PDA

View Full Version : Great GW Give-away

Brandir
21-05-2005, 10:29
Apparently GW will be giving away copies of the new hardback LOTR SBG amalgamated rulebook in October when it is released.

But only to those people who buy a box set of FOTR/TTT/ROTK from today and keep the receipt.

Upon production of said receipt one will get the new book free.

As far as I know, however, this is only valid in the UK.

Dr Death
21-05-2005, 16:34
I thought it was for those buying mines of moria, if it isnt im not sure its worth it for us long time players who already have all 3 (though if i was TTT box is definatly worth the buy)

Dr Death

Brandir
21-05-2005, 16:52
Unless one buys the 40 box set and sells the minis/rulebook on eBay for 10-20!

therisnosaurus
25-05-2005, 12:39
hehe, milsims was selling them off. I got the 2 towers box for less than 1 box of the troops inside normaly costs 30 bucks for the whole thing and 6 rohirim cost 35 :P. the fellowship of the rings boxes were going for 20 bucks and that was with a free bilbo model in them :P

Jedi152
25-05-2005, 14:04
Apparently GW will be giving away copies of the new hardback LOTR SBG amalgamated rulebook in October when it is released.

But only to those people who buy a box set of FOTR/TTT/ROTK from today and keep the receipt.

Upon production of said receipt one will get the new book free.

As far as I know, however, this is only valid in the UK.
...So when you buy 120 worth of games, GW will give you a hearty pat on the back and say "thanks for buying 3 games - here is a free 25 book that makes them all redundant".

Good going GW.

Messiah
25-05-2005, 14:29
...So when you buy 120 worth of games, GW will give you a hearty pat on the back and say "thanks for buying 3 games - here is a free 25 book that makes them all redundant".

Good going GW.

You only have to buy one of them..

Jedi152
25-05-2005, 14:31
Ah, that'd explain a lot!

Not too bad a deal then. I was thinking of getting into LOTR with Rohan and/or Isengard, so i could pick up the TTT games, get a force of each and a free updated rulebook. hmmmmm. :)

rkunisch
25-05-2005, 14:59
That sounds like really a good deal. Unfortunately I already have all three boxes. Well, if it is only for the UK it would not help me anyway. :p

I really look forward to the new hardback and starter box. :D

Have fun,

Rolf.

erion
25-05-2005, 15:11
Yeah, I'd easily buy another Two Towers or ROTK box if it meant I could get the Hardcover book for free. You can never have enough Rohirrim or Plastic orcs.

Stupid UK-only offer...

Avian
25-05-2005, 16:50
Think of it as buying the hardcover rulebook and getting one of the three old sets for 15. ;)

Brandir
19-06-2005, 13:47
For those who need details of this offer in writing:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/features/lotr-rulebook/lotr-rulebook.htm

or

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=16&orignav=16

Hardback rulebook released on Sat 8 Oct 05.

UnRiggable
07-07-2005, 22:35
the new book is HARDCOVER? thank god, the dog practically chewed through the ttt one

i assume this has stats from all the books and their supplements?

Brandir
08-07-2005, 07:03
Yes, the new hardcover book will contain ALL the stats from FOTR, TTT. ROTK, S&F, SOG, BOPF and SOTS. But not the scenarios - these will be generic. GW are also releasing this year a FOTR book that will contain lots of FOTR relateds scenarios (film and book based so we will get the Warg Attack on the Fellowship after their retreat from Caradras).

Baggers
08-07-2005, 12:04
I am glad that the Caradras scenario is in, as that is one element from the book, the film really missed out.