PDA

View Full Version : Bait and Pull (1850pts)

metalz05
22-01-2010, 03:32
ty for the advice guys, but im switching to skaven now

Tolinwiz
22-01-2010, 03:46
1850 is kind of an odd point choice. Typically tournaments are 2k+.

Wood Elves typically can dominate the movement phase, and need to. It's a very tactical army, though it can do well.

Red Metal
22-01-2010, 04:12
A couple things I noticed...

I might rethink the Spellsinger's Deepwood Sphere.

You can probably drop one unit of Glade Guard in exchange for possibly Dryads. You'll have a hard time lining up thirty GG for shooting purposes and they really work well in lines, rather than blocks.

Glade Riders do best in units of five or six with nothing more than a Musician at best. There's no need for a Standard, as they are more designed for annoying the enemy rather than engaging in combat. If you're looking for a hard-hitting Cavalry unit, try Wild Riders with a Banner.

The Treeman is great, but he won't really cursh units on his own, which is why a unit of Dryads can be useful for a flank charge.

Also, the point total is unusual. It might be hard to find recommendations on something that is not common. Good luck.

abcz417
22-01-2010, 09:01
I would second, what Red Metal and Tolinwiz say re: points values. Also if you're just starting up then it may be an idea and get 2 box sets and a treeman. This means useing the dryads (which are probably marginally better point for point) rather than the wardancers. I'd also split your Glade Riders into 2 x 5 w/ mus and 6 wild riders w/ war banner (it's a very easy conversion to make).

This would give you:
Wood Elf Noble @ 158 pts (Alter Kindred; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield; Helm of the Hunt; Hail of Doom Arrow)

Spellsinger @ 150 pts (General; Level 2; Calaingor's Stave)

Spellsinger @ 150 pts (Level 2; The Deepwood Sphere)

10 Glade Guard @ 120 pts
10 Glade Guard @ 120 pts
10 Glade Guard @ 120 pts

5 Glade Riders @ 129 pts (Musician)
5 Glade Riders @ 129 pts (Standard Bearer)

8 Dryads @ 96 pts
8 Dryads @ 96 pts
8 Dryads @ 96 pts

6 Wild Riders @ 199 pts (Musician; Standard Bearer; War Banner)
1 Treeman @ 285 pts

Total 1848

Personally I'm not a bid fan of WE magic or more than 2 Glade Guard, if you're looking to cut points to get to 1500 (a more normal level) then this is what you should concentrate on. Good luck.

cyberspite
22-01-2010, 17:17
Yeah definitely try to get some wildriders in there, speed and manouverability are great but you need to hit hard and fast in combat.

Keep the wardancers if you can up the points to 2000, and as people have said, just drop a unit of glade guard and trim the glade riders to 5, add wildriders and if you have points left you can't go wrong with some dryads

abcz417
23-01-2010, 08:59
Personally I see little point in upgrading your Alter Noble to a Highborn - he's definately not 84 points better. The only reason for taking a Highborn would be to better equip him (Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins and Glamourweave is probably the best combo). Personally I'd drop him back down to a normal noble, along with the eagle (very points effective, but your 2 GR can do just as effective a job), and the talisman of protection and get a unit of 6 Waywatchers (another very easy conversion from the box set) and give one of your GG a musician (not a necessity but can be useful).

The only other thing that you might want to think about is magic defence - dispel scrolls can be very useful (especially as you only have 6 DD and, depending on your gaming group, you may be facing up to 18PD!).