PDA

View Full Version : New try at 2250 pts HE

Seal Cub
20-01-2010, 12:10
Hello again fellow Warseerers! I've re-worked my 2k list and is looking for some feedback!

Characters:

Archmage
-Lvl 4
-Silver Wand
-Ring of Fury
-Power Stone

Mage
-Lvl 2
-Seerstaff
-Dispel Scroll

Noble
-BSB
-Armour of Caledor
-Guardian Phoenix
-Great Weapon

Core:

Spearmen
-Standard
-Sentinel

Archers

Special:

Swordmasters
-Blade Lord: Talisman of Loec
-Standad Bearer
-Musician

White Lions
-Standard
-Standard of Sorcery
-Musician

Dragon Princes

Dragon Princes

Rare:

Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle

Comes in @ 2250/2250 with:
8 PD+Sorcery+Power stone+1 bound
5 DD+Scroll

What do you all think?

Seal Cub
20-01-2010, 14:36
forgot to write out a ton of stuff, updated to the latest version!

The SkaerKrow
20-01-2010, 14:51
Looks like a solid list to me. You're vulnerable to shooting, but I suppose that can be countered through use of magic and your own Bolt Throwers.

TheHaunted
20-01-2010, 18:22
Maybe its just me, but I think the best unit in the army are the spearmen. You can usually go six wide and get three ranks. Eighteen spear attacks for a cheap unit. So you may want more of those but its just my opinion. I'm a big beleiver in core units.

D'Haran
20-01-2010, 21:36
looks like a solid list, i really like the lion chariots, but your DP serve the same purpose. Very balanced, but personally I'd start taking it apart with the sword masters so keep in mind most enemies will likely do the same.

Seal Cub
20-01-2010, 22:14
Thanks for your replies!

@The SkaerKrow: My main thought was to have my archmage use high magic for offence, and have my mage pick out the rain lord and the howler wind spells to protect me from shooting.

@TheHaunted: Yes, I also like the spears! Too bad that almost no HE list uses them nowdays. I also is a strong core believer, my firts though was to bring a 20 strong archer unit but I decded to buff up the WL's instead.

@D'Haran: My gaming group plays almost only with very balanced lists so I actually tried to make this list balanced, good to hear that you think it is! I'm really not a big fan of Lion Chariots, almost as expensive ans 5 DP's but so much more vulnerable, also a chariot puts out 6+D6 S5 hits on the charge while the DP's do a solid 10 S5 so I like them better. Also, the models are beautiful!

D'Haran
21-01-2010, 16:19
If you can afford DP's they're a very good choice, the Lion Chariot's advantage isn't that it will do more damage than DP's but that it costs less than a decked out unit, gets a free pivot, and causes fear, yes it's more squishy but welcome to HE's. Though either unit will draw alot of attention, I guess I like them partly because often I play against other HE's or a DE list with a death star and impact hits are among those I can rely upon.

The SkaerKrow
21-01-2010, 18:02
Something that should not be overlooked is the fact that Dragon Princes are much faster than Lion Chariots. Chariots are excellent infantry support units, but in mobile/cavalry oriented armies, they're almost out of place. In your list, your Dragon Princes fulfill both the role of hammers, and of outriders. Chariots could not provide you support in the latter of the two roles.

ithilmar
22-01-2010, 04:53
Something that should not be overlooked is the fact that Dragon Princes are much faster than Lion Chariots. Chariots are excellent infantry support units, but in mobile/cavalry oriented armies, they're almost out of place. In your list, your Dragon Princes fulfill both the role of hammers, and of outriders. Chariots could not provide you support in the latter of the two roles.

I know chariots cant march but otherwise they are the same speed as dragon princes so i don't think they are really much slower.