PDA

View Full Version : TK Suggestions?

icbhod
24-01-2010, 20:01
I have access to all of the TK units and I just cannot seem to come up with a list that is competitive with any other army currently available.....OK, maybe Ogres.

Help a brother out?

Thanks

outbreak
24-01-2010, 20:38
I'd run something roughly like

king
prince in chariot
priest (heiro) with cloak of dunes
priest on casket

20 archers
3 chariots
3 chariots

3-5 carrion
2 tomb scorpions
20 tomb guard with rakaph

Screaming skull catapult

I usually run a list similar to this as 2k-2250 and it competes fine. The only army i have issues with is all mounted warriors of chaos if i don't manage to march block them. With this list if theres a juicy target i want down i'll do a magic first turn chariot rush through them with the princes unit, i run the skeles 15 in the front for the first few turns reforming when needed. Keep your casket priest near your catapult and your archers so you can provide smiting where needed. Use the carrion to cut down fleeing units by landing them behind them i find they do more march blocking and doing this then flank charging most things. If your king has destroyer of eternites the tomb guard unit becomes a very mobile and very solid unit.

Spiney Norman
24-01-2010, 21:43
I'd run something roughly like

king
prince in chariot
priest (heiro) with cloak of dunes
priest on casket

20 archers
3 chariots
3 chariots

3-5 carrion
2 tomb scorpions
20 tomb guard with rakaph

Screaming skull catapult

Yep, almost identical to my list, it doesn't get much better than that for tomb kings at the moment, although out of personal preference I'd put the king in a chariot and the prince on foot, also give one of the chariot units the undying banner.

outbreak
25-01-2010, 00:08
Yeah i left off most of my items and banners. I like undying or standard of the cursing word (haven't played them in afew months is that the ld check or you die one in b2b one? i love it vs horde armies). You can mix this up alittle too sometimes i drop a chariot unit or some carrion and magic items to squeeze in another 20 archers but when i was last playing i wanted a faster list. I think if your list is similar to this you should read afew tactic articles and maybe play some games using notes. Remember to keep casters close to units you need to do things with and the like. Write down your tactics and double check when moving that nothing ends up out of place or out of range of support magic you plan on throwing out.

Tolinwiz
25-01-2010, 06:29
I run lists similar to that, although I find running the Casket pretty much locks up 2-3 dice from all opponents.

I typically ran -

Casket
King in unit of TG with DoE
2 x Priest

SSC

1 x unit of carrion
3 x scorpions (I just use these to assasinate characters)

2 x 10 Archers

2 x 3 Chariots

SSC goes next to casket -

I would typically position the TG unit with the king 6" from the SSC for turn one smiting.

Multi-Charging with TG unit + Chariots is basically an auto break of any unit in the game. (assuming you get flanks with the chariots, which you always should).

Scorpions are -amazing- character killers.

Use the Archers to re-direct any units charging the casket.

I hate when people post W-L-D on warseer, because typically they're completely made up, but, having said that, I'm going to post anyhow. In my local GW I went around 55-4-2 with my TK. The majority of people weren't playing 'Ard boyz lists, but TK will never compete with those armies.

Dominating the movement phase is -key- to the success of TK. The ability to get multi-charges off on all units is amazing. The King essentially means you're getting at worst 2 attacks back to the front and the chariots on the side should rarely be getting attacked back. With scorpions being able to KB lords, and carrion march blocking, the army is pretty amazing.

Isabel
25-01-2010, 07:38
I took 1st at a GT with this list. Kinda differant from what I usually see here on warseer. But the lists for TK here on warseer are pretty much always the same king with DoE yadda yadda list.

just a quick rough list:
King with chariot, crown of kings, chariot of fire and spear of ant
LP
LP
LP

3chariots: standard of sacred eye
3 chariots
3 chariots

Scorp
Scorp
Scorp
4 Ushabti

Bone Giant
Bone Giant

Add scrolls, steeds, cloak, jar etc and it fills out the list. Try it out some time, it's brutal :)

Maoriboy007
25-01-2010, 20:25
This list works for me, also different.

Tomb King on Chariot with Flail Skulls and Golden Ankh
Prince on Chariot with GW/Flail and Blue Khepra (MR2)
BOTH in unit of 5-6 Chariots with +1 to hit Banner Musician but NO CHAMP (Important!)

20-ish Bowmen with Banner Undying Legion
5 Fast Cav
20 Tomb Guard Icon Rakaph
2-3 Scorpions
If going light on scorpions then add carrion

Hierophant on horse or flying with 1-2 scrolls and/or Colak of Dunes

Catapault (Skulls of Foe optional, too many ITP troops these days)

Priest on Casket with 2 Scrolls.
Upto 3 scrolls and -1 to cast is a valuable magic defence.

Centre as many incantations (including the kings) around the catapault to start to get those extra shots and encourage the enemy to come forward.

Then the Chariot unit goes hunting for flanks or other tasty targets.
MR 2 protects it from pesky magic missiles
no less than 3 incantations (with king and prince) keep it moving, up to 6 if you keep the priests in range.
The (Unusually) large number means it gives look out sir to its characters and can take a casualty or two.

Bowmen keep up a steady hail of arrows, and can take light to medium charges with the Banner.
The light cav can bait and redirect (or you can bodyguard your Priest if you want)
Tomb Guard make a solid unit and the 360 line of sight means they guard rear and flanks nicely.
Scorpions and Carrion go hunting small valuable targets, bury scorpions only if you have to and dont be afraid to use (sacrifice) them to redirect threatening units if you need to.

Malorian
25-01-2010, 20:26
Check out the battles I had with All_seeing_eye.

He is the best TK general I know.

icbhod
25-01-2010, 21:02
Check out the battles I had with All_seeing_eye.

He is the best TK general I know.

Where do I find those?

icbhod
25-01-2010, 21:02
A lot to consider. I like the 2 bg list....very out of the normal....

Malorian
25-01-2010, 21:28
Where do I find those?

Search for threads made by me and then TK or tomb kings.

I have some stand alone reports and there are a good number in my VC thread.

Edit: Here's the latest one http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211385

outbreak
25-01-2010, 23:24
Also may be worth youtubing vaul's tk he has some good battle reports.