PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 40k refrain...

Motley
20-01-2010, 06:02
OK this thread is simple ...

Here is one os my favorites

The diference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time. .....The Primarch Lorgar.

Vaktathi
20-01-2010, 06:15
Though the guards may rest and the ships may lie at anchor, the big guns never tire.

bigcheese76
20-01-2010, 19:36
Infantry win firefights, tanks win battles, artillery wins wars.

Max Jet
20-01-2010, 20:15
Even a man who does not possess anything can still give his life.

Mordagos
20-01-2010, 20:22
In the embrace of father Nurgle I am no longer afraid, for with his pestilential favor I have become that which I once feared, Death.

Lord Cook
20-01-2010, 21:45
"Belladon blood is like wine on the Emperor's lips! Belladon souls have a special place at his side! Stand firm and fire, my friends, stand firm and fire! If they're going to have our precious blood, then they'll find the cost is dearer than they can afford! Fury of Belladon! Fury! Fury!"

~Commissar Genadey Novobazky, Belladon Eight-First regiment, A Company, during their last stand at Hill 56, Ancreon Sextus, 776.M41

And yes, this is a refrain. He's following a script.

vampires are cool!
20-01-2010, 21:56
Kill! Maim! Burn!Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn!

Shadow Nugz
20-01-2010, 21:59
"Do not reject out of hand the mercenary. Consider that each one of these scum is worth three to you: one more on your side, one less on your foe's side, and one more worker in your ordnance smithies." -Magnate-General Constantine Beaumont, 231st Viscount of the Argentium IV General Staff

BladeWalker
20-01-2010, 22:03
"Do not waste your tears, I was not born to watch the world grow dim. Life is not measured in years, but by the deeds of men."

It's in the original Rogue Trader book. It's going on my tombstone. :skull: :D

Gutlord Grom
20-01-2010, 22:06
"Kill for the living! Kill for the dead!"-War-cry of the Luna Wolves

Crovax20
20-01-2010, 22:16
Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy than a warbike and flies through the air like a bird?
I got no bleedin' idea, but i'm gonna find out.

-Kog the Flymek, pioneer of the Dethkopta

Garvey
20-01-2010, 22:29
Not sure if the wording is correct, my source is not handy at the moment. It is from the 3rd edition rulebook.

"An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unguarded!"

bossfearless
20-01-2010, 22:32
Knowledge is power. Hide it well.

GeneralDisaster
20-01-2010, 22:35
All from RT:

Exitus Acta Probat.
The Deed justifies the Means.

Each life is a spark in the darkness, gone in an instant, a retinal afterburn faded by newer, stronger lights.

Irondog
20-01-2010, 22:36
Victory may not rest with the big guns, but if we rest in front of them, we shall be lost.

EmperorEternalXIX
20-01-2010, 23:19
"There is no such thing as innocence; only degrees of guilt."

Joewrightgm
20-01-2010, 23:30
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

AlmightyNocturnus
20-01-2010, 23:34
Follow me if I advance. Kill me if I retreat. Avenge me if I die.

Almighty Nocturnus

Motley
20-01-2010, 23:53
I don't remember this one pretty well but was in one of the books of the 2nd edition

Only the craziest have the strength to survive ...only whom survives said who is crazy..... .............anonymous :evilgrin:

AndrewGPaul
21-01-2010, 00:15
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. is the actual line. First seen in Rogue Trader, and I'm pretty sure it's been in every 40K rulebook since.

I like

Through the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.

I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear.

and

Contact with alien races always renews ones faith in humanity. It's my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully.

Victory may not rest with the big guns, but if we rest in front of them, we shall be lost.

Commander Argentius - Adeptus Astartes Silver Skulls.

catbarf
21-01-2010, 00:17
'A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty!'

Felwether
21-01-2010, 00:22

What he said.

It's in my sig and all. :)

d6juggernaut
21-01-2010, 01:27
"Their number is legion, their name is Death"
After reading this I had no choice but to join the red harvest

Lord Malorne
21-01-2010, 01:32
Innocence proves nothing.

Gearhead
21-01-2010, 01:48
Not sure of the original source, but it's in my 3rd ed paperback.

"In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way."

Joewrightgm
21-01-2010, 03:30
Another good one: "There is no such thing as innocence; only degrees of guilt"

Master Jeridian
21-01-2010, 03:33
A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn.

The 'only the insane prosper' one is my favourite though.

The God of Decay
21-01-2010, 04:16
Across dozens of worlds as the banners of traitors are held high and the galaxy burns, a single shout of defiance echoes across the Imperium: "Death to the false Emperor!"

