PDA

View Full Version : The Royal Pegasus

Chain
26-01-2010, 03:12
Does it count as a monster or a flying cavalry?
for the +1 armor save

xragg
26-01-2010, 03:28
How many wounds does it have?

1 wound = +1 armor save to rider
2+ wounds = monsterous mount

Chain
26-01-2010, 03:43
it got 2 wounds but the normal pegasus also got 2 wounds and that one give the knights +1 armor save

It's stats are pretty much identical with the normal one aside it's higher point cost

however it got a Toughness value while the normal pegasus doesn't... then again normal horses do have Toughness values to :/

this is what got me a bit confused about it

Ramius4
26-01-2010, 03:48
No, the 'normal' one does not have 2 wounds per se. It is a combined profile model in much the same way as a chariot.

A Royal Pegasus is a multiple wound creature on its own so it treated like any other monstrous mount. So sorry, no bonus to your armor save.

PARTYCHICORITA
26-01-2010, 04:28
also I'm pretty sure Royal pegasus has W3. :rolleyes:

Chain
26-01-2010, 04:35
thanks for the clarification

also I'm pretty sure Royal pegasus has W3. :rolleyes:

:shifty:
Guess it's sleep time...

jayzerus
26-01-2010, 12:43
I don't think the normal Pegasus (i.e. of the Pegasus Knights) give the riders a 1+ armor save.

The entry says they still get the +1 save for being cavalry, but they do not have barding, thus giving them a 3+ save.

I could be wrong, and as a Bretonnian player, it would be pretty sweet if I am. But this has been debated in my gaming club, and we all pretty much agree that the way the wording goes, and the lack of barding in the description, the end result is a 3+ save for the Pegasus Knights.

PeG
26-01-2010, 12:46
Noone disagrees with you. The entire discussion is about if they give the +1 save for being cav or not which is not the case for royal pegasus if they are monsters. Noone claims a total armour save of 1+

jayzerus
26-01-2010, 13:27
ah, my bad - I misread.

Artinam
26-01-2010, 13:33
Royal Pegasus is a Monster (You randomise shooting hits against it, it has its own wounds ect.), Monsters do not five +1 AS to their riders. If it would, it would have the Flying Cavalry rule which the Pegasus Knights do have (They have a combined profile, they are basicly normal cavarly that flies, so no randomization)

Pegasus Knights have a 3+ AS.