PDA

View Full Version : If GW introduce another army, what would you prefer?

PrimeMinistersQ&A
30-01-2010, 06:18
This is unlikely to happen in the immediate future but it has the potential of happening once sales and the share price is up after the recession wears off.

There are still many more ideas even just in fantasy that have not been explored in 40k. In the big red book, it mentions many more Xenos out there not represented on tabletop and of course we still have more space marine chapters who does not have a dedicated Codex.

What army would you like to see added?

Tourniquet
30-01-2010, 06:20
Dark Eldar :p

Hrud would be interesting as well .
ordo Xenos

PrimeMinistersQ&A
30-01-2010, 06:23
To clarify for people who don't know what the Hrud are a lot of info was in the GW book: Xenology and some more info from wiki and lexicanum.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Hrud

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hrud

Balragore
30-01-2010, 06:26
They pretty much have everything covered (from a stereotypical point of view). It would really just end-up being a re-hash of a previously existing army?

At any rate, honeslty, I'd like to see/play a new xenos.
The SM's chapters can easily be condensed back into one codex with simple page or two's worth particular rules to run/play any chapter you want really.

Tommygun
30-01-2010, 06:32
How would GW be able to come up with rules for the Hurd?

Night Master
30-01-2010, 06:41
I voted for the Lost and the Damned. The mortal followers of Chaos feature heavily in the fiction so should be represented in the game. Also a lot of people seemed to like the Eye of Terror list, so I imagine it would be fairly popular.

Thylacine
30-01-2010, 06:46
'Rats in Space'

Give us Space Skaven, that's what we want, tunnel dwelling, shadow hiding, technology stealing, scampering, clawing, biting rats with a mean disposition!

Out of the lab and into the tunnels!

Free the vermin!

A rat or two for every hab-block.

Games Workshop, gives us our Rats in Space!

Tommygun
30-01-2010, 06:55
The Hurd are basically an analogy for the Skaven.

talon216
30-01-2010, 07:04
I put other, i'd like to see the loxatl.

Scribe of Khorne
30-01-2010, 07:08
With the rumors we are seeing of the BA Codex, there can be only one correct answer.

Its time for Codex: World Eaters :evilgrin:

Radium
30-01-2010, 07:15
More Xenos. Something new preferably. They could even steal some ideas from one of the more popular sci-fi shows.

A Twi'Lek army would be awesome though.

Shadowheart
30-01-2010, 07:43
Ideally I'd like an army that covers a variety of human forces - Chaos cultists, Genestealer cults, mutant uprisings, hive gang militias, weird Imperial cults and so on.

Failing that I'd also be up for an Adeptus Mechanicus army, or just a new Guard regiment.

TimLeeson
30-01-2010, 07:48
Anything NON-humanoid that doesnt move on legs. I want *proper* freaky and especially visually abstract styled aliens. So, any of these would make me a happy xeno ;

Enslavers
Umbra
Galg
Chaos Aliens (Saruthi ect)
Drugh
Slaughth
Thyrrus

Corpse
30-01-2010, 07:50
Hard to have 10% of all chaos be represented by one codex, and the other 90% not have a codex.

Lost and the Damned for me. I lost them once, I would like them back.

Also would like a new alien race that is not humanoid in shape. (Yes tyranids are humanoids in shape, very few pincer jaws and tentacles)

Thud
30-01-2010, 08:54
Squ.... err.. :angel:

Lost and the Damned would be nice, but if they could drum up an entirely new race, like they did with Tau, I'd be well chuffed.

bigcheese76
30-01-2010, 09:51
Another Xeno list could be fun to play against and mabey GW can talk about that for a bit rather than SM all the time.

The pestilent 1
30-01-2010, 09:53
Also would like a new alien race that is not humanoid in shape. (Yes tyranids are humanoids in shape, very few pincer jaws and tentacles)

You use that word.
I do not think it means what you think it means.

Darthvegeta800
30-01-2010, 10:26
New (or old -> DE) Xeno's or Lost and the Damned / Traitor Guard.

