PDA

View Full Version : HE magic item rules check

wamphyri101
20-01-2010, 21:39
Ok, started to use 2 items I don't usually use and wanted to check the ruling/game play on them.

1: the Ellyrion Banner. 15pt magic banner that lets you move through difficult terrain as normal. Does this include woods/forrests/Marsh?

2: Amulet of Fire. 20pt magic item that gives the user magic res (1) and Immune to fire. If given to a unit champion does the unit get the fire immunity?

Cheers

D

KayazyAssassin
20-01-2010, 21:46
1. yea this is how it works

2. the unit will get to share the mr but not the flame immunity

enyoss
20-01-2010, 21:47
(1) If the wood/forest/marsh have been agreed as difficult or very difficult terrain at the start of the game, then yes.

(2) No.

Pacorko
20-01-2010, 22:13
All's been said, and quite correct and explicitly dissected.

Yellow Commissar
22-01-2010, 01:48
(1) If the wood/forest/marsh have been agreed as difficult or very difficult terrain at the start of the game, then yes.

Banner allows the unit to treat difficult as open. Says nothing about very difficult. According to BRB difficult and very difficult are two different things.

enyoss
22-01-2010, 02:29
Banner allows the unit to treat difficult as open. Says nothing about very difficult. According to BRB difficult and very difficult are two different things.

I agree. I thought the banner stipulated that the unit treats difficult and very difficult terrain as open ground though. It looks like I was mistaken though :).

Yellow Commissar
22-01-2010, 17:59
I agree. I thought the banner stipulated that the unit treats difficult and very difficult terrain as open ground though. It looks like I was mistaken though :).

Yeah, I missed it at first too. I'm just glad I looked it up before I tried to move my Dragon Princes through a very difficult swamp.

Condottiere
22-01-2010, 20:34
I assume that means very difficult terrain becomes just difficult.

enyoss
22-01-2010, 20:39
I assume that means very difficult terrain becomes just difficult.

I wouldn't think so, as there's no rules for upgrading or downgrading one terrain type to another unless directly specified e.g. unit blah treats all of X terrain as type Y terrain.

Seeing as units rarely move through terrain at all unless they ignore the penalties, there's probably very little stopping your opponent from demanding that every piece of terrain is very difficult rather than difficult terrain when facing HE. That way only the unit carrying this banner gets screwed, as things like White Lions and skirmishers are unaffected.