Heres another one,

I murdered thousands for the Emperor and he gave me nothing except his damning silence. Now his lapdogs yap for every life I take, while the gods promise me the galaxy.

Here's a good one

"Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! Slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!"

That's all for now, also i like

"Pray they don't take you alive...."

lordmoon
21-01-2010, 04:34
A single man with faith can triumph over a legion of the faithless. Untold billions of the faithful can never be opposed.

I tread the path of righteousness. though it be paved with broken glass. I walk it barefoot; though it cross rivers of fire, I will pass over them; though it wanders wide, the light of the Emperor guides my step

Balragore
21-01-2010, 04:44
"Righteousness is your shield, faith your armor, and hatred your weapon."

SlightlyEstranged
21-01-2010, 04:45
We are born for a darker purpose than that of mere existence. There will come a time when stygian night never ends, where dead stars will spread before us like islands that slumber on the ocean, and when the beings that hid like shadows will feed on us forever

TheMav80
21-01-2010, 04:56
'Chaos claims the unwary or the incomplete. A true man may flinch away its embrace, if he is stalwart, and he girds his soul with the armour of contempt." - Gideon Ravenor

druchii
21-01-2010, 05:49
"Your honor is your life, let none dispute it."

"Never forget. Never forgive."

"All is not well...."

d

Kymar
21-01-2010, 05:52
"Waaaaaaaagh!"

Couldn't help myself

Balragore
21-01-2010, 05:54
"Waaaaaaaagh!"

Couldn't help myself

You're missing an r in there :p

Vote Kantor
21-01-2010, 06:03
walk softly
and carry a big gun

Wolfblade670
21-01-2010, 06:57
My armour is contempt.

I'll say this, for a tabletop wargame, 40k has some frackin' amazing quotes.

xalfej
21-01-2010, 07:21
The dead must join our ranks, lest we be forced to join theirs.

Ask not the eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know.

He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will.

Blood Runs, Anger Rises, Death Wakes, War Calls!

~xalfej

SlightlyEstranged
21-01-2010, 08:12
Death stands above me, whispering low
I know not what in my ear

Of his strange language all I know

There is only pain and fear.

Eldrad
21-01-2010, 08:19
"I can snap every bone in your body with a mere thought, what is the power of technology compared to that?"

I also like, "The galaxy is a big place and whatever happens you will not be missed"

AndrewGPaul
21-01-2010, 08:20
[deleted by the =][=nquisition]

tu33y
21-01-2010, 08:34
sly marbo "iv seen orks organise a 'waaagh!' just to get a uniform direction to run away from him"

"in the future there is only war."

or dare i say it...

"you have been told of the Emporer..... everything you have been told is a lie!"

The Ginger Ninja
21-01-2010, 09:02
"Their number is legion, their name is Death"
After reading this I had no choice but to join the red harvest
Been there sigged that :chrome:

There is no time for peace.
No respite.
No forgiveness.
There is only WAR.

Tonberry
21-01-2010, 09:18
sly marbo "iv seen orks organise a 'waaagh!' just to get a uniform direction to run away from him"

That's Mkoll :p

Crovax20
21-01-2010, 10:16
We is gonna stomp da universe flat and kill anyfink that fights back. We're da Orks, and we was made ta fight and win.

- Ghazghkull Thraka

Cluveru
21-01-2010, 10:47
"You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. You are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

Inquisitor Czevak.

Kriegschmidt
21-01-2010, 11:06
My personal favourite, from various editions of the rulebook:

Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

:evilgrin:

dangermouse425
21-01-2010, 11:27
What's the one that says "give me lots of guardsmen and I'll do some cool stuff, give me 3 Space Marines and I'll conquer the universe"?*

*somewhat paraphrased...

AndrewGPaul
21-01-2010, 11:34
Is it, perhaps,

Give me a hundred Space Marines. Or failing that give me a thousand other troops
?

And one that hasn't been seen for a while:

We're so loud you wanna die. Go forth and amplify. Here come the Noise Marines.

dangermouse425
21-01-2010, 11:42
There we go. I don't like that one, but it sums up Space Marine arrogance rather well!

Galatan
21-01-2010, 11:44
Don't remember where it's from, but it's still awesome:

'in times of madness look to the madman for reason, in times darkness look to the blind man for guidance.'

And before someone else says it: 'Madness?......' :P

Kriegschmidt
21-01-2010, 12:33
Don't remember where it's from, but it's still awesome:

'in times of madness look to the madman for reason, in times darkness look to the blind man for guidance.'