Reflex
30-01-2010, 10:30
LatD will win this hands down. they have had a following since EoT and gw refuses to recognize these tainted souls.

monopeludo
30-01-2010, 10:34
Dark Tau would be great. An aberration of Tauking that shines brigth in the warp.

jamesterjlrb
30-01-2010, 10:35
Individualised Chaos Legion codexes

Failing that: Space Goblins!!!!! :D :D :D :D

IGoblinego
30-01-2010, 10:41
No new, give Squats own codex.

PrimeMinistersQ&A
30-01-2010, 10:45
Demurig are the squats.

Anyway I'd really prefer some kind of Xenos as so many players already play some kind of imperium or chaos related army. Space Marines, IG, and CSM probably make up 60% of the entire hobby.

The entire human thing is over-done. I think the Hrud would be awesome.

Tau-Lover
30-01-2010, 10:52
Xenos FTW! It would be cool if they made an alien race that are fused with machines, half alien half machine. An alien with machine spider-legs?

Well, anything that isn't human would be nice.

Daemon Primarch Lorgar
30-01-2010, 10:53
I'll stand up and say it if no one else have dared to say it yet ;).
I'd like to see Mechanicus. And I'll vote it "the most powerfull codex in the history of 40k" even before it is written ;)!

PrimeMinistersQ&A
30-01-2010, 10:57
Ad Mechanicus would be brilliant.

Honestly anything but more Space Marine Chapters or Chaos Space Marines. Is anyone getting sick of every single enemy being that 4/3 stats MEQ model?

MetalGecko23
30-01-2010, 11:00
I would like to see a Dark Eldar codex

Galatan
30-01-2010, 11:01
None. Lost and the damned is easily covered with guard codex (just model iron hand stracken as a chaos space marine, he's got the stats anyway). The Demiurg aren't big/important enough for a faction. The Hrud aren't organised enough (they are just nomads). More space marines? Meh another first founding chapter codex could be nice, but isn't needed.

The xenos races are already diverse and half the codexes are imperial already, so I don't think we need another. It takes a long time already to update them all anyway.

EDIT: ow and assassins aren't made to be an army. It would be awesome though, but the days of having only 15 models to beat another army (like harlequins) are gone.

If I have to choose....more eldar love. A new DE codex and some new models to replace the metal eldar models. The army looks awesome, but 50%+ is still metal and some models really need to be replaced (like the waaaay to static warp spiders).

Foxhound_808
30-01-2010, 11:05
ADEPTUS MECHANICUS!

the fantastic techmarine model is an example of how cool and full of machine goodness an admech range could be. not to mention the fluff with the void dragon would be really interesting to explore further.

surprize
30-01-2010, 11:18
I don't really see any point in the lost and damned having a separate list. I can't really see it being either that popular, or that different from the IG list.

It would just be IG but instead of entries like storm-troopers, or veterans who have better shooting they would have some units geared more towards CC. All the HS slots would be the same, most of the FA would be the same. OK you can argue that the chapter specific SM codices are like that, but people are actually going to buy SW and BA (and likely DA, BT, etc) in fairly large numbers. Just can't see it happening.

What I would like is something half-way between a codex and things like battle-missions/cityfight etc. A "codex" that covers a lot of obscure xenos races and has scenarios for using them in small numbers, like some of the old sub-plots from the back fo the 1st Ed book. As well as points values and rules for using them as "allies" in your armies. They could probably throw in some new types of imperial anti-xenos troops/characters as well.

In effect it would be a book for players to have scenario driven games where one or both sides had a few xenos and/or ordo xenos fighting with them. (NB: for fun, not for tournament play!)

That way we could potentially see rules/figures for stuff that we otherwise wouldn't, as it can't justify its own codex - Hrud, Enslavers, genestealer hybrids, catachan devils, etc.

Bring back the slight role-play and scenario element of 40K in one fell swoop!

Ironhand
30-01-2010, 12:48
I voted "Other" because the last thing I want from GW is another race. They can't keep the Codexes they have now up to date in any reasonable time frame. Adding a new race woud only make things worse.

Not to mention all the whining it would generate here from people who didn't get the race they wanted or thought it was over/under-powered.

totgeboren
30-01-2010, 13:21
I voted LatD/Traitor Guards, since its worse to have something and lose it than not to have it at all.
This could be used for all the different cults, like chaos, genestealer and necron cults, but the main focus would be on chaos cults, since they are the most common.
A Tau-inspired uprising could be cool.

