5 furries 60

5 furries 60

10 flesh hounds 350

10 flesh hounds 350

10 flesh hounds 350

Let me know what you think.

titos334
24-01-2010, 05:41
You definitely have too many hounds.... I'd drop at least 15 of them and get A unit or 2 of Bloodcrushers. Get a herald on a juggernaught and another herald on foot. Break up the hounds into units of 5.

shredshredxx
24-01-2010, 09:16
you get points for going monokhorne, but i don't think i can forgive you for including cat-ear obsessed anime fans in your list.

especially not 2 units of 5.

Jind_Singh
24-01-2010, 09:20
I tried running a unit of 10 fleshounds - big fat waste of points.
Units of 5 is best - stick with 3 units and save the 525 pts! Use the points to add to heralds of khorne, mounted on juggers, and drop them into 2 core units - which need full command and icon of endless war in them (units of 11 is fine as with the herald it ranks 5 wide, 3 deep)
One of the heralds should take BSB option, standard of sundering - the only magic defence you have to call your own.
I love pure khorne! Painting 5 fleshounds, 1 herald, and 10 bloodletters even as we speak!

Bunny Lord
25-01-2010, 14:48
I don't see why the large units of flesh hounds are bad. Extremely hard to kill, and they can actually make use of their fear against infantry units. Bbut, then again heralds of khorne would be very nice. I'll have to see what I like better.

titos334
25-01-2010, 18:40
I don't see why the large units of flesh hounds are bad. Extremely hard to kill, and they can actually make use of their fear against infantry units. Bbut, then again heralds of khorne would be very nice. I'll have to see what I like better.

They are effective without the ranks. If you are worried about losing numbers just have units of 6. 15 flesh hound models in an army is quite worrisome to an opponent. They can win combat with the smaller numbers and it saves you points. Heralds are extremely useful. Having the Standard of Sundering and all khorne makes you pretty well defended agaisnt magic. The Heralds also will make your Bloodletter units beasts in combat as well.

Jind_Singh
25-01-2010, 19:39
Theres nothing wrong with units of 10 fleshounds, but are 10 fleshounds worth the 350 pt price tag...not really.
5 fleshounds will tear a hole into anything, at that point extra numbers of hounds dont account for much. Anything out there though that can handle 5 hounds will just as easily handle 10 hounds - so nothing really gained.
I would rather field FOUR units of 5, 6 if you really want more dogs, but with the exception of the Thirster your lacking killers - thats why heralds of Khorne are bloody amazing, they have the staying power and strengh to kill big nasties - zero plus armour with 5+ ward, beasts they are!
add them to a unit of bloodletters and now people are in trouble - 6 WS5, str 5 attacks from a 5 wide unit (4 from rank and file, 2 from jugger - assuming a unit champion) AND 3 WS 7, str 7 from the herald - and everything has hatred!! hurrah!
For this reason I run either 11 or 16 Bloodletters, FC, icon of endless war (to add the massive extra inches for the 1st charge).
11 with all the fat and timming set you back just 187pts - add 190 for a herald and you got 377pts of sheer killing power!

My typical 2250 list is

Thirster with 100pts of upgrades
HoK - BSB, std of sundering
HoK - firestorm blade, jugger
HoK - firestorm blade, jugger

11 Bloodletters, FC, Icon of endless war
6 Furies
6 Furies

5 Fleshounds
5 Fleshounds

2250 on the dot, lots of combat units/characters, 2 hard hitting hounds, 2 furies

Now taking your theme we could drop a herald, reduce his bloodletter unit to just 10 with no upgrades - you save 257 pts which gets you 5 more Fleshounds - with 82pts spare - more furies, or increase hound unit size, bloodletter size - you choose.

And take your opponents mindset into consideration - people dont pay attention to naked bloodletter units, but do look at a unit with a herald - the core units take a lot of heat which is fine by me - I just need the thirster and hounds to engage.

Either way, pure khorne is great!!!!