Already been posted.

To all: please check if yours has already been posted, otherwise this thread will get dull very quickly, cheers! ;)

Vaktathi
21-01-2010, 12:38
I like the first part of this quote a lot

"We fight the long war, not through vain notions of duty or honour, but through a far purer purpose: hatred. At the height of out glory we were betrayed and cast out by our own kin. Guilliman, Dorn, Sanguinius - these are names that I curse. Horus, Peturabo, Angron - these are names I revere, names I would follow to the very end. It is hatred that has sustained me through the long millenia. I tend it with bitterness. I nurture it with the deaths of my former brothers. For I know that when the end is upon us and Horus is returned, then the False Emperor shall be cast down from his sepulchral Golden Throne, and we shall take our rightful place at the side of Horus, the true Emperor of Mankind"- Ferrous Ironclaw - Warsmith of the Iron Warriors Second Grand Company.

tankadams
21-01-2010, 13:20
Cast out the mutant, the traitor, the heretic.

Koryphaus
21-01-2010, 13:32
Imperator! Primogenitor! To your glory, and the glory of him on earth!

There is no time for peace. No respite. No forgiveness. There is only WAR.

Do not ask me to approach the battle meekly, to creep through the shadows, or to quietly slip upon my foes in the dark. I am Rogal Dorn. Imperial Fist, Space Marine, Emperor's Champion. Let my enemies cower at my advance and tremble at the sight of me.

There is no arguing with the barrel of a gun.

Brucopeloso
21-01-2010, 13:56
The best and often repeated refrain: DE are being released this year! ;)

Ok seriously: interficere est orare, to kill is to pray!

Promethius
21-01-2010, 14:02
"Into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell"

Arvendragon
21-01-2010, 14:07
"What I cannot crush with words I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard."
Lord Solar Macharius

"Blood for the Blood God!"
Khorne Cultist?

"SPACE MARINES!"
Space Marine Sergeant (DoW)

"War is my master, death is my mistress."
Maugan Ra

AndrewGPaul
21-01-2010, 15:44
"Blood for the Blood God!"
Khorne Cultist?

"Harriers for the cup!" - Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!

Lord Malorne
21-01-2010, 15:45
Bloody loved that when I read it :D.

adam-352
21-01-2010, 18:35
"With great power comes great responsibility"

wait...

El Ravager
21-01-2010, 18:44
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Also,

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

doraztheloon
21-01-2010, 18:58
Some great quotes that brought back some memories -

How about

" The day will not save them, and we own the night ' - Warmaster Horus - Adeptus Titanicus rulebook

" Here I stand and here I shall die " Leman Russ - 1ST ED rulebook

and my favourite

Though silver in the palm weighs light
compared to death by blast and sword
never shy the hopeless fight
for endeavour is its own reward - 1st ED rulebook

Razaan
21-01-2010, 19:24
From an early 1st or 2nd edition book (maybe the yellow Battle Manual):

Life is a prison, death shall be my release.

And from DoW:
I FEAR NOTHING FOR I AM FEAR INCARNATE!

----
I actually like the second one enough, I have a new sig! lol

Lord Malorne
21-01-2010, 19:29
'Your honour is your life, let none dispute it'

Codex Armageddon.

Koryphaus
21-01-2010, 19:30
When cities burn and armies turn,
And flee in disarray.
Cowards cry 'tis best to fly,
And fight another day!
But warriors know it in their marrow,
When they die, and fall.
'Tis better to have fought, and lost.
Than to not have fought at all.

sycopat
21-01-2010, 19:35
"This is our galaxy. Ours to corrupt. Ours to enslave. The gods will not be denied their prize. "

My favourite quote is probably the already mentioned introduction from the rule books, particularly the ending "Whatever happens, you will not be missed"

All the little "thought for the day:" lines were great too.

Lord Malorne
21-01-2010, 19:37
Thousand Sons 'battle cry' IA.

All is dust

Tau-Lover
21-01-2010, 19:52
"We've run into scorpions the size of battle tanks. Three men died from Eyerot last week and I've sweated enough to fill a lake. Emperor help me, I love this place - it's just like home!"

-Captain Rock commenting on Varestus Prime.

death__lord
21-01-2010, 20:01
"Where once was one, now there is two.
Where once was pink, now there is blue."

"Strike fast and suddenly. Attack without warning. Secure victory before the foe is aware of the danger.
Remember always, a war is easily won if you're enemy does not know that he is fighting."
-Lord Solar Macharius

Lord Malorne
21-01-2010, 20:07
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

(3rd ed rule book IIRC)

The God of Decay
21-01-2010, 20:15
Join the Dark Sid... wait a second.

