PDA

View Full Version : GW US sold out of Hive Guard.

Damore
21-01-2010, 22:07
I got 3 Hive Guards this past weekend 1 was missing parts, 1 was broken, and was ok. I called GW to get the parts I needed, and they said they were sending me 2 new models this week.

Today, I got an email saying they are back ordered. So, I called to see how long the wait would be, and they told me they are out of Hive Guard and it would be at least the 6 weeks. The US website has this for the Hive Guard: "Availability: This product is expected to dispatch in seven to eight weeks."

This is crazy. I can't believe it will take this long. If anyone has any extra left leg/arm please let me know.

MajorWesJanson
22-01-2010, 01:00
Can the broken and missing parts one be cobbled into a working one?

MystheDevourer
22-01-2010, 01:09
I got 3 Hive Guards this past weekend 1 was missing parts, 1 was broken, and was ok. I called GW to get the parts I needed, and they said they were sending me 2 new models this week.

Today, I got an email saying they are back ordered. So, I called to see how long the wait would be, and they told me they are out of Hive Guard and it would be at least the 6 weeks. The US website has this for the Hive Guard: "Availability: This product is expected to dispatch in seven to eight weeks."

This is crazy. I can't believe it will take this long. If anyone has any extra left leg/arm please let me know.
1. Buy greenstuff
2. Put GS on broken partsM
3. Mold into kick ass position
4. ???
5. Profit

The Base
22-01-2010, 01:10
Kind of sucks.

You just got bad luck.

If you are lucky you might be able to fix the broken parts. As for the missing one maybe you could scavenge an extra bit from other models. If you don't have to return the models think of it as good luck, you get all those extra parts for free.

MystheDevourer
22-01-2010, 01:12
Kind of sucks.

You just got bad luck.

If you are lucky you might be able to fix the broken parts. As for the missing one maybe you could scavenge an extra bit from other models. If you don't have to return the models think of it as good luck, you get all those extra parts for free.

Wait one question

HOW THE HECK DI YOU BREAK THEM!

I have 3 I am looing at and yes the arm and leg set is flimsy and breaks off easy but some GS and some super glue and it looks brand new!

IcedAnimals
22-01-2010, 02:00
I would try to greenstuff what you can while you wait. I mean even if it is an entire arm that is missing you could greenstuff a bloody stump. Use those models for some conversion testing. And if you don't like how they turn out (I love how my conversions look since they are unique to me) you can use the new models once they come.

Absolutionis
22-01-2010, 02:04
Wait one question

I have 3 I am looing at and yes the arm and leg set is flimsy and breaks off easy but some GS and some super glue and it looks brand new!Sometimes, models are outright 'broken' out of the mould. I have a respectably large Eldar army, and I buy boxed sets of metal models occasionally. I have, on more than one occasion, opened a box only to find a model twisted beyond repair at the waist or have broken weapons.

I've even seen blister packs at stores where a Space Marine's arm was "melted" (?) away at the edge into an amputee stump.

Rydmend
22-01-2010, 02:52
Mine were missing parts as well so this is bad news for me as well. 6 weeks is way too long for a replacement, it is like being punished for GWs mistake.

kaimarion
22-01-2010, 02:58
I take it hive guard are quite popular then?
I ordered some from wayland games and they were also sold out as well.

Neffertech
22-01-2010, 03:04
Wait one question

Could have been broken in the mold. In fact larger pieces often are. The larger the piece the longer it takes to cool. Take them out too quickly and they break apart. The break or large crack looks like crumbled cheese.

But when you're the individual caster trying to make a quota, time is money and you might not wait long enough.

MystheDevourer
22-01-2010, 03:41
I take it hive guard are quite popular then?
I ordered some from wayland games and they were also sold out as well.S8 Assault 2? YES PLEASE! 50 points each broods of 3 ORE YES PLEASE!

