PDA

View Full Version : Centigor Conversions

TownCryer
20-01-2010, 00:20
I was at the GW in Dublin today and talking with a Blue Shirt, saying that they were having a Centigor conversion seminar thing that day so I was wondering how well this would working:

one part Marauder Horse

one part new Gor upper body/head.

Mix in some green stuff and it should work. The idea behind it, as I think on it, is that the marauder horses would work better since they have some armor/saddle to work as 'light armor' and the mauraders come with spears and throwing axes.

Has anyone tried this? Offer any suggestions? Ideas? Tips?

Lord Malorne
20-01-2010, 00:33
I have on dryads and elf steeds (I know, different models) for me the biggest thing to take into consideration was the joint between the dryad and the horse, it need more height, when I did it I also took the thighs and cut the sides of them to make it more compact and then greenstuffed 'fur' over the join.

If you just put the gor torso straight on the horse body, you will find it is not high enough, glue it on its standards legs, cut the legs off where they start to seperate and then cut that down on the sides until it fits on the horse 'neck', add green stuff and you should get the right proportion.

theunwantedbeing
20-01-2010, 00:41
The only good centigor conversions I have seen are using warhounds and gor bodies.
And they looked fantastic.

I've seen marauder horse gor centaurs, they look rubbish.
Seen it with the old marauder horse, and the new ones both look terrible and are blown out of the water by how good the above sugguestion of using hounds not horses.

USE HOUNDS!!!

Lord Malorne
20-01-2010, 00:42
Where did you see those?

theunwantedbeing
20-01-2010, 00:51
Somebody at my store made them.

New warhounds.

Thurizdan
20-01-2010, 02:45
Which Hounds? Really old, old or new?

Arjuna
20-01-2010, 05:27
I have seen a few warhound/gor conversions on Herdstone forum. As a matter of personal taste I do not like them at all. Even if the conversion is skillfully done, for me the proportions just do not work with either gor or ungor torsos.

I am also not fond of plastic ogres converted into minotaurs. I understand that their is an economic reason for these particular combinations and I have seen examples of several that were technically converted and painted with skill but I have not seen any yet that I liked at all.

mrtn
20-01-2010, 12:40
I agree with Arjuna. I usually prefer the centigor conversions that use either marauder horsemen or wood elf horses.

ivrg
20-01-2010, 12:50
I would just buy a packet of maruders and make centaurs of them. Nothing harder than that and very cheap.

Niibl
20-01-2010, 13:42
Mine are orc/boar centaurs with manes and noses and more papua style bull horn penis sheath to act as a spear made from greenstuff.
Maybe i will finish them for the new book.

ivrg
20-01-2010, 13:46
Another idea that would look beastly is to use gor/ungor torsos on goblinspiders.

Beastlord Karankawa
20-01-2010, 14:14
Have some good examples at the Herdstone for ideas:

http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=18262

Urgat
20-01-2010, 14:45
I was afraid the gors torsos would be too thin for the horse bodies, but it doesn't look like it on those pics, some really look cool :)

RGB
20-01-2010, 16:41
I used 6th Ed. Gor torsos with 6th ed. WE horses, and greenstuff. I like them, but the sawing of the Gor torso from its legs was a chore (I have 12 of the buggers).

UberBeast
20-01-2010, 17:27
Mine are orc/boar centaurs with manes and noses and more papua style bull horn penis sheath to act as a spear made from greenstuff.
Maybe i will finish them for the new book.

Really? I'm having a little trouble picturing this as well as figuring out why anyone would do it?