PDA

View Full Version : New Tyranids- overpowered?

Xyrex
22-01-2010, 02:24
So i take a look at the new tyranid dex, and I see a TON of cheesy crap, that really just doesnt make sence to me. Zoanthrope=3+ invul:wtf: no fricken way! Also the S10 Ap1 Lance attack for the zoanthroap. LAND RAIDERS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE KILLED ON A 3+!!!!!!!!!! Warp blast is also a bit too good for nids, i think it should be max ap 4, not 3. Hyptonic gaze is so damned annoying. Lol, Azrael with his 6 attacks not being able to attack cuz of some retarded rule... Not to mention all the kill and regain a wound things. Just imagine: one of those vs a gretchin squad. Their all like what... T2, it's S3 blast, and each time it wounds, the thing regains a wound? Thats BS. The cheapness of most creatures.

AND NOW THE MOTHER OF THEM ALL

Doom of Malan'tai
Cataclysm: The Doom of Malan'tai is a unique creature, a Zoanthrope-like beast that wrought the utter devastation of an Eldar craftworld. It has but one psychic power, which enables it to unleash a large blast attack with a Strength equal to its remaining Wounds characteristic. What's especially nasty is that the Doom of Malan'tai gains an extra Wound for each one it inflicts on the enemy, so the Strength of its attacks quickly rises.

Absolutionis
22-01-2010, 02:33
Zoanthropes have always been able to pierce power armor with a blast weapon.
Plus, you really can't whine about a 3++ save elites unit when there are TH/SS Terminators running all over the place.

Oktober
22-01-2010, 02:34
Overpowered...Now that's funny!

LockeWatts
22-01-2010, 02:35
Are you serious? The Tyranid codex is not overpowered. At all. Lets see what issue you have with them.

Zoanthrope=3+ invul

Yes. Have you read their fluff? Weapons bounce off them as they float there. It makes sense. They're super-psychics, they would defend themselves with psychics, thus an invuln. No less overpowered than TH\SS termi's. Termi's actually get the same save and cost 20 points less.

Also the S10 Ap1 Lance attack for the zoanthroap. LAND RAIDERS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE KILLED ON A 3+!!!!!!!!!!

Okay. First, that many exclamation points just makes you look silly. It requires a psychic test, then to hit on bs3, then 3+ to pen, then 4+ to get a destroyed roll, and then a failed 4+ cover save (which they should have if you're playing well.) It has a 6.94% chance of destroying a raider. Not bad, but not nearly as good as you say. Especially if there's a psychic hood floating around.

Warp blast is also a bit too good for nids, i think it should be max ap 4, not 3.

Uhhmm. I think you just don't like Nids doing well against Marines, honestly. What's the issue? They had it in the last codex, still requires everything above.

Lol, Azrael with his 6 attacks not being able to attack cuz of some retarded rule...

It's not a retarded rule. It's a decent rule. Still has to be b2b with a broodlord that cost 60 points total and pass a 4+ test. (Most likely). Don't send special characters against it, all there is to it.

Not to mention all the kill and regain a wound things.

There's one of these. It's on a model that cost 170 points base. I don't see the issue.

Their all like what... T2, it's S3 blast, and each time it wounds, the thing regains a wound?

It's D3 S3 shots actually, and each time it gives an unsaved wound, meaning you get cover and invulns. Not as scary as you say. Grots are a meager example. Possibly one regained wound, on average.

Doom of Malan'tai
Cataclysm: The Doom of Malan'tai is a unique creature, a Zoanthrope-like beast that wrought the utter devastation of an Eldar craftworld. It has but one psychic power, which enables it to unleash a large blast attack with a Strength equal to its remaining Wounds characteristic. What's especially nasty is that the Doom of Malan'tai gains an extra Wound for each one it inflicts on the enemy, so the Strength of its attacks quickly rises.

Against a mechanized meta, it's not as amazing as you think. Yeah it's nice, but one melta or such will still instant kill it no matter the number of wounds it has. And you fail to mention that it takes D3 wounds when it attacks.

Xyrex
22-01-2010, 02:38
Plus, you really can't whine about a 3++ save elites unit when there are TH/SS Terminators running all over the place.

I like my terminators!:mad:

Besides terminators are T4 with 1 wound. Their MEANT to be elites. I thought nids were originally meant to be a swarm army... Last time I saw a gaunt was... uhmmm.... wait, wait, ALMOST... ALMOST GOT IT... NOAHHH I dont got it...

LockeWatts
22-01-2010, 02:41
And we like our zoey's. So what?

T4 with 1 wound. Zoey's are T4 with 2 wounds. They're meant to be elites too.. I don't see what you're getting at here. Go read your nid fluff again. They're not just "OH GOD LORDS OF GAUNTS" (though they can be), they bring forward strong and heavy hitters to counter threats. Zoey's are psychic beasts.

I once again don't see your issue besides just general whining.

Xyrex
22-01-2010, 02:44
Ok, a termie is a giant dude in armor with 2 force fields around him... a zoanthraop is some psychic monster... Fine, let it have it's 3+, but make it cast it. And besides, out librarians never get 3+ saves, even though their psychic...

A tyrant is 2-3x better than a captain, and is worth almost the same points...
<--- Put him against an ork, its the same...

Absolutionis
22-01-2010, 02:46
Against a mechanized meta, it's not as amazing as you think.Haha...

Well...

That point is quite arguable...

Xyrex
22-01-2010, 02:48
what can the nid pods carry?

LockeWatts
22-01-2010, 02:49
Ok, a termie is a giant dude in armor with 2 force fields around him... a zoanthraop is some psychic monster...Fine, let it have it's 3+, but make it cast it.

Whine much? He's not giant, he's 8 feet tall. A zoey's bigger. It projects through nascant psychic energy more power than the forcefields on a termi. Thus why only SS termi's get the invuln it does.

And besides, out librarians never get 3+ saves, even though their psychic...

Uhh. Librarians aren't nearly the psykers Zoey's are. Zoanthropes are genetically modified super psykers as pure conduits of the hive mind crafted from Eldar DNA. Eldar > Human as is, and then the Tyranid's souped it up. That's why Libby's dont get a 3+ invuln.

Any other complaints? Ah, I see you have them.

A tyrant is 2-3x better than a captain, and is worth almost the same points...

A tyrant is 70 points higher than a base captain. What?

Vhalyar
22-01-2010, 02:50
Ahahah! A Space Marine player whining about the Tyranid codex! That's grand :D

Wait, you're serious about this? :eyebrows:

Xyrex
22-01-2010, 02:50
acid blood, and that thing that reduces I to 1

Darnok
22-01-2010, 02:51
Thread closed. There already is another thread around the new Tyranid codex and it's "issues". There is also another thread on the Doom of Malanthai. Please have a look at existing threads before starting a new one.

Darnok [=I=]
The WarSeer Inquisition