"Though the artifices of evil are many, a bolter round kills just as assuredly." --Inquisitor Skorn.

"Most horrid of all, I cannot forget. Nightmares and waking visions plague me, the drip of my own blood, the cries of anguish haunt me.
No-one escapes the Dark City."
--The Annals of Terror, penned by Lasko Pyre. posthumously pronounced Heretic [died by own hand. 647.M34]

Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls. These are some of my favourite things. -- Drachon Borkor

"The Devils that Stalk Men want us to know. They want us to fear them. And they will come, and they will kill us. But they don't just kill you..."

Decius
21-01-2010, 20:32
I can't remember exactly...
"When beset by deadly danger,
surrounded all sides by doubt,
run around in circles,
wave your arms and shout."
- Parody of the Litany of Command.

Love the Cain books.

LKHERO
21-01-2010, 21:03
"Redeem them with sword and fire!"

"Brothers! Strike for the Chapter and the Inquisition!"

Tycho 333
21-01-2010, 21:19
"into the fires battle unto the anvil of war"

The Highlander
21-01-2010, 21:20
“May the Emperor show mercy on the fool that stands against me, for I shall not!”

“Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind.”

Ertle
21-01-2010, 22:20
"Some may question your right to kill a billion souls. Those who understand know there is no reason you should let them live." Exterminatus Extremis in the 4th ed rulebook.

vladsimpaler
21-01-2010, 22:48
"But the universe is a big place, and whatever happens, you will not be missed..."

Arvendragon
21-01-2010, 23:55
"In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war..."

And @ Razaan, you pretty much stole my pic. =(
I have higher post count. :D

Ah well, doesn't matter.

StormWulfen
22-01-2010, 00:43
If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy. -Fabius Bile

TheMav80
22-01-2010, 00:47
"Do not ask how you may give your life for the Emperor. Ask instead how you may give your death." - Warmaster Slaydo on his deathbead

"What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? No to all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all!" - Macharius, Lord Solar

"Target and deny! By our deaths they shall know us!" - General Coron Grizmund of the Narmenian Armour Company

All taken from Necropolis, by Dan Abnett. I've been rereading it the past two days. Still my favorite Black Library book ever.

primarch16
22-01-2010, 04:08
''STAND AND DIE LIKE GAURDSMEN!'' - Random Commisar?

rjderouin
22-01-2010, 04:25
No man who enters my court is innocent as a truly innocent man is guilty of wasting my time.

tankadams
22-01-2010, 14:22
Whatcha gonna do when hulkam... hang on...

They are my space marines and they shall know no fear!

drmarco
22-01-2010, 14:39
'For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad...'

G.K. Chesterton, apparently (if you believe the old compendium!) talking presciently about the Eldar harlequins... :D

Marco

Setesh
22-01-2010, 15:08
'Suffer not the beardy, the cheesy, the heretic'

ok srsly:

'Even in death I still serve.'

Kriegschmidt
22-01-2010, 15:35
"Show us what passes for fury among your ill-begotten kind" - from DoW2, I think it's Tarkus*...

*(wasn't he an otter....? :D)

ago syb
22-01-2010, 15:38
Long-time lurker, first post :D

My favorite is Asdrubael Vect's: Death is my meat, terror my wine.

Fell
22-01-2010, 15:44
Official! The graves of warriors who have given their lives for the Emperor now outnumber the stars themselves!

Luisjoey
22-01-2010, 15:46
Innocence proves nothing.

My favorite also! very true refrain

Quinch
22-01-2010, 15:59
"Each man is a but spark in the darkness"

Cities of Death, bottom of page 59. Seriously

Balragore
22-01-2010, 16:10
"It is far better to face the bullets that to be killed at home by a bomb"

Recruitment poster pgs68-69 Battle for Armageddon book.

Draxonicar
22-01-2010, 21:56
'Invictus Aut Mortis!" (Victory or death in latin)- Battle cry of the Raven Guard

Motto of the Vindicare Temple-Exitus Acta Probat:The Outcome Justifies The Deed.

Training Dogma, Vindicare Temple:
Three things matter in marksmanship -location, location, location.

Callidus temple proverb: Treachery is its own reward.

Kroot Carnivore saying (DoW1): You're strong. It will be good to have that strength.

Gimp
22-01-2010, 23:11
He was an avalanche from an unexpected quarter. He was a thunderbolt from a clear sky.