Thats still a solid number of fleshounds, 2 solid combat core units, and your thirster.

Nathangonmad
25-01-2010, 19:55
you get points for going monokhorne, but i don't think i can forgive you for including cat-ear obsessed anime fans in your list.

especially not 2 units of 5.

What? I don't even

Bunny Lord
26-01-2010, 19:48
Well taking your advice I've redone my list, and now its one point over, so how best to drop it? Also C&C are more than welcome ton this list aswell.

Bloodthirster awesome strength armor of khorne 540

Herald of Khorne- juggernaught armor of khorne 165

Herald of khorne- juggernaught armor of khorne 165

Herald of khorne- juggernaught armor of khorne 165

11 bloodletters 132

11 bloodletters 132

11 bloodletters 132

5 furries 60

5 furries 60

5 flesh hounds 175

5 flesh hounds 175

5 flesh hounds 175

5 flesh hounds 175

titos334
26-01-2010, 20:37
Drop one of the Heralds.. Give the other 2 Heralds fitrestorm blades and then make one the Battle Standard Bearer and either get Standard of Sundering for even more magic protection. Could also give the units of bloodletters that will contain the Heralds the Icon of Endless war

Edit: Icon of endless war may suprise people..extra d6 charge on top of a 10inch charge is quite nice especially when not many units can handle a charge from a unite of bloodletters w/ herald all with hatred and the fireblades will make the heralds even better charector killers.. hitting on 3s and wounding on 3s vs most everything with a -4 save modifier.

Darthvegeta800
28-01-2010, 09:52
This list looks great! I may even start Chaos Daemons to try this! Very fun, very fluffy!

Bunny Lord
28-01-2010, 17:54
Thanks Darthvegta! Glad to see my lists are inspiring. Also I think your changes titos334 are about as good ass im going to get it. Thanks for all your help guys.

LouiseDePointe
28-01-2010, 20:38
What? I don't even

Pretty sure he was referring to the fact that 'fury' is a far different noun than 'furry', which incidentally means cat ear obsessed anime fans. Also things pertaining to fur. Basically he was saying (in a very roundabout way) check your spelling next time.

Commissar JVE
29-01-2010, 17:20
I have never played Chaos Daemons before...do the blood letters counts as scirmishers?

giner
29-01-2010, 17:51
Yes, Commissar they do and the heralds can all fly, that is why DoC is so nasty.

Qemist
30-01-2010, 01:42
hang on, im missing something here? why do the bloodletters count as skirmishers?

im looking at the improved lists suggested above and its actually making me want to do a khorne army, such a low model count lol, i came up with this:

HoK w/ obsidian armour
HoK w/ obsidian armour

11 bloodletters w/standard, music, icon of endless war

5 hounds with karanak.

thats 1000 points on the nose.

seems quite fun! i could always drop the obsidian armours down to firestorm blades and take some harpies. eitherway, a nice fun, relatively cheap army!

Zaustus
30-01-2010, 19:25
Bloodletters can't skirmish and the heralds can't fly; I'm pretty sure giner was having a joke with Commissar JVE.

Qemist
30-01-2010, 22:57
I realise that now after Reading it again. Damn 2am lol.

Killboss
31-01-2010, 03:15
HoK w/ obsidian armour
HoK w/ obsidian armour

5 hounds with karanak.

thats 1000 points on the nose.

Perhaps (if oyu're going to have so few bloodletters [in such a strange number]) you should chuck the Heralds on Juggers.... (unless its a typo and they are on juggers). Other then that, the bruality there for such a small force... well, i fear it.

Bloodletters can't skirmish and the heralds can't fly; I"m pretty sure giner was having a joke with Commissar JVE.

Some can ;)

Zaustus
31-01-2010, 10:04
I meant heralds of khorne. :P

Qemist
31-01-2010, 22:26
aaaah yea, there was a typo there :) both heralds are on juggers :) following the trend of this thread :P

i WAS going to get me a new beastman army, but now im looking at khorne demons with a different view!