PDA

View Full Version : Question about TG and Slann with Eternity Warden

Krom The Eternal
21-01-2010, 05:35
My question is this Is the 20 Temple Guard a Slann and Chakax The Eternity Warden Unit Worth It? I love the models and Chakax Look Amazing Does anyone Run this Unit and how does it handle?

Ultimate Life Form
21-01-2010, 05:42
I run 20 TG with monster Slann occasionally and I'm very pleased; they're insanely tough. If you want examples, read here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206109
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238020&highlight=ULF%27s+mini+tournament

However I don't use Special Characters and I hear Chakax seems generally way overpriced for what he does, but if you like him take him, the unit can only become tougher.

Nurgling Chieftain
21-01-2010, 05:46
Temple guard with a Slann are a great anvil unit. I'm not convinced that Chakax is really worth adding to it, though; he's more than a Slann w/BSB before upgrades! The unit is already awfully expensive. Making it unbreakable is nice, but's already extremely difficult to break.

Kriptrikk
21-01-2010, 08:25
Ive run this unit in a couple of games, and it looks awesome and really instil'd the fear in my opponents.

Only problem was the unit got so hideously out manouvered it hasnt seen combat in any of my games, ive come to the conclusion that its not worth running till you get to really big point games. This way you can afford the uber-unit and still have points to spend on some more solid flankers to hold units down while chakax and his buddies stroll over!

Kriptrikk

Doomseer
21-01-2010, 13:52
I have had some great moments with the fully tooled BSB Slann/20 TG/Chakax combo but they have all been in 3000+ points games. In games smaller than that it is incredibly easy to avoid and accounts for well over 1000 points. Even in the big games it has been avoided by one opponent ever since a frenzied Mannfred charged out of a Grave Guard unit and proceeded to die upon the starstone mace! When you reel off Chakax's special rules to an opponent for the first time it can be quite amusing:)

Malorian
21-01-2010, 13:58
The only reason that unit is good is because of point denial.

Depending on the game size this could be a BIG chunk of your army and it really comes down to how well your opponent redirects it and deals with the remainder of your army.