— Commissar Yarrick on Ghazghkull Thraka +++

tankadams
23-01-2010, 02:13
"The fallen shall be forever remembered as the Emperor's finest" - DoW1 Apothecary

Just found this one in the guard codex. Made me laugh.
"Da Sergeant major asked me what my job was an' I said it was to, uh, do what I was told. He said I was a genius and gave me another medal. I likes da Imperial Guard!" - Nork Deddog

ChaplainOrion
23-01-2010, 06:05
The enemy of my enemy dies next

StefDa
23-01-2010, 12:00
"It is better to die for the Emperor than live for yourself."

DoW Terminators.

Also, I completely concur with the guy who want that line on his tombstone!

Biomass Denial
23-01-2010, 12:12
"There is no such thing as a plea of inocence in my court for such a plea is guilty of wasting my time, GUILTY!"

"Shields! Raise the shields now, before that thing comes ba..."

"The time for using the knife to remove this cancer is long gone, bring forth the torch."

Inquisitor Steinmann
23-01-2010, 12:20
"Men of Tanith, do you want to live forever!" - Colonel-Commissar Gaunt

Bunnahabhain
23-01-2010, 12:39
"Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Sure I've seen Shelley misquoted in various ways in assorted books round here..

"The Emperor Protects".... as your flak armour is unlikely to do so.

ard boy stu
23-01-2010, 13:35
hope is the first step down the road of disappointment

grotburna
24-01-2010, 00:50
well...no refrains per se, but:

"Any Tyranid force must have at least half it's number made up by Zoats" (RT)
"the only good 'ooman is a dead 'ooman. An'da only fing better than a dead 'ooman'z a dyin' 'ooman who tells yet where ter find 'is mates." - Morglum Necksnapper
"I give men dreams and men are led by their dreams" - Macharius
"to ensure success what is needed is supreme confidence and total ignorance" - Holinar San

tacoo
24-01-2010, 02:41
Some thing from some non official GW stuff, but from Lastie.

Perturabo: “Doesn't concern me? Look here dear; I'm the *********** Primarch Perturabo – Lord of Cheese, He With A Big Beard, Iron Master of Turn 1 Mega-Death! One of the twenty ... er ... twenty one Primarchs! When in my galaxy anything concerns me!”

Sylvanas: “What? Prove it!”

Perturabo: Holds out Primarch identity card. “Proof enough?”
---
EMPEROR OF MANKIND!: Sits back, looks at the paperwork he's done, looks at the paperwork still to do, sighs, then obliterates the 'To Do' pile with the righteous fire of a man who can't be bothered, and has the psychic mega-death powers to address this. “Inform the Administratum that they once again Fail at everything, then have them all crucified for being useless”
---
Ferrus: Looking as innocent as possible. Well it was only a small (deleted by the Warseer Inquisition) with again, (deleted by the Warseer Inquisition) and more (deletions)with (deleting, deleting) ... up her (hi, this is the Warseer Inquisition. Take a wild stab in the dark at what we've done here) ... in (now that's wrong and oh dear Gods ... in my mind!!! and is that actually physically possible?!?) coated in (oh that's just taking the p*ss ...) with (when does this end?!? and oh Gods it just goes on and on ... )and some Marmite ... and a dog ...

Silence doesn't begin to describe the following scene. Even reality is stunned; atoms themselves stop emitting energy and stare at Ferrus in shock.

Ferrus: What?!?

Dorn: I'm sorry I asked ... I really am ... I think I need to make another successor chapter just to prove how sorry I am ...

Vulkan: Oh you will b*tch. They shall fight continuously day and night for our forgiveness, and when a thousand millennia has passed they shall grovel before us and we shall say 'NO! ANOTHER THOUSAND MILLENNIA! OUR MINDS ARE STILL RECOVERING!'. The Sons of Dorn Should Not Have Asked That D*mn Question shall be their name, and they will exist only to commit enough genocide to make us forget what Ferrus just described ...
the most PRIMARCHS story can now be found on http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5483979/1/PRIMARCHS_by_Lastie
------
as for my favorite GW one
-Orkses never loose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin, so it don't count. If we runs for it we dont die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go. See!-commonly held Ork vview of warfare

Arvendragon
24-01-2010, 14:19
MY LIFE FOR AIUR!

Sorry, had to say it

SeriousCat
24-01-2010, 14:33
My favourite quote has to be from the Dark Eldar Codex. Dark Eldar are such a misunderstood race. They are actually quite cuddly.

Eyes without life,
maggot-ridden corpses,
mountains of skulls,
These are some of my favourite things.

