (or more!) just to beef out my units with more variety, and to play larger games with them (2000pts with vehicles/artillery added is a bit restrictive). It would also mean that instead of hacking up the Gorgon passengers to make artillery crews I could use them in the Gorgon I just picked up cheap off a friend (the passengers have been sat in a box waiting for me to start carving them up, but now I'm tempted to leave them as they are ...).

:)

Gen.Steiner
20-01-2010, 14:12
All regiments have an option when entering a combat zone:

1) Damn the local conditions and wear their ceremonial/dress uniform. See the Mordians and Praetorians for How Not To Survive On The Battlefield 101.

2) Take local conditions into account and requisition terrain-specific uniforms from the Adeptus Munitorium supply unit(s) that are supporting their deployment.

If 2, you may be unlucky and the conditions on the planet have changed drastically since the previous survey 2,500 years ago; resulting in you deploying in temperate camo to a world that is now a desertified dustbowl.

In other words.. whatever colours you want! :p

razormasticator
20-01-2010, 14:14
That's only if you assume that the DK line is the a major current money maker at FW. The range has out been out a very long time, and there have been no new models for the range for quite some time. Assuming the normal skewed left bell curve for product sales from release over time, and sufficient time passed to be down the tail of the curve, a loss of sales of DK should have little effect on FW now.

Of course, if GW made plastic DK in different fixed poses to the FW models, then they might actually stimulate FW DK sales - the FW models being used to flesh out the units with more variety, and also selling to those gamers who don't know about the FW DK yet but pick up a box in a GW store because they look good, search online, and get instantly hooked.

I have about 130 FW DK infantry models already (plus tanks, artillery, etc), and I'm not looking to buy any more FW ones for the forseeable future, but I'd pick up a plastic set or two (or more!) just to beef out my units with more variety, and to play larger games with them (2000pts with vehicles/artillery added is a bit restrictive). It would also mean that instead of hacking up the Gorgon passengers to make artillery crews I could use them in the Gorgon I just picked up cheap off a friend (the passengers have been sat in a box waiting for me to start carving them up, but now I'm tempted to leave them as they are ...).

:)

Agreed, I cannot tell you how many times I have wanted to collect a Tallarn Guard Army because of the forge world models plus I love the look of the Desert Guard.

Gen.Steiner
20-01-2010, 14:16
Agreed, I cannot tell you how many times I have wanted to collect a Tallarn Guard Army because of the forge world models plus I love the look of the Desert Guard.

Get a platoon of 'em. Go on, it won't hurt... :D

razormasticator
20-01-2010, 14:19
Get a platoon of 'em. Go on, it won't hurt... :D

LOL problem is all of the guard I have now, and its a massive army. Maybe not as much as yours.. but massive nonetheless. Its all White because its a winter regiment.

Gen.Steiner
20-01-2010, 14:32
Then branch out! Get a platoon for desert warfare! :p

Or paint your Tallarn in white and call them a local levy in winter camo.

Bunnahabhain
20-01-2010, 14:37
Pale desert robes and head wraps are fine for Tallarn, and will fit just fine in a winter camo army. Deserts tend to be cold at night, so the insulation that is useful at day to keep the heat out, is useful to keep the warmth in.

Background and camo scheme in perfect agreement. Besides, one of the mantras of a true guard commander is 'One more platoon can't hurt', isn't it...

Gen.Steiner
20-01-2010, 14:46
Besides, one of the mantras of a true guard commander is 'One more platoon can't hurt', isn't it...

You mean, "One more Army Group can't hurt" :p