PDA

View Full Version : Scouts and Shotguns

Delicious Ron
21-01-2010, 20:04
Does any of the scout boxes contain the parts to equip them with shotguns?
If it doesn't where could I get my hands of some? I have a few from the Necromunda range but they probably wouldn't fit them.

Corrode
21-01-2010, 20:08
They come with enough to equip 4 Scouts with shotguns. Considering the complete dearth of anything to arm the Sergeant with besides a chainsword (and the fact that he can take a shotgun too...) it seems a bit bloody silly, but there you go.

Delicious Ron
21-01-2010, 20:25
Okay thanks, at closer inspection they do mention the shotguns in their description on GWs homepage, a slip up on my part.

brightblade
21-01-2010, 20:30
I love shotguns. Problem of not having one for a sergeant was one I avoided by giving him a fist and a pistol. I then modelled one and had it poking out from under his cloak. I have used them in two games in a Storm and they won the game both times. :) I agree it is daft not to have five in the pack.

Shotguns are much underrated IMHO, like all things you just gotta use 'em right. Not so hot against termies but vs ork, grot and tau.....nice!

dariakus
22-01-2010, 00:18
Weird, I somehow had enough shotguns to give them to my entire squad of 5, sergeant included. I remember there being five quite clearly, because I modeled him with a fist on the left hand and holding his shotgun up in the air with just his right hand. Use them in LS Storms sometimes as a "SCOUTS OUT OF NOWHERE" unit for Combat Patrol.

Xyrex
22-01-2010, 02:34
I would suggest CC weapons and pistols instead (give em teleport homers). Or you could get sniper scouts, if you ever need the head of a ctan.

lordmoon
22-01-2010, 02:40
but you can make the cool shotgun sound effects when you fire the unit. cool sound effects trumps everything.

Ambience 327
22-01-2010, 16:16
In the interest of providing complete information - the Scout Biker box also includes a Shotgun, being the one held in a single arm with a sling, as seen here (http://www.thewarstore.com/product43156.html).

brightblade
23-01-2010, 13:06
Hmmmm. Just re checked my sprues (as I have yet to trim them for my bits box) and I certainly do not have that arm. How irritating. :(

Lothlanathorian
23-01-2010, 13:21
but you can make the cool shotgun sound effects when you fire the unit. cool sound effects trumps everything.

This. Superior.

Chem-Dog
23-01-2010, 16:30
Weird, I somehow had enough shotguns to give them to my entire squad of 5, sergeant included. I remember there being five quite clearly, because I modeled him with a fist on the left hand and holding his shotgun up in the air with just his right hand. Use them in LS Storms sometimes as a "SCOUTS OUT OF NOWHERE" unit for Combat Patrol.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I had 5 in the boxes of scouts I had (when they were released) too.

YES, yes you can :D

Earthbeard
23-01-2010, 16:35
Nah, the Standard box of scouts only comes with 4 shotguns and 4 bolters, both use the same connecting arm as well, which is annoying. I've purchased many, many boxes, I just love shotguns on guard, on marines, in necro frankly on anything, and I've only ever got 4, the sprue hasn't changed since release either.

The New Scout bike and Storm are also could for variant shotguns etc, including ones in sheaths/holsters etc.

tartarus
23-01-2010, 21:22
They only have four of each weapon so they could fit the heavy bolter on the sprue.

eriochrome
23-01-2010, 21:39
Scout bike has the best shotgun for conversions since it is held nicely in one arm to make a powerfist/shotgun sergeant.

http://twilight40k.blogspot.com/2009/02/scout-sergeant.html