PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Newsletter #120

Darkness
20-05-2005, 18:27
Over from 40kforums...

Just in my inbox is the latest Forge World newsletter with a number of new goodies. So, without further ado...

Imperial Guard Chimera Extra Armour (Spaced): http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/chimarmour.htm

Newly painted Forge World models: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/painted.htm

Limited Edition re-released figures: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/classic.htm

Ogre Rhinox Cavalry rules: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/downloadswarhammer.htm

And finally...

So, What's next...?
Earlier this morning I saw the next few sets of Terminator Shoulder Pads that Simon Egan is working on. He had a set for Imperial/Crimson Fists and another for Raptors sitting on his desk which I think were pretty much finished. He was working on a set of pads and other accessories for Space Wolves Wolf Guard Terminators which looked particularly exciting and I look forward to seeing again. Forge World should have the sets of shoulder pads for the Raptors and Imperial/Crimson Fists ready for release in the next few weeks and the Space Wolves set a little after that with even more sets to follow! Mark Bedford has nearly completed 5 new Tallarn heavy weapon crews, all designed to use the plastic Imperial Guard heavy weapons. Each set will include additional accessories like small piles of sandbags with ammo or equipment laid out. Another nice touch is a special Tallarn pattern lasgun which really suits the style of the Tallarns that Mark has created. We hope to be able to show you these great new models in another newsletter very soon. We do have a final piece of news for you today, Imperial Armour Volume 3 – The Taros Campaign is damned near to being sent off to the printers. Warwick has been writing and re-writing like a madman for I don’t know how long. (When he flew over to Baltimore for Games Day last week he did sit editing it on the way over AND back!) Tony has been Mr Photoshop, scowling at his monitor creating picture after picture for this monster book. Do 320 pages qualify as monster? I think it does. We will be doing a special newsletter on Imperial Armour Volume 3 very soon when we’ll be able to tell you quite a bit more about the book and hopefully show you some of the pages too.

philbrad2
20-05-2005, 18:44
Fist and Wolf termi shoulder pads SHAWEET!!!!!! :D

Not overly impressed with the Chimera armour TBH. Seems it could be easily replicated with plastic card.

:chrome:

boogle
20-05-2005, 18:59
i love the chimera armour, it looks cool and much like all of the other spaced armour i've seen converted out there

rkunisch
20-05-2005, 18:59
Yeah, the armour looks indeed cheap. :(

The Imperial Fortress Walls look painted more impressive than ever. It is a pity that I will never have the spare money to buy one...

Have fun,

Rolf.

t-tauri
20-05-2005, 19:36
YES! Wolf termie parts.

The Chimera skirts look nice in a Panzer IV/ M113 style. I think I'll be having some of those. I'm looking forward to the IA3 book. The last two have been excellent.

Asher
20-05-2005, 20:14
Funny; didn't they say earlier, that they will leave SW termipads and DA termipads for citadel to work on?

t-tauri
20-05-2005, 22:02
Funny; didn't they say earlier, that they will leave SW termipads and DA termipads for citadel to work on?
I think someone realised how many Space Wolf players are going loopy waiting for the new codex.

Flame Boy
20-05-2005, 22:22
I didn't actually realise until I saw the fortress walls painted that the autocannon turrets aren't actually full Hydra batteries, as they only have two guns each... I'm surprised I never noticed that...

Anyway, Forge World are trying so hard to get my money... I'll cave in soon and get me some Crimson Fist Termie/vwhicle detailing and some shiny new 'Dread parts... :D Must be strong....

mattjgilbert
20-05-2005, 23:09
The chimera looks like a tie fighter gone wrong :p

But the fortress walls are awesome - shame about the prohibitive cost :(

Vogon
21-05-2005, 11:34
Is it just me or do the Rhinox cavalry rules not appear to be there yet?

Cheers

Vogon

Brimstone
21-05-2005, 13:23
Is it just me or do the Rhinox cavalry rules not appear to be there yet?

They are up, try here (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/PDF/rhinox.pdf)(PDF file).

Hymirl
21-05-2005, 17:37
Hm, those Rhinoxen riders are insane! But so expensive..

And the Imperial fortress does look good, but still daftly overbudget (I wonder if they've sold one yet?). Not to mention I have a strange feeling that I want to play Firewarrior and run amok in some Imperial facilities.
Hymirl.

Anvils Hammer
21-05-2005, 17:49
the fortress looks amazing painted,

I dont like the chimera spaced armour, they could have done it much better, but i dont think spaced armour really suits the chimera, also, on the first pic, they have removed the engine blocks to make foom for it, which is stupid.

Tastyfish
21-05-2005, 19:16
Bit confused over the Rhinox rules as they seem to be missing a big point about how you upgrade them to Bulls (seeing as those cause terror and the normal ones just fear)..but hey, this is 40K, can't wait for Taros though.

As for the Fortress walls, think those are aimed at clubs and stores rather than individuals though then its still expensive (though only about 15 quid if you have 40 people - or less if you charge but save up over time).

Vogon
22-05-2005, 13:18
Brimstone

Thanks for that very useful. i do agree with tastyfish that the rules are a little confusing but as this is the 40K forum I'll go no further here.

Have fun

Vogon