--Dracon "Cuddly" Borker :angel:

SeriousCat
24-01-2010, 14:34
MY LIFE FOR AIUR!

Sorry, had to say it

Need more vespine gas!

BladeWalker
24-01-2010, 15:33
"Each man is a but spark in the darkness"

Cities of Death, bottom of page 59. Seriously

I kind of feel like a but spark today... must have been too much ale last night... :D:p

Best typo ever.

Gdolkin
24-01-2010, 16:27
"The Inquisition and Administratum say we are weak because some of us have given in to the black rage- they are fools! The black rage makes us strong, because we must resist its temptations every day of our lives or be forever damned!" -Argastes.

Ghost-13
24-01-2010, 18:33
"A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy. Never forget never forgive." pg. 5 Dark Angels codex.

WodenMHC
25-01-2010, 07:19
Unless I missed it, I'm surprised this one hasn't made it up here - and definitely one of my favorites.

And They Shall Know No Fear.

HK-47
25-01-2010, 07:32
"Attack!" is the only order worth remembering. Kharn the Betrayer.

demifiend
25-01-2010, 10:23
There are so many, but...

A man without faith can no longer be true, and a mind without purpose will walk in dark places.

Born Again
25-01-2010, 11:59
Though my guards may rest and ships may lie at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire.

Even a man who does not possess anything can still give his life.

In the embrace of father Nurgle I am no longer afraid, for with his pestilential favor I have become that which I once feared, Death.

Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy than a warbike and flies through the air like a bird?
I got no bleedin' idea, but i'm gonna find out.

-Kog the Flymek, pioneer of the Dethkopta

Knowledge is power. Hide it well.

"Your honor is your life, let none dispute it."

My armour is contempt.

I also like, "The galaxy is a big place and whatever happens you will not be missed"

"Harriers for the cup!" - Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

When cities burn and armies turn,
And flee in disarray.
Cowards cry 'tis best to fly,
And fight another day!
But warriors know it in their marrow,
When they die, and fall.
'Tis better to have fought, and lost.
Than to not have fought at all.

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

"Some may question your right to kill a billion souls. Those who understand know there is no reason you should let them live." Exterminatus Extremis in the 4th ed rulebook.

All the ones I like that people beat me to.

"Give me but a thousand men who are crazy enough to want to conquer Hell, and we will conquer Hell!" - Not sure who this was now, some IG commander.

The full "They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear" thing from the 5th Edition book, by the Big E himself.

"Another day nearer the battle
So drink up lads and look brave
'Cause another day nearer the battle
Is another day nearer the grave" - Warriors song of the Imperial Guard.

"There is a terrible darkness descending on the galaxy, and we shall not see it ended in our lifetimes" - Inquisitor Czevak.

"For every battle honour, a thousand heroes die alone, unsung and unremembered" -Proverb.

"Any Tyranid force must have at least half it's number made up by Zoats"

Ha, this one got a good laugh.

azimaith
25-01-2010, 12:06
"Tank Commander! Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"

Lordsaradain
25-01-2010, 12:46
"Tank Commander! Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"

I believe this quote can be attributed to /tg/ at 4chan, right?

Gdolkin
25-01-2010, 14:46
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought. As all men must thank progenitors obscured by the past, so we must endure the present so that those who follow may continue the endeavour." The Chime of Eons, Garba Mojaro Tecnhnomagos of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

DaSpaceAsians
25-01-2010, 14:54
I give men dreams and men are led by their dreams.
-Lord Commander Solar Macharius

Hodmeister
25-01-2010, 17:55
WAAAAAAAGH!-Billions of of orks everywhere.

Ryan814
25-01-2010, 19:19
"Death to the false Emperor!", surprised that never made it up yet

Born Again
26-01-2010, 07:54
One I just remembered from the BFG rulebook... again, can't remember who it was attributed to, but I believe it was the first standing order of a newly appointed Admiral.

"Every man shall be required to work his fingers to the bone to accomplish the task in hand. And if that proves insufficient, he shall work them to the marrow!"

Calamitous
26-01-2010, 08:32
"The old light of religion has been replaced with the new light of science. Why then do we not seem to see as far?"

It's from one of the Horus Heresy books, but I'm not sure which one.

