PDA

View Full Version : Gauntīs Ghosts Drawing

Bestiaparda
20-01-2010, 02:26
Hi all!!!

Iīm really amazed with the new cover of the last omnibus of Gauntīs Ghosts (The Lost)!!! The one it has Brostin, Gaunt and Criid on it... Does anybody knows who is the artist that painted it? Anybody knows a link to the cover but without the letters?

The cover can be found in "april future releases".

http://www.blacklibrary.com/releases.php

Thanks a lot!!!

bigcheese76
20-01-2010, 19:40
I do not know who the artist is but I have seen a picture in a very similar style on the front of the Dark Heresy Main Rule book (I think, we have alot of DH books about now). So the artist could be the same person. The las weapon weilding person on the right in the picture looks almost identical to a section of the Dark Heresy artwork.

IcedAnimals
20-01-2010, 20:22
Looks like the same guy who does all the Gaunt's ghosts covers.

EDIT: or at least the other Omnibuses it looks like a different guy did the art for "Blood Pact"

Lord Cook
20-01-2010, 21:05
In other news, James Swallow's Nemesis looks interesting, with an Eversor Assassin on the front. Cool picture.

AndrewGPaul
20-01-2010, 23:49
I do not know who the artist is but I have seen a picture in a very similar style on the front of the Dark Heresy Main Rule book (I think, we have alot of DH books about now). So the artist could be the same person.

That would be Clint Langley (http://www.clintlangley.com/index.htm). Did covers for a load of Black Library books (the Shira Calpurnia, Ciaphas Cain and Inquisition Warseries) and quite a lot of cover art for I-Kore/Urban Mammoth's Metropolis, Urban War and Celtos games.

Artein
20-01-2010, 23:59
Clint Langley. He made art for all three GG omnibuses.

Garvey
21-01-2010, 22:56
There have been some great Black Library books, but I think the best thing about them is the cover art. It has been outstanding across the entire range. My favorite, so far, is the cover of Execution Hour.

Narf
21-01-2010, 23:47
oooo he did 200ad's slain too, though i recognised the artwork!

Corax
22-01-2010, 01:17
In other news, James Swallow's Nemesis looks interesting, with an Eversor Assassin on the front. Cool picture.

IIRC, that's a Culexus assassin, isn't it? :o

IcedAnimals
22-01-2010, 01:21
It is indeed a Culexus assassin. that is of course assuming that the assassin temples are even formed at this point in time.

Corax
22-01-2010, 13:37
It is indeed a Culexus assassin. that is of course assuming that the assassin temples are even formed at this point in time.

The picture in question would seem to suggest that they had. The Emperor certainly had other 'Soulless' ones (Sister of Silence) working in his service by then.