PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Gamers, lend me your ear!

OthrBrthrDarrel
20-01-2010, 04:35
I want to flood GW email and customer service lines and let them know we need NEW NECRON & DARK ELDAR DEXES. Either that or petition online. Who's with me?

TheDarkDuke
20-01-2010, 04:36
Get in line.

Oh, and good luck.

Reflex
20-01-2010, 04:51
Love you enthusiasm... i really do. however, bugging them wont bring the codecies any faster. they are coming, GW know their schedule and they will most likely stick to it if everything goes smoothly.

in reality there is very very little you can do that will make a difference. sorry to pop the bubble.

Johnnyfrej
20-01-2010, 05:07
Just watch out for trap doors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSXNJMP8ir4&feature=related

Born Again
20-01-2010, 05:45
They're already on their way. Harrassing or spamming them in a childish manner is not going to encourage them to do it any quicker. At least their taking their time in getting them right.

MajorWesJanson
20-01-2010, 06:30
Maybe we can get them to tell me where the panels I was about to glue to my Immolator just disappeared to... Stupid things just vanished.

To the original post, starting from scratch, a codex takes about 14-20 months to put together, design the models, and figure out the rules for. If they start right now, it will be about a year and a half before you would see results.

On the other hand, if they keep doing what they are doing working on Dark Eldar, we will likely see them this time next year. Necrons probably 6-9 months later, with Inquisition, Tau, and maybe CSM mixed in there.

Ozeor
20-01-2010, 06:44
I think we need a new nid dex before that

MajorWesJanson
20-01-2010, 06:46
I think we need a new nid dex before that

Some Nid players are starting to sound like DA players...:rolleyes:

The Ginger Ninja
20-01-2010, 07:31
The amount of times people claim they are going to flood GW for a new codex, if people actually followed though with it, i think GW would of long since invested in a spam filter:)
Also made me lol is the fact that 4 times out of ten, people say they are going to spam GW for new crons, 5 times out of ten, DE, and 1 time out of 10 one of the other armys :p

Thud
20-01-2010, 11:10
Some Nid players are starting to sound like DA players...:rolleyes:

Starting? They've been going full-tilt mental for months.

Funny thing is, on all of the other sites I visit as well as my local club, all the 'Nid players are really excited about the new codex.

sigur
20-01-2010, 11:43
It takes about 85% of all players of an army on Warseer to like a new codex but only one kind-of wordy post in a rumors thread to absolutely ravage a codex' reputation which then triggers some kind of snow ball effect.

@The Ginger Ninja: Do you actually say "lol" even actually laugh loudly when you claim to do? If not, you're a big old liar and lying definately is not one of the things that made out Interweb the greatest Interweb on god's own green world. :p

Barbarossa
20-01-2010, 12:02
On the other hand, if they keep doing what they are doing working on Dark Eldar, we will likely see them this time next year. Necrons probably 6-9 months later, with Inquisition, Tau, and maybe CSM mixed in there.

It'll be more like Space Marines, Blood Angels, Space Marines, Dark Eldar, Space Marines, Necrons, Space Marines, Dark Angels, Space Marines, Inquisition, Space Marines, Black Templars, Space Marines, Tau, Space Marines, CSM, Space Marines. :D

Except that Dark Eldar and Necrons get shoved to the end of the line somewhere along the way. :cries:

Cheeslord
20-01-2010, 12:10
I strongly suspect GW delete without reading any emails with headers that suggest they contain:

Requests for codices
Requests for rules clarifications or FAQ
Suggestions for new codices
Suggestions for new races
Suggestions for new units
Suggestions for rules improvements
Complaints about game balance issues

The fact that the customer services email starts with "Orders@" really suggests that it's for shop-style enquiries. I don't think there is any valid contact channel for gaming issues.

And in response to MajorWesJanson;- it might take 14 months to design and produce miniatures and write the fluff and artwork for a codex (plus arranging printing, distribution etc.). Given the rules ambiguities in the Nid codex however I can't believe they spent more than a few weeks on the actual rules.

Mark.

Corrode
20-01-2010, 12:46
There is a channel for this kind of thing - a posted letter (NOT an e-mail) to Jervis will usually get read, and often even replied to. The reply might not necessarily be much more than an abbreviated Standard Bearer, but enough letters might at least let them know how people feel.

