PDA

View Full Version : Delaque Gang for campaign?

Arbedark
05-02-2006, 19:15
Ok, possible campaign coming up soon for me.

So I got to looking at the gangs, and decided that a Delaque gang might be a good choice.

Here's a quick draft of what I was planning at the moment. Obviously changes will be made according to the skills and stats acquired.

It's a 50/50 mix of Melee and Ranged at the moment. Hoping to hold my own, and force opposing gangs down under weight of numbers until I can get my heavies up and running fully.

Anyways, here's the list. Basic idea is to go for 2-3 man teams. Juves accompanying the Leader, in an effort to boost their exp up quickly in the first few games so I'm not at a disadvantage.

Gang Leader 150 Credits
- Bolt Pistol
- Maul

Heavy 85 Credits
- Lasgun (Will replace with Plasma Gun after 2-3 games)

Heavy 85 Credits
- Lasgun (Will replace with Plasma Gun after 2-3 games)

Ganger 75 Credits
- Lasgun

Ganger 75 Credits
- Lasgun

Ganger 75 Credits
- Lasgun

Ganger 75 Credits
- Autopistol
- Maul

Ganger 75 Credits
- Autopistol
- Maul

Ganger 75 Credits
- Laspistol
- Maul

Ganger 70 Credits
- Autogun

Juve 50 Credits
- Autopistol
- Maul

Juve 50 Credits
- Autopistol
- Maul

60 Creds spare at the moment. Saving up for my Plasmaguns which I'll try and get after the first or second game, when I wont have enough creds to warrant a roll on the Rares table.

Tomothy
06-02-2006, 00:20
Looks fairly solid.

Melchor
06-02-2006, 00:45
Looks ok, but I'm wondering why you are using mauls instead of swords. Their parry ability is quite good.
Haven't got my Necromunda rules on hand though, so you might just want to ignore this post if I'm talking nonsense. :p

Tomothy
06-02-2006, 01:47
I just assumed he was using the new HWL

Arbedark
06-02-2006, 16:42
Yeah. This is using the new downloaded rules.

Makes it a bit more fun in my opinion. And since my original Rule book isn't with me at Uni.

I was wondering whether to go a little heavier on the juves.

Mainly because it'd give me some more bodies out there, and because I like the way that they are cheaper than Gangers, and also get better stats after a couple of games.

Opinions?

heldane
09-02-2006, 00:29
You may also want to think about dropping one of you heavies to start out with.

I recently played ina campaign with an orlock gang and started with my leader, 2 heavies and a few others. The problem I faces was that my basic gang rating was higher than all otheres due to the starting exprience of my leader and 2 heavies.

In all I found it more of a problem than a bonus as my opponents were getting a very tasty giant killing bonus just for taking me on, not mattering about winning or losing.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Arbedark
09-02-2006, 01:07
OOOH. Good point. I totally Didn't think.

I could drop one Heavy, maybe both, and buy them when I've actually got their Plasma Guns.

I'd only have 10 starting members then though. Which could be a bit of a disadvantage.

Hmmmm. I'll have a think.

Thanks for the idea though.

Chem-Dog
09-02-2006, 11:36
Three juves (unequipped) can be bought for the price of one of those heavies.

In my experience a massed rank of basic weapon gangers will slay any other kind of gang, I had two gangs decimated by a patient (Escher) opponant who got into cover and waited for my close assault favouring Cawdor to get close enough, the fusilade was phenominal. Until a gang aquires some skills and rare trade items, it's THE best way to approach the fight.

Odin
09-02-2006, 12:11
I would opt for one Heavy with a Plasma Gun, rather than getting two heavies and saving up for the plasma guns.

Also, I would take at least 3-4 Juves as they give you cheap numbers. In general, Delaque will probably benefit from a balance of about 2 shooty fighters to every 1 melee fighter, because their skills are suited to ambushing with firepower.

Rumple
09-02-2006, 12:18
Hand-flamers are an effective way to blood your Juves. Don't overlook cheap weapons like Hvy Stubbers as temporary armament for your Heavies. I don't have the rulebook on and I can't recall what is on the Delaque House list, so maybe I'm talking nonsense.
Number help like everyone has mentioned: don't bother starting with a Heavy if he doesn't have a heavy weapon.

Melchor
09-02-2006, 12:21
Heavy stubbers are quite good actually. The amount of firepower compensates nicely for their low-ish strength.

It probably is on the Delaque hous-list as well, as there is a delaque model with a heavy stubber... :)

Arbedark
09-02-2006, 13:45
Odin, the thing is, Delaque can't buy Plasma Guns right from the start. I'd have to buy one after my first game, and one after my second.

Ok, I'm going to come up with another list.

A semi-sneaky idea I've just thought of, how about if at the start of the campaign, I save 260 creds for 2 heavies with Plasma Guns. And then buy one plasma gun after my first game, and after the second game, I'll buy a second plasma gun along with 2 heavies.

This way I'll have a lower Gang Rating than everyone else, So I can get some nice Giant Killer exp and income bonus right at the start.

If I go juve heavy, by the end of the Second game I can expect most of the juves to have had at least 2 advances, so they'll be almost as good as fully fledged gangers.

And with the arrival of two heavies as well, it should seriously bump up the damage output of my gang, giving me a nice boost at the beginning of the campaign.

I'm also tempted to switch Houses. Although I'm not too sure at this point. I'm fairly certain I'll be facing either a Cawdor or a Redemptionist player, so I want to be careful about going too CC heavy and getting mauled.

I'll have another look at a new list and post it in a while. Thanks for the help guys.

