PDA

View Full Version : Demon's at 1999 with 14+ power dice

Sons of Blight
29-01-2010, 11:59
So... I lost to this 14+ power dice demon list at 1999 last night... any suggestions on how I can compete against this? I have empire - orcs - and vampire counts - Thinking of bringing my ghoul army with a bunch of luck?

Ultimate Life Form
29-01-2010, 12:07
Vampires: Staff of +1 to dispel and 3 Corpse Carts with Balefires. Expensive, but burns through his dice like nothing.

Sons of Blight
29-01-2010, 13:08
i'll have to get another corpse cart :)

PeG
29-01-2010, 14:00
Or hit him hard and fast ie a couple of scroll caddies and lots of knights. What does he bring that actually fights? Horrors tend to die rather fast especially if without a herald and if the heralds are spending their gifts on magic you have some options that can kill these guys also.

Nurgling Chieftain
29-01-2010, 16:48
Heavy cav. If he's spamming horror units, he can't kill heavy cavalry fast enough, and they can defeat the horrors in HtH.

Malorian
29-01-2010, 17:14
Just for fun one game you should proxy a dragon prince heavy army ;)

Chicago Slim
30-01-2010, 13:24
Malorian, I'd go the other way:

Get yourself a couple dozen dragon princes, paint them up nice, and keep them!

(Okay, I only have, uh, 14 Dragon Princes, myself... but it's enough that I've never felt the need to proxy with my Silver Helms-- though I certainly could, since I have 26 of those!)

In general, though, I agree with the advice above: Bring a bit of focused anti-magic, and run hard and fast right into anything that has power dice.

If you want to stick with an infantry/shooting HE army, though, you could take a few piles of archers, and a couple of stacked-up units of Phoenix Warriors...

SilasOfTheLambs
08-02-2010, 17:13
To defeat a mono-tzeentch power dice spam army my strategy is:

Punch the owner in the face as he is a massive throbbing tool. Then step on his models and send him back to his mommy.

enyoss
08-02-2010, 17:35
So... I lost to this 14+ power dice demon list at 1999 last night... any suggestions on how I can compete against this? I have empire - orcs - and vampire counts - Thinking of bringing my ghoul army with a bunch of luck?

I believe this is what you're looking for...

BugsOwn
08-02-2010, 21:00
^^ awsome dude!

mistrmoon
08-02-2010, 22:35
HAHA i remember that movie, well played good sir, I award to you 1 internetz!

Slayerthane
08-02-2010, 22:43
To defeat a mono-tzeentch power dice spam army my strategy is:

Punch the owner in the face as he is a massive throbbing tool. Then step on his models and send him back to his mommy.

I like this strategy. Although anybody in my opinion who plays demons is a massive throbbing tool. Demons is the one army that doesn't require any strategy whatsoever, it wins itself. If I wasn't such a sucker for challenges, I'd probably never play against a Demons player.

enyoss
08-02-2010, 23:15
Although anybody in my opinion who plays demons is a massive throbbing tool.

I'm a daemons player. :(

Roarschach
08-02-2010, 23:56
Yea, there's no need to play a guy like that. Only way to win is convince people to stop playing with him until he gets a real army. God bless the ogre kingdoms.

Roark
09-02-2010, 00:05
Although anybody in my opinion who plays demons is a massive throbbing tool. Demons is the one army that doesn't require any strategy whatsoever, it wins itself.

2 rubbish statements in 2 consecutive sentences. Nice one. Go for the record, dude!

fubukii
09-02-2010, 01:05
2 or 3 corpse carts should cripple is magic phase nicely.

w3rm
09-02-2010, 02:47
I like this strategy. Although anybody in my opinion who plays demons is a massive throbbing tool. Demons is the one army that doesn't require any strategy whatsoever, it wins itself. If I wasn't such a sucker for challenges, I'd probably never play against a Demons player.

Your about to have a massive throbbing headache if you keep spouting garbage like that. Really dude chill out. Daemons do need stratagey to win if you dont use cut and paste lists.

hawo0313
09-02-2010, 05:24
wow I know daaeons are powerful dude but no need to change the subject of the thread from how to beat magic heavy daemons in 1999 to you cant win daemon players have no skill (as inevitable as it may seem)

limkopi
09-02-2010, 05:37
Balefire VC is the best solution thus far.

Lijacote
09-02-2010, 15:10
Bashing daemons makes people cool. Especially wide and broad statements like "daemons are not a real army", "all daemon players are throbbing tools". Admirable, guys, admirable. /condescending emoticon

A unit that defeats Tzeentch daemon lists very handily is the unit of Dragon Princes with the banner of Immune to Magic. World Dragon, was it? Tzeentch can do no actual damage to them, not sure if Psychology works and what the chances are of a full unit of horrors defeating them by static res.

grumbaki
09-02-2010, 16:45
Well they would already be immune to fire, so no need to go overboard by making them immune to all magic. It'd be better to spend the points on another unit of dragon princes. Also a prince with the standard of +d6 combat resolution could work nice as well for making the daemons pop. By turn 2 you could be in combat and from there you just grind them down. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Maoriboy007
09-02-2010, 18:29
Speed, mounted troops Ghoulkin and dogs. Engage hard and fast with his troops so his magic is neutered.

Lijacote
09-02-2010, 19:15
Well they would already be immune to fire, so no need to go overboard by making them immune to all magic. It'd be better to spend the points on another unit of dragon princes. Also a prince with the standard of +d6 combat resolution could work nice as well for making the daemons pop. By turn 2 you could be in combat and from there you just grind them down. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Just being immune to fire doesn't make you immune to Tzeentch daemon lists, since Heralds of Tzeentch (as far as I've seen) often have Master of Sorcery, giving them access to a full lore from the main book, giving them much-needed diversity. Not to mention the daemon lore of Tzeentch is a bit lackluster for heralds. Many of the spells you can get for a Herald are nigh-on useless, and Boon of Tzeentch certainly is, since you'll only have another spell anyway.

Dragon Princes wouldn't like the Lore of Metal, for one. Oh well, I guess you could just dispel the few attempts at magic the Heralds will throw at you, since the princes will just ignore the majority of the opposing magic, unless there's 4 heralds... oh well.

Nurgling Chieftain
09-02-2010, 19:36
Dragon Princes wouldn't like the Lore of Metal, for one.Given that they're unaffected by everything but the transmutation of lead (and the law of gold if they took a magic item), I think they'd like it just fine. :p

Lijacote
09-02-2010, 20:42
I have a funny feeling Spirit of the Forge is infantry-specific? Oh well. Beasts, then?

fubukii
09-02-2010, 20:50
i agree that there are spells that will hinder dragon princes out there.

Even from the lore of tzeentch, gift of chaos and bolt of change are not flaming spells, and will do a number on those dragon princes. In addition the lore of beasts is nice vs them as well.

enyoss
09-02-2010, 20:59
I have a funny feeling Spirit of the Forge is infantry-specific? Oh well. Beasts, then?

It isn't infantry specific, but it is flaming ;).

Lijacote
09-02-2010, 21:22
Oh, damn, true. Flaming. Shame on my memory.