Cheeslord, they spent plenty of time on the rules - unfortunately GW neither employs nor believes in technical writers looking at the wording of things, hence the ambiguities. Neither is their copy-editing particularly strong - even the new Marine codex at 144 pages is not very long when you consider how much of it is army list, pictures, large-spaced type etc. yet they have repeatedly shown themselves to be unable to do even a basic level of proofreading (the Lizardmen book had both Slann magwe-priests and a mountain chain referred to as being on the 'eastern' side of Lustria when the map clearly shows the thing to be in the west). Quite frankly if I were going to make any single change at GW it would be to fire the lot of them, because the level of their work is consistently sub-standard for a professional organisation charging 15 a time for a glossy picture book.

LonelyPath
20-01-2010, 13:26
Harrassing a company never works, neither do online petitions for that matter.

sigur
20-01-2010, 15:57
Writing a polite letter is the best (and probably only) way to get you heard.

Garvey
20-01-2010, 16:17
I have been playing Dark Eldar since I started this hobby back in 1999. They are still my only army. So I can safely say that no one wants to see their army updated more than a Dark Eldar player.

However, the best way to be heard by GW is with the sound of a cash register. E-mails, letters, and internet whine has no effect on the bottom line of the company. Sales figures do. That is why, for the first time in several years, I have started adding more models to my army.

If more Dark Eldar or Necron players want GW to support their army more, just start buying more and you will be heard.

the1stpip
20-01-2010, 17:02
I am sure GW are fully aware of the clamour for new codexes, but they can only do so much at once.

Codex Dark Eldar would have been out ages ago where it not for the need for a whole new set of miniatures.

lanrak
20-01-2010, 17:19
Hi ,
And there is the rub.GW plc DO NOT need to wait for new minatures to update army rules.
They choose to wait for new minatures before updating a codex /army book, simply to aid direct marketing.

It makes more sense to bundle all the asthetic releases together, and all the functional releases together.

While functional requirments run secondary to asthetic sheduling , expect the uneven patchy support to contunue.

Chaplain Ark
20-01-2010, 17:42
you know, if you think about it, new codex's cant be easy to come up with. For one, as it has been with every army, they have to come up with new models for the army, test what to give them, points cost, wargear, etc... then they have to come up with some fluff for the model, that relates them to the other models already in the codex. then they have to add some other changes, like new guns, point cost differences, other wargear options, etc... for the existing units. then they have to test the codex in battle. i would think im safe in assuming at least 100 battles just to be thorough testers and make sure they find out everything wrong with the codex, wether it be overpowered, point heavy, to weak, pointless, etc... (which brings me to another point. if anyone knows a models usefulness, its GW. If its in the codex, its there for a reason) then if they have to fix said problems and do the process all over again. and unless these people are machines, there is no way they can do more then one game a day, i can barley even do one game a day. Not including the new fluff peices they add, new codex layout, printing, etc...

so give the guys a break. they probably work really hard at this, playing 40k and all. it really takes it out of you. :p

but really, i can only imagine all the work they put into these things. so dont go complaining to the website, and dont play one battle and start complaining. i cant imagine the guys who make the codex for you guys appreciate people coming onto here and saying "my new model got shot up immediatly, it sucks, boo hoo" they put more games into the new codex then some of us will play in 5 years. give these guys some leniency.

the new codex's will come. you just gotta give them some time.

rant over.

Baracus
07-02-2010, 04:20
Hasnt GW been out of debt for awhile now? so that should mean that they should have a production increase right:confused:

Arbiter7
07-02-2010, 07:52
It takes about 85% of all players of an army on Warseer to like a new codex but only one kind-of wordy post in a rumors thread to absolutely ravage a codex' reputation which then triggers some kind of snow ball effect.
HAhaA! I want to sig this!

Chucklemoney
07-02-2010, 08:22
I have been playing Dark Eldar since I started this hobby back in 1999. They are still my only army. So I can safely say that no one wants to see their army updated more than a Dark Eldar player.

However, the best way to be heard by GW is with the sound of a cash register. E-mails, letters, and internet whine has no effect on the bottom line of the company. Sales figures do. That is why, for the first time in several years, I have started adding more models to my army.

If more Dark Eldar or Necron players want GW to support their army more, just start buying more and you will be heard.

I am in the same situation and agree with you. I do think you will be in a very small minority of people still buying DE mini's though. I have no intention of adding to my already quite large DE army (other than mini's from other manufacturers), and I think anyone who had even a passing interest in DE have bought all the mini's they want over the last 10 years.

Of course if they brought out new ones.....

I hate catch-22's. :(