Edit:

- Leader – 145 Credits
- Las Pistol
- Sword

- Ganger – 75 Credits
- Lasgun

- Ganger – 75 Credits
- Lasgun

- Ganger – 75 Credits
- Lasgun

- Ganger – 75 Credits
- Lasgun

- Ganger – 70 Credits
- Shotgun

- Juve – 30 Credits
- 2 x Knives

- Juve – 30 Credits
- 2 x Knives

- Juve – 50 Credits
- Autopistol
- Flail

- Juve – 40 Credits
- Autopistol
- Knife

- Juve – 30 Credits
- 2 x Knives

- Juve – 45 Credits
- Stub Gun
- Flail

270 Credits Spare

Min Gang rating = 896
Max Gang rating = 926

This is for an Orlock gang, but it could be adapted to any of them, just swap the flails and swords for whatever 10 Credit CCW the gangs can get.

Gives me 12 Bodies, 5 Ranged, 7 CC.

Hole up behind some cover, and wait for the other gang to advance. Counter Charge with the juves and possibly follow up with the gangers. Although I'll need to keep them safe to work the Territories until some Juves gain Ganger status.

With an xp bonus of +5 for a loss and +6 for a win (expected Giant Killer bonus), it shouldn't take too many games for them to advance.

Views?

Melchor
09-02-2006, 14:37
I'd lose the laspistol on the leader in favor of either a bolt pistol (expensive) or an autopistol. Never been a fan of laspistols with their silly -1 to-hit on long range.

For similar reasons, get some man-stoppers for your shotgun guy for improved accuracy on longer ranges.

Your plan is quite risky, be prepared to bottle out when you are taking too many casualties in order to minimize the damage to your post-battle sequence.
It could work though.

Arbedark
09-02-2006, 15:05
Hmmm, I must have forgotten to change the Leaders pistol to an Auto.

I'm still not happy with this list so far. I guess I might have to ditch the idea of having two heavies with Plasma Guns at the start of the campaign, and maybe concentrate on a heavy with Heavy Bolter or something instead.

How about going for 3 Juves with 2 x Knives, a Leader with cheap EQ and then go Ganger Heavy with Lasguns?

Melchor
09-02-2006, 15:10
Those juves are probably going to get shot up pretty bad. But that's good, as they're only juves anyway an they're cheap. ;)
If they survive they can become some of your best gangers.

I like the idea of a heavy bolter, but usually end up getting a heavy stubber as I'm a cheap b*stard. :D
Also, remember that Leaders can have special weapons (ie. Plasma guns) as well... Not sure if you can get them at the start of the campaign if you're playing Orlock (never liked the gang-equipment lists...).
I'd Look into that, as he has a higher BS as well.

Arbedark
09-02-2006, 15:27
Yeah, I know the leader can, but I'm kinda sceptical putting so many Creds in one character.

He's ridiculously expensive to start out with.

I'd probably end up with a Heavy stubber too, I was just trying to go for a different setup to start with.

I'm liking the idea of getting some 30 Cred Juves to start with, just so I have more bodies, and hopefully can become decent gangers.

Anyone tried using multiple Flamers? At only 40 Creds, they look like a steal, just a shame about the Ammo roll ever time you fire.

I'm still pretty open as to which Gang I'll do at the moment. Tempted to go for a 3 Malcadon Spyrer gang again. Absolutely decimated ever gang in the last campaign when I used that.

I must admit that the House Weapon Lists are a little lame and restricting, but we're playing by the Living Rulebook rules, so gotta use them.

*runs off to try and come up with another competitive list*

Melchor
09-02-2006, 15:40
Well, come up with a house rule that ditches the House Weapon lists. :D

As for flamers, they're quite good if a bit unreliable.
I used to use one in my Chaos Cult (from the monthly Gang War supplement), and I remember being pretty pleased about how it performed. Of course, back then you could set people on fire with that thing (:evilgrin:), but I reckon auto-hitting is still pretty valuable.

Just be sure to give the guy carrying it some back-up weapon(s) for when he runs out of flamer juice. I'd either give him a pistol/ccw as he gets up close anyway, or a basic weapon to use when he's closing in on the enemy.

Just my €0,02...

Arbedark
09-02-2006, 15:58
Ok. Here's a new list.

Could be any House Virtually.

Leader 155 Credits
- Bolter

Heavy 110 Credits
- Flamer
- Flail

Heavy 110 Credits
- Flamer
- Flail

Ganger 75 Credits
- Lasgun

Ganger 75 Credits
- Lasgun

Ganger 75 Credits
- Lasgun

Ganger 75 Credits
- Lasgun

Ganger 75 Credits
- Shotgun
- Man Stopper Shells

Ganger 75 Credits
- Autopistol
- Flail

Ganger 75 Credits
- Autopistol
- Flail

Juve 30 Credits
- 2 x Knives

Juve - 30 Credits
- 2 x Knives

Juve 30 Credits
- 2 x Knives

10 Credits Spare

Idea is to try and get a nice Special for the Leader after a couple of games, and give the Boltgun to one of the Gangers who could give his stuff to a Juve etc.

Rumple
09-02-2006, 19:35
Word of warning: over-strategising and making your gang too good makes games too easy and too boring. This I have found to be a problem with Mordheim and Gorkamorka as well as Necromunda. I find it is more fun to pick a theme (involving particular limitations), and try to build the best gang I can around that. Perhaps this is not a problem for all groups of players, but it is something to consider.

Arbedark
10-02-2006, 17:25
Meh. I'm not really over strategising. Since I'll end up jumping my Juves off high ledges onto other gangers just for fun.

Ah well. Still waiting for the Campaign to get set up.