PDA

View Full Version : skaven vs bretonnia

Earlandir
04-02-2006, 08:51
whats the best way to deal with knights when playing as skaven in small battles (1000 ponts and less)

skavenguy13
04-02-2006, 12:28
Well, jezzails and a ratling gun might come in handy. I never fought bretonnia myself, but it seems that weapon teams are very good against them. Using your slaves well should help too, that's how I usually deal with knights.

Skaven-win
04-02-2006, 22:47
gun them down while there in combat with slaves or flank them while your slaves tie them up.

try to sucker them into make a failed charge so you can light'em up one last turn before h2h combat

warpfire thrower would be most excellet (if all goes well)
warplock engineers are very good vs anything with armour (i'd take 2)
take one chieftan as a general for Ld

Hard to say in smaller games.

Obeisance
05-02-2006, 07:29
The answer is simple.

Flee and flank, slaves and clanrats. Try to run them off the board.

And blow the crap out of them with Warplightning.

shadowprince
05-02-2006, 08:06
Jezzails bout ten of em. Then about two unit of slaves to get in combat to hold the k ights up long enough tot shot into them with ratlng guns.

Obeisance
05-02-2006, 15:46
Wrong.. no Slave will hold against a Knight's charge. Even with ranks and the general's LD you're going to be running.

And then you're doing 50/50 from firing into combat.. and of course the Blessing.

Flee and Flank.
Flanks and Ranks.
It's all about the tricks.

Warp Lightning is the great equalizer.

I housed Brets many times before I quit.

Gratnuk Ironfist
08-02-2006, 04:58
Well for 1000pts, slaves, swarms (if you can spare it), ratling gun and the irreplaceable windglobaiders.

Verminmistress
08-02-2006, 08:31
Seconding the Globadiers here. They're cheap and sufficiently nasty that they can take out a few models a turn if you're lucky- and they ignore armour saves, which is always a bonus against man-things in full armour. :D

Da GoBBo
08-02-2006, 09:58
thirdiing(?) the globadiers, the bane of any knight. Rest has allready been said. Perhaps goin heavy on magic? Skaven used to be very very nasty.

Verminmistress
08-02-2006, 10:38
thirdiing(?) the globadiers, the bane of any knight. Rest has allready been said. Perhaps goin heavy on magic? Skaven used to be very very nasty.
If he's going for smaller games it'll be hard to fit much in the way of magic in, but with that said, a Warlock Engineer with Storm Daemon (and a Warp Scroll, if you can afford it!) can be pretty effective.

Personally I'd say don't take any more Skryre stuff than necessary, though- in small games it can be really overpowered, and frankly not that much fun to play with. Two ratling guns and 5 jezzails at most would be my personal suggestion, together with a small group of globadiers.

skavenguy13
08-02-2006, 14:37
Do NOT take the warpscroll. It allows saves as normal, so it's complety useless. And I don't trust the power of magic in 1000 point games, especially since they will get a 5+ ward and 4+ save. It's not worth the +-100 points IMO.

IMO, a horde with skryre backup is the way to go. Perhaps an assassin with the gouger might do a good job, but never tried it myself. It's pretty much the only situation I'd use an assassin.

As they said, you can flee with your slaves and counter-charge with clanrats. They don't even ned to be flanking. If you really need to do it, you could even make the clanrats flee and let the slaves charge, but that might cost you many points.

Skaven-win
08-02-2006, 15:08
I find giant rats make excellent flanks, they have the speed/numbers/ are pretty cheap.

I haven't had much luck using jezzails, but globadiers are nice. I wouldn't bother with rat swarms cause they're too expensive of a speed bump. maybe try using a small unit of scouts just to march block or even sack in hth to tie him up on one side of the board.

good luck