PDA

View Full Version : Dispell Scrolls by Butchers.

Bergtorp
04-02-2006, 16:13
Hi. Don't know if this has already been brought up, but I heard that if a Butcher uses a Dispell Scroll all of his spell are terminated. A guy called GW to check this up. Is this true??

Gorbad Ironclaw
04-02-2006, 16:38
Yes. Using a scroll ends any RiP spells the mage have going. Unfortuantly, that also applies to butchers...

Wickerman71
04-02-2006, 18:10
Yes. Using a scroll ends any RiP spells the mage have going. Unfortuantly, that also applies to butchers...

Not so fast

Q. When a Butcher reads a dispel scroll, does it automatically dispel all of the Gut Magic spells he has in play?

A. Yes.

That supports your claim, but this does not

Q. When will the final Ogre Kingdoms Q&As from the Studio be released?

A. Unfortunately, due to circumstances outside of my control, the
final Ogre Kingdoms Q&As have been delayed. I can not predict when
they will be released.

Q. When a Butcher reads a dispel scroll, does it automatically dispel
all of the Gut Magic spells he has in play?

A. No. After further thought and discussion, I have reversed the
ruling originally issued in the "Sneak Peak" FAQ on the GW Warhammer
Forum.

I still play it as it removes all spells, but if you wanted to get technical no where is Gut Magic buffers described as Remain in Play Spells ie the Butcher can still cast while he has buffers in play unlike other wizards. The only thing you can hold as proof is the preview Q&A which the creator has seem to done a flip flop on. The best answer is to discuss it with your opponents & come up with an amicable solution.

Avian
06-02-2006, 10:28
My research has discovered that the original perp is a mod on the GW board named Kevin and then the writer of the FAQ probably just assumed that said perp was right when he applied a rule for Remains in play spells to spells that are not labeled as Remains in play.

So the original FAQ was wrong.

Wickerman71
06-02-2006, 22:47
Makes sense to me it can be a very painful book keeping task tracking which Butcher has which spells in play & only gets worse in bigger games. Next game I won't feel guilty about using the reversed ruling.

Gorbad Ironclaw
07-02-2006, 08:39
Actually, technically, the original Q&A was right,that is how the rules work.
It's just that Phill have come to his sense and decided it shouldn't work that way.

Would have been nice if they had actually thought about how it worked in relation to the rules before they printed it, and dealt with it in the book(*mumbles something about damsels and MR...*). Instead of hiding it somewhere. Where is that quote from? I couldn't seem to find it when I looked.

Wickerman71
07-02-2006, 23:06
Direwolf discussion group here (http://www.geocities.com/mi_whplayers/faqs/ogres_faq.txt)