PDA

View Full Version : 2250 starter list

Foegnasher
23-01-2010, 04:30
This will be my sons trainer army for the empire. i dont plan on buying anything else until he asks for stuff for his birthday in may. it has all his models, less a few characters.

*= Jake's favorite things so far

Jake's Empire Army (2250)
HEROS
General of the Empire, full plate, shield, barded warhorse, doomfire ring* (146)
Captian, BSB, pistol, Armor of meteoric iron (106)
Warrior Priest*, heavy armor, shield, barded warhorse (110)
Battle wizard, lvl 2, dispel scroll, dispell scroll (150)
CORE UNITS
10 crossbowmen, vet, mu (90)
10 handgunners, vet, mu, hochland* (110)
20 swordsmen, full command (145)
25 spearmen, full command (145)
6 knights, full command (178)
24 flagellants (240) [Warrior preist makes them core]
SPECIAL UNITS
5 Pistoliers*, mu, vet, repeater pistol (114)
6 Inner circle knights, Full Command* (196)
Great Cannon (100)
10 Great Swords, mu, vet (118)
RARE UNIT
Steamtank* (300)

12 drops
125 models
4 power + 2 bounds
4 dispel + 2 scrolls

any thoughts, comments, or suggestions are welcome.

enemies of the Empire beware! Jake rides out to smite thee!

KayazyAssassin
23-01-2010, 06:05
a ten man unit of greatswords isn't going to do much you need more to be effective.

LordMoriar
23-01-2010, 11:38
The biggest bonus of an empire general is the fact that a state troop unit can have a magic banner. Use this or run another general. A mounted BSB can go into an infantry regiment. With this in mind, mounting the BSB is a better way of getting that low armor save. At least a 2+. This makes him free to carry a magic banner also. For example the griffon standard, which is excellent in any large infantry block, with warbanner? If you can get that detachment flanking: starting with a 10+ combat resolution isnt to be frowned upon. Seems to me that the warrior priest is running with a unit of knights. Maybe give him a cheap magic weapon? The "Hammer" of might is common :) The core units should have some detachments. If anything, make the crossbowmen into two detachments.

A common empire tactic is the vanilla knights, 5 knights with a musician. Clocks in a 123 points and can happily threaten a flank, charge small units and has plenty of other uses. Really hard to kill with the +1 save. With great leadership too.

Foegnasher
23-01-2010, 13:13
what about useing the flagellants like an anvil and the greatswords as the hammer? tie up something and then hit them in the flank with the great weapon weilding freaks? he just wants to use everything he has. this list isnt about effective, it's about learning the rules and fun.

Quannum
23-01-2010, 16:30
No no no no no no no.....

How on earth do you expect to win the big tournaments with a list like this??????
Get a ArchLector on a Walter, 2 Stanks and load the rest full of handgunners.

....:D. Seriously though, I think this is a great list for your son to start with - got a nice mix of everything in there and the potential to develop him in each phase of the game. Thumbs up.

I also like the fact he's taken a shine already to some of the units. Who wouldn't love a Steam Tank.

Q

LordMoriar
23-01-2010, 16:31
I still hope some of my tips can be helpful to your son. They are based on tips ive picked up mostly from the forum at www.warhammer-empire.com. The definitive Empire site out there. Excellent for inspiration!