SPYDER68
22-01-2010, 05:53
Glad i saw this post, went out and got 5 before they sold out :p

Bolter Bait
22-01-2010, 06:06
Sold out of Hive Guard, but I'd be willing to bet that they'll have plenty of Pyrovores for everyone.:rolleyes:

Cognitave
22-01-2010, 06:12
Sold out of Hive Guard, but I'd be willing to bet that they'll have plenty of Pyrovores for everyone.:rolleyes:

Complimentary Pyrovore for each back-ordered Hive Guard. :D

Even then, I still don't think they'd see play.

Balragore
22-01-2010, 06:19
1. E-Bay

2. Directly buying from (as in actually using teh phone to call them up) Games stores.

3. The trade/sell thread/topics forums of this website.

4. Actually try and hone your own modelling skills to fix them yourself?

5. Less crying and more thinking for you.

6. Should you fail #5, the money you would have invested should be used to buy stock in kleenex/kotex?

Daicon
22-01-2010, 06:28
This post made me so much more greatful that I pre-ordered three hive guard, and more so that they showed up free of any mould miscasts.

SPYDER68
22-01-2010, 06:41
I just put together 5 of them partially..

The legs fall apart very easy (where they connect to eachother , the left side legs)

Overall.. very very poor quality models compared to other metals ive put together.

Bolter Bait
22-01-2010, 16:04

The legs fall apart very easy (where they connect to eachother , the left side legs)

Overall.. very very poor quality models compared to other metals ive put together.That's a shame, they seem like a decent looking sculpt. I have seen some decent conversions of regular Warriors into Hive Guard over on Warpshadow though, may be a nice alternative route to go. Plus, being all plastic would mean that they wouldn't be prone to falling over and self-destructing.

TheBigBadWolf
22-01-2010, 16:09
I remember when the SM techmarine came out at the start of 4th ed, it was sold out, I had preordered and still had to wait a few weeks:(

Bassline
22-01-2010, 16:11
My Mawloc came with 2 bodies but no head sprue (i made 2 out of it one with a carni head and a helmet from another box of a mawloc and seconded one its tail is in the air digging back underground so only see body / tail).

GW know of the problem

rich1231
22-01-2010, 16:29
Guys we are not permanently sold out, in the UK we can only order from GW once a week.

We added up all the pre orders and added a lot on top.. for some items we then sold out in the release week. They are back in today. GW US might have to wait for remanufacture or allocation from stock allocated for their stores but they wont be out of stock for long.

Cheeslord
22-01-2010, 16:34
Well, if GW are selling out of Nids after the new codex release, they will regard it as their best codex yet and make more like it.

Mark.

P.S. Worst GW minis I have bought;- Heavy Destroyer with gun barrel bent through 180 degrees. Tzeentch horrors with wrong arms. Killa kans that took 1 hour with a hacksaw to make fit together. Never had a bad all-plastic kit though (well the Monolith didn't fit as intended but it was pretty easy to work around).

Damore
22-01-2010, 17:17
1. E-Bay

2. Directly buying from (as in actually using teh phone to call them up) Games stores.

3. The trade/sell thread/topics forums of this website.

4. Actually try and hone your own modelling skills to fix them yourself?

5. Less crying and more thinking for you.

6. Should you fail #5, the money you would have invested should be used to buy stock in kleenex/kotex?
1. Looking
2. I did buy from a game store, but GW has to replace the models.
3. Working on it
4. I have very good modelling skills, and I will be trying to fix it. I paid for complete models not one broken and one missing parts.
5. This post was to let other people know about the Hive Guard being sold out, and the problems with the model.
6. You really need a better attitude, and your post is completely uncalled for.

Overall.. very very poor quality models compared to other metals ive put together.

The left leg does come apart very easy. My 3rd one did that, but it was very easy to fix. I think they are having mold problems because the GW person I talked to said they have had to replace a lot of models so far.

gorgon
22-01-2010, 17:22
I've had the same left arm-leg component problem as everyone else. But the break really doesn't ruin the arm or leg, and a little filing takes care of the rough edges. I've had far worse. *shrug*

The Custodian
22-01-2010, 17:29
Gah! At least you got stuff! I still havnt gotten my preorder and I made it in December! Last time I get an order sent to GW itself instead of my place...