2:ed place, an AdMec codex would be nice, and the amount of very kewl models that could follow such a release would be impressive.

3:ed, more Xenos. I don't know about this, GW are hardly paying any attention to their current xenos.
I mean, the Necrons, DE and Tau all need a new codex, so adding one more Xenos would probably just lead even less time in the spotlight for the current xenos.

Mannimarco
30-01-2010, 13:27
im voting lost and the damned as they are by far the most common chaos army in the background but are rarely seen on the table (vraksian lists are few and far between)

the imperium is much more likely to fight a lost and the damned/traitor guard army than it is to fight a chaos marine

Poseidal
30-01-2010, 13:30
I'd bring back the Squats, for sure.

Corrode
30-01-2010, 13:43
Lost and the Damned or Hrud, but heavily in favour of Lost and the Damned. It's a very cool idea for an army which isn't really represented, and the game would finally have a more accurate theme for Chaos (3 parts - masses of desperate and relatively feeble humans, a few favoured super-soldiers, and then the Warp-spawned Daemons).

Max Jet
30-01-2010, 13:56
Dark Tau would be great. An aberration of Tauking that shines brigth in the warp.

*sneaks behind you*
*Hits you with a baseball bat*
*throws you into a reclamation pool*

Erm... You can thank me later Bregalad.

After Seeing TimLeeson's Blog I vote for enslavers!

Born Again
30-01-2010, 14:32
I was naughty and voted for 3 options :p First up, the Hrud as a stand alone race. Not really sure how it would work as they're seen as raiders living in the shadows, and don't really venture out much or even like being seen, so may not be suited for a battle game. If they could make it work though, it could be interesting. Secondly, the demiurg, not as a race but just a new auxiliary unit for Tau, that'd be good enough for me. Lastly I voted "other", because AdMech are the obvious and popular choice, and also for the Umbra. Again probably hard to do an army of them, but a special adversary unit to play against with Ordo Xenos/ Inquisitor army could be fun.

Murdoch
30-01-2010, 14:39
Bring back stunties!

carldooley
30-01-2010, 14:41
posleen from John Ringo's series

borithan
30-01-2010, 14:42
I don't really see any point in the lost and damned having a separate list. I can't really see it being either that popular, or that different from the IG list.What they should do is have three armies in the Imperial Guard Codex (just like all Space Marines should be covered by one codex)... one for loyalists, one for non-chaos rebels, and one for chaos renegades.

MarshallSam
30-01-2010, 15:01
(3 parts - masses of desperate and relatively feeble humans, a few favoured super-soldiers, and then the Warp-spawned Daemons).

I voted for LatD cause that's exactly how I have my apoc army set up (LatD Mutants (Datasheet)(Bestigors fit soooo nice), World Eaters, Khorne Daemons, all led by Angron :evilgrin:

Second I would like to see the Demurig, because without the squats, the fantasy element of 40K is lost. Its annoying when explaining to people about the different armies.

*Points at Eldar* "What are those?"
"Those are basically space elves"
*Points at Orks* "What are those?"
"Those are Oooorrrcccss iiiiinnn spppaaaaacceee!!"
*Points at Dark Eldar* "What are those?"
"Those are basically space drow"
"Cool, but where are the dwarfs in space?"
"Well.... they all got eaten by these space locusts."
"Lame!"

Third an Ad Mech army would be cool, but only if it allowed to do Dark Mech too.;)

Pink Horror
30-01-2010, 17:22
Lost and the Damned should be totally redesigned, but it's the most important. We have marines for the chaos followers, but we need the followers themselves. However, I don't like the idea of Chaos guardsmen, Chaos basilisks, Chaos Russes, etc... the other comments are right about that: just us the guard book. But an entirely new human army would be interesting after all this time with power armour and armies modeled after older wars.

