PDA

View Full Version : Ward save of wild riders?

Chain
21-01-2010, 02:53
I was wondering what there ward save is against normal attacks.

Is it 5+ for being forest spirits or does the warpaint get it down to 4+?

and so against magical attacks just the 6+ ward save

There AS I assume is 5+

And while i'm at it does Unicorn or Great Eagles add any bonus to there riders save?

thanks in advance

Nurgling Chieftain
21-01-2010, 03:02
Ward saves do not stack like armor saves. So, the Wild Riders have a 5+ ward save against mundane attacks (as a forest spirit) and a 6+ ward save against magical attacks (from their tattoos). You're correct that their armor save is 5+; the mount bonus does stack with their light armor, unlike ward saves!

Unicorns and Great Eagles are monstrous mounts and take wounds separately from their rider instead of boosting their rider's armor save. (Note that a unicorn's rider is also a forest spirit and so does have the 5+ ward save against mundane attacks, and that the unicorn's magic resistance extends to its rider and indeed its entire unit, if applicable.)

Chain
21-01-2010, 03:08
thanks

So was as expected. It makes me wonder if a Spellsinger in a unit of Treekin is worth trying First i thought of the option of a few Treekin with"ASF" then I saw the models on foot only :P

Still a MS2 on them would be nice, but question is wouldn't points be better spend elsewhere...

A main problem is my usual opponent tend to field as many units of Chaos Knights as possible...

Nurgling Chieftain
21-01-2010, 04:34
Chaos Knights are bad news for a lot of armies. I don't think Treekin will stand up to them very well - maybe if you can get off Ariel's Blessing on them. You might instead try a bunch of glade riders to march block, get in their way, feigned flee, and generally mess with them.