MystheDevourer
22-01-2010, 18:04
Gah! At least you got stuff! I still havnt gotten my preorder and I made it in December! Last time I get an order sent to GW itself instead of my place...

Likely they just sold your stuff without realizing it

DillonSIX
22-01-2010, 18:46
One of my Hive Guard was missing half of the left leg, looked like it had snapped off before it got packaging, it is a fairly poor connection there.

gorgon
22-01-2010, 19:11

I preordered my codex the first day it became available for preorder, hoping I'd get it a few days early. Hey, shipping on all orders over $15 was free, so what did I have to lose?

Last Wednesday I hadn't received my codex, but there it was (along with the new minis) on the shelf of my local game store. Grr. On Thursday, still no codex from GW, but I received a big batch of new Tyranid stuff (including 6 Hive Guards) I ordered from an online retailer. Grr. Friday, no codex. Grr.

On Saturday my codex arrived. Since it was just a book and nothing else, they took the opportunity to be cheap and sent it USPS media mail (this is a slow, very cheap shipping option for books, for those who don't know). That meant it took 4-5 days from Memphis instead of 2. What's more, it arrived in my mailbox. Since it wasn't marked "DO NOT BEND", the mailman bent it in half and shoved it in with the rest of my mail. I don't really blame the mail guy...it wasn't marked and he probably thought it was a magazine, etc.

Fortunately, I have an oversized mailbox. So it the codex was just shy of being creased, and I was able to bend it pretty much back into shape in a day or two.

And that was my experience preordering direct from the company. Slower than my local game store, slower and more expensive than an online retailer, and in worse shape than I would have received it from either of the above. Yeah.

I know now that I can avoid GW for my GW purchases.

SPYDER68
22-01-2010, 19:21
I orderd dex alone, and it came through USPS, in a brown envelope is all, i orderd it on Sunday pre order, and i got it that friday, in my mailbox un bent etc.

So i wouldnt really blame GW as much.. as your postal office there.

The Custodian
22-01-2010, 19:47
Well 2 hours after my last post I got a phonecall from GW saying they got my stuff...

I already had my dex since Saturday (they were really nice and prioritised preorders first, taking dexws from thier limited stock and giving them to people who had ordered them earlier) but now I got my trygon, venomthrope, and pyrovore ( probably going to be a stand in for a biovore since the actual rules stink)...

gorgon
22-01-2010, 21:18
I orderd dex alone, and it came through USPS, in a brown envelope is all, i orderd it on Sunday pre order, and i got it that friday, in my mailbox un bent etc.

So i wouldnt really blame GW as much.. as your postal office there.

No, a bent envelope isn't the only issue here. I preordered mine in December, and got it after it was on the shelf of local stores for four days mainly because they cheaped out on the shipping. I'm lucky I got it on Saturday, because if it wasn't on the truck that day it would have been Tuesday thanks to the MLK holiday.

It'd be interesting to see if they would have shipped it media mail if I'd paid their normal shipping rate. I'd guess not. Of course, if it was UPS/Priority Mail/whatever they use, it would have been delivered to my door and not crammed in my mailbox.

SPYDER68
22-01-2010, 22:21
Guys we are not permanently sold out, in the UK we can only order from GW once a week.

We added up all the pre orders and added a lot on top.. for some items we then sold out in the release week. They are back in today. GW US might have to wait for remanufacture or allocation from stock allocated for their stores but they wont be out of stock for long.

People better at least hope the quality of the next batch is better..

TheDarkDuke
23-01-2010, 00:27
People better at least hope the quality of the next batch is better..

If they just released a bunch of shabby models quality wise and they are out of stock, i think they may make a worse run of the models trying to rush them out.

shabbadoo
23-01-2010, 01:04
My local GW store had 4 in stock today. Not sure about the other 3 Indy retailers in my area though.