The lost & the damned (probably should just be Codex: Lost unless the TV show coincidence would be too much) would not just be humans strongly associated with Chaos, but anyone left on worlds outside the Imperium's control (literally lost colonies). Basically, they'd rely on scratch-built equipment, ancient tech, black-market trade, and whatever sorts of mutants they could find. They could rival the Orks for modeling freedom. We have enough of the four-god split. The lost would be much further down the loop of information about how Chaos works: some might worship an entire alternate pantheon. The book could introduce lesser gods and combination faiths: maybe even invite players to invent their own idol for the army. Of course it would emphasize that human colonies turn towards chaos without the Imperium (all the codices are written from imperial perspective, right?)

Apart from Chaos, it is GW's duty to shore up the fantasy connection: plenty of sci-fi sources have vermin in space and lizards in space. A race of animal people is a common sci-fi cliche that doesn't exist in 40k right now. We've been stuck with the Tau ever since GW decided to try to appeal to mecha-suit fans. Well, with Tyranids and Necrons we have two James Cameron armies... I guess tall cat people riding dinosaurs are the next army. It's not GW's fault if people paint them blue.

laudarkul
30-01-2010, 18:28
Adeptus Mechanicus/Dark Adeptus...Ok another Imperial army some will say; but Mechanicus is already in this universe with a lot of background and it deserves an army. The dark side brings some balanced to the good/bad fans and also could bring some new models which can be put in future CSM codex...
But first DE/DH and WH codexes:D...

Pink Horror
30-01-2010, 18:36
Adeptus Mechanicus/Dark Adeptus...Ok another Imperial army some will say; but Mechanicus is already in this universe with a lot of background and it deserves an army. The dark side brings some balanced to the good/bad fans and also could bring some new models which can be put in future CSM codex...
But first DE/DH and WH codexes:D...

Eh, those should be two books:

Mechanicus, which would modify the fluff saying that they are a neutral entity
that plays both sides, so you can have chaos-inspired forces in the same book with the loyal, even in the same army.

Ecclesiarchy, which would put grey knights, inquisitors, and sisters all under one central leadership of priests. The War on Chaos made them reorganize their special forces, I guess. Sisters and grey knights fight side-by-side. The fluff is filled with sexual tension... :shifty:

Lupe
30-01-2010, 18:41
Squats and other xeno races.

BobTheZombie
30-01-2010, 18:51
Lost and the Damned for me. Yes, you could use the Guard codex to represent Traitor Guard. You can also use the Space Marine codex to represent Chaos Space Marines. The shambling hordes and degenerated mutants and shock troops (alien and daemonic) allow enough scope to make them unique. Using the Guard codex feels like a cop-out to me.

Other than that, a really weird, different alien race would be nice. Tyranids are the most "alien" of the current races, but they don't seem like an extra-galactic race to me.

Goatboy
30-01-2010, 19:01
Adaptus Mechanicus.
Lost and the dammned.
Exodite Eldar.

If it was something completly new, I'd go for a Xenos race thats fallen to chaos.

Absolutionis
30-01-2010, 19:02
Realistically, the Adeptus Mechanicus. They have standing armies and expeditionary teams all the time and fight much more often than the Inquisition does.

I've seen Lost and the Damned represented with Imperial Guard and it works well. Penal Legion works as mobs of rabble and mutants, Guardsmen work as common guardsmen, and Ogryns work as their heavier mutants.

If we're wishlisting, I would love to see Enslavers or even the Umbra. I love my Tyranids, but I would love to see some truly alien Xenos.

LonelyPath
30-01-2010, 19:17
Personally, if another army was to appear in 40k then I would really like to see something based on the supernatural creatures of the Ghoul Stars.

Helicon_One
30-01-2010, 19:28
AdMechs, Genestealer Cult, Lost and the Damned, Exodites.

Hrud don't seem to have any significant battlefield presence, and Demiurg are too obviously a concept thrown out to appease the 'bring back the squats' crowd without much in the way of viable niches for them to occupy on a tabletop.

Hrw-Amen
30-01-2010, 19:34
I'd like a non hummaniod alien race that are technologically advanced, not 'nids as they are just bugs with bioweapons, but a really advaned alien totally different with totally different technonolgy to that used by other races.

But I would also like squats. They are so much more than just wacky bikers. Not only that if lots of bikes are good enough for orks and SMs then why not for squats? They just need to be made less commical looking.