Tourniquet
26-01-2010, 14:50
I don't remember it exactly, but i read it earlier in a second edition Wargear Rulebook

something like

"Those who don't know, question my right to kill three billion people. Those who who do know, understand that it must be done"

Johnnyfrej
26-01-2010, 16:56
"We need a new driver! This one is DEAD!"
-Khorne Berzerkers from DoW

"I salute you! For though our path has been long and bloody, you have served our Lord with unflinching courage and the honour of true warriors. We have seen many fall today and must remember, even as we die, that our blood too is welcome... "
-Renegade Harkan Ironfist

"The strong are strongest alone."
-Huron

"Those who don't know, question my right to kill three billion people. Those who who do know, understand that it must be done"

Are you thinking of this quote from +In Exterminatus Extremis+
"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live!"

unheilig
26-01-2010, 17:45
"he was like an avalanche from an unexpected quarter- a thunderbolt from a cloudless sky"
- from the old ork codex, re: ghahzkull

"a small mind is easily filled with faith"
either RT or the first compendium... i believe it referenced ogryns

AndrewGPaul
26-01-2010, 23:59
I know this thread is getting long, people, but you're repeating yourselves now.

MasterDecoy
27-01-2010, 00:36
A few may have already been posted, but (All the one liners from DoW1 and DoW2)

To the last man, and the last round.

Faith is the blade of war.

Only in death does duty end.

Annoint them in their own blood.

After a thousand battles, one only see's death.

No retreat, no surrender.

Glory to the first to die.

I fear no evil, for I am fear incarnate.

A plea of innocences is guilty of wasting my time.

One or a thousand, I will kill them all.

Faith and duty.

Courange and honor.

Follow me, and I promise you glory.

So it is as proclaimed and decree'd by holy writ.

Knowladge is power, Hide it well.

Beware the alien, the mutant, the hertic.

I can change the course of battle.

We strike with the wrath of the rightous.

By my blade, they shall know the emprorers name.

We act as one, lest we perish alone.

Redemption through sword and fire.

Faith is purest when it is unquestioning.

Death and fate have taken the stage.

For the Emporer.

Stole most of them from here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gGG4fpGB_w)

Born Again
27-01-2010, 02:20
"The strong are strongest alone."
-Huron

Of course, how did I forget that one!

The Laughing God
27-01-2010, 02:27
I like most of the ork and chaos sound clips from the dawn of war games.

Whyz I walking?

Emperador Carlos
27-01-2010, 02:43
'Well, that was unexpected...' - Varan the Undefeatable (upon being defeated)

'Metal Boxes!!!" - Dawn of War: Soulstorm

'You counsel well, inquisitor, for a...' -Last words of Mandragore, to Eisenhorn, who had distracted him away from his Sword with some aphorisms...

'Men of Tanith? Do you want to live forever? Then follow me!' - Ibram Gaunt

'That was for Tanith. For Muril. For Bragg. But mostly, it was for me.' - Mad Larkin, upon (finally) killing Lijah Cuu

azimaith
27-01-2010, 03:25
I believe this quote can be attributed to /tg/ at 4chan, right?

I was it in a demotivational poster, not sure.

druchii lord narakh
27-01-2010, 04:21
You have been told of the inquisition
that shadowy organisation which defends mankind and the emperor from the perils of heresy, possession, alien dominance, and rebellion

You have been told
the inquisition are the ultimate defense against the phantoms of fear and terror which lurk in the darkness between the stars.

You have been told
the inquisition are the bright saviors in an eclipse of evil: purest and most devoted warriors of the emperor

you have been told
the inquisition is united in its cause to rid the galaxy of any threat, from without or within.

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD IS A LIE!

and
EYES WITHOUT LIFE,
MAGGOT-RIDDEN CORPSES,
MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS,
these are a few of my favorite things. -Drachon Borkor

We are the warriors of the grey knights, armored in faith, shielded by devotion, and armed with purity of purpose. But greater even than these, we carry the light of the divine Emperor of mankind into the dark places to purge the daemonic wherever it may be found. -Brother Captain Stern

Daemon hunters would fight chaos because:
They're Chaos.... what more reason do they need?

Tourniquet
27-01-2010, 08:45
Are you thinking of this quote from +In Exterminatus Extremis+
"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live!"

I am, but i read it in the second edition book :)

Sildani
27-01-2010, 15:23
There was one that ran "Bring shot and bring shell and heap all upon the fire (or pyre)." There's more, but I cannot remember it.

My favorite of all:

"I have heard tales of sorcerors that can forecast your doom, warriors whose screams freeze the blood, machines that fight with the grace of a dancer, and fiery daemons that cannot die. None of these concerned me. None posed any threat to a man with the might of the Imperial Guard at his command.

None save their aircraft. When fighting the Eldar, watch the skies..." - Col. Ishmail Mott

A new one: "This is not war, it is a culling; the eradication of an animal grown too numerous and troublesome to tolerate..." - Autarch Miricalla Nightchild, of the Altansar

Two from Hellebore:
"It is a vibrant tapestry, war. When the art flows true, a masterpiece forms; a masterpiece painted in blood." - Autarch Hyraleliol

A bit much from the pointy-eared. From the Greenskins:
"Da oomies don't know what real fightin' iz. Dey don't even know 'ow ta pron... prunow... er... say it right. It's WAAAGH! not war. And dat's why dey lose." - Evil Sun Zu

TheMav80
27-01-2010, 15:33
MY LIFE FOR AIUR!

Sorry, had to say it

"Vengeance for Zuljin!"

mightymconeshot
27-01-2010, 16:31
"I am an artist, for the God-emperor's sake!A soft protected artist froma secure world where death happened behind close doors or drawn curtains. For all I tried to make my work contain such eternal cincepts as Truth and Grace, Nobility and Humanitiy, they were empty gestures. My work was empty. I despised everything I had ever done, all the artistic triumphs I had been so pleased with. They were nothing, barren, vapid. Devoid of any real human truth.
Real truth was out there in the shattered outhabs of Vervunhive. Real truth was waiting and silence,courage and steakth. Real truth was the ability to function in extremes. To fire a cannon and miss and try again. to fix a straight silver blade to the end of a las-weapon and leap from safety into a shroud of smoke, prepared as you do so to really use that makeshift spear.
Real truth was as real as a tiny hole in a man's forehead."
Jeshua Thoru

In my opinion a chainsaw trumps a crowbar everytime.
Caiphus Cain

The God-Emperor with MPD
"WE ARE CURIOUS, WE HAVE FOLLOWED YOUR INTRUSION INTO OUR SANCTUARY,OUR ANTRUM AND ADYTUM. THEN WE WIL STRIP YOUR SOUL BARE. RELAX MORTAL MAN OR YOU YOU WILL SURELY DIE IN SUCH PAIN AS WE WILL ALWAYS ENDURE. WE PUT BACK WHAT WE TOOK AND TASTED INQUISITOR. WE ARE MANY INQUISITOR. HOW ELSE COULD WE ADMINISTER OUR IMPERIUM- AS WELL AS WINNOW THE WARP- HOW ELSE? The Emperor's mind-voice, had dissociated into several voices, as if his great undying soul co-existed in fragment that barely hung together."

Alex Knight
27-01-2010, 16:57
An old favorite of mine, forgive me if I'm a little off as I don't have the quote right in front of me:

"We Orkses nevva' lose. If we wins, we wins. If we dies, we dies an' so it doesn't count as a loss. If we runs away we can comes back for anuvva' go! WAAAAGH!"

I think I remember it from the 2nd Ed Ork Codex.

Lupe
27-01-2010, 18:20
"Kill a thousand men and they will hate you. Kill a million men and they will queue to face you. But kill a single man and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men and they will scream and wail in the night, and they shall feel not hatred, but fear" - Konrad Curze, from Lord of the Night

"Spehss Mahreens" - Comander Boreale, Dawn of Awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E

Johnnyfrej
28-01-2010, 04:24
"Spehss Mahreens" - Comander Boreale, Dawn of Awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495685

A video based on Boreale's epic speech of failure. :evilgrin:
I almost @#$t myself laughing the first time I saw it :D

For the Emprah!

Messiahnide
28-01-2010, 05:55
An old favorite of mine, forgive me if I'm a little off as I don't have the quote right in front of me:

"We Orkses nevva' lose. If we wins, we wins. If we dies, we dies an' so it doesn't count as a loss. If we runs away we can comes back for anuvva' go! WAAAAGH!"

I think I remember it from the 2nd Ed Ork Codex.

beat me to it, gotta love ork taktiks :D

ThePrecious
28-01-2010, 06:47
the emperor's speech on space marines in the 4th edition rule book

They shall be my fines warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war forge them. THey will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall i clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by pllague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines such that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

The entire quote is just so epic it had to be posted.

Born Again
29-01-2010, 03:29
"Your presence does not surprise me assassin. I have known of you ever since your craft entered the Eastern Fringes. Why did I not have you killed? Because your mission and the act you are about to commit proves the truth of all I have ever said or done. Death is nothing compared to vindication" -Primarch Night Haunter, moments before his death at the hands of Callidus Assassin M'Shen.

"The Dark Gods and their slaves have nothing to offer me now, but I have far more to offer them" -Fabius Bile

And another favourite of mine:

Once there was a black and white space marine on a black and white bike... :p