Pinocchio
30-01-2010, 19:41
dark eldar, they have it all, an army, cool background (space soul vampires FTW!) and even if ugly, they have a miniature range

squats? the developers are not capable of handling such a crazy project

the1stpip
30-01-2010, 19:46
I too voted for LatD.

The conversion potential of the army would be too much to resist.

burad
30-01-2010, 19:49
Mechanicus.
There's already a bunch of fluff/several books to back them up.

Plagueridden
30-01-2010, 19:55
Lost & Damned

Wolfblade670
30-01-2010, 19:57
Cultists and rebels of all flavours, and minor xeno races. We need ALOT more of these ingame. In the fluff they're one of the most common opponents.

Astraeos
31-01-2010, 00:23
I voted for Lost & the Damned, I'm kinda surprised that GW didn't give them a codex, yet Black Templars got one after the Third battle for Armageddon.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a new Xenos army turn up.

Baneboss
31-01-2010, 00:26
Tough question. I would like both Lost and the Damned and Demiurg. Since Lost and the Damned can be covered by IG codex or FW stuff i voted Demiurg.

Oguleth
31-01-2010, 01:40
Dark Eldar - a revamp would most likely mean they could be considered "new" anyway :)

Some kind of cultist list - like Lost and the Damned would be fun; I doubt I'd play it myself but it'd be nice to play against, at least.

All in all I think there are enough armies around already, updating outdated lists with new models and such I find more interesting.

And for the love of god, no new loyalist marine codexes - if more marines, do some chaos variants at least..

Mannimarco
31-01-2010, 01:48
its interesting that the LATD lists can be made rather well by using the vraks series so although lots of people would love a return of LATD people are still suspicious/hostile of forgeworld itself

means LATD players (theyre probably out there somwhere) have to use the guard dex which might be a powerful book with some nice army builds but it just doesnt quite convey the random crazyness of a true LATD

Darnok
31-01-2010, 01:50
Lost and the Damned. Yes, you can proxy them with the IG codex. But some crazy toys would be nice. And I really can't believe how GW can leave such an opportunity for awesome models untouched...

A close second are the Demiurg. Again, there is a lot of potential. And of course because I want my Squats back, dammit. :mad:

RampagingRavener
31-01-2010, 01:51
I'd toss in a vote for the Q'orl, an insect-like race introduced in Xenology that has a small, but extremely aggressive and expansionist, empire carved out in the Galactic West. They've always interested me due to their fanatical ancestor worship (born of extremely short lifespans) and habit of meshing their bodies with technology. The hinted connections to the Tau Ethereals also tie them in nicely.

nagash66
31-01-2010, 02:02
Ad Mechanicus pretty plz? Let the wacky cog boys have there day!!!!!!!

FluffyBunny
31-01-2010, 03:16
How about the interex. There is no specific mention that they were wiped out during the Horus Heresy. 10,000 years of technological advance as opposed to the stagnation of the Imperium might make them a force to be reckoned with. Also they could potentially have non-human allies to allow for more variety like the Tau.

Failing that lizardmen or skaven since I like the look of the WFB models.

EffigyoftheSwarm
31-01-2010, 06:06
The return of an Artibes list (like in 2nd ed) would be cool. Return of Squats would be welcome here too. A proper lost and damned list would be nice, along with a Daemon World army like in the 2nd ed Chaos Codex. Obviously that's never, ever gonna happen, but i would like to see uber Daemon Princes leading Daemon armies again...

EDIT and I'd like to be able to use beastmen in 40k again...

destroyerlord
31-01-2010, 06:33
I voted Lost and the Damned, and was a bit surprised to see them winning the poll too! I certainly have no interest in Hrud/Demiug, and there are already quite a few different xenos options and many imperial options. Currently however there are only two Chaos codexs, that represent the more infrequent opponents of the imperium. Lost and the Damned are much more common in the fluff anyway.

starlight
31-01-2010, 06:41
Pesonally I'm dead opposed to new races until they manage to get what they have already done properly... :p

That said, more xenos/*opponent* races to get people away from Marines... :angel:

Necrosis
31-01-2010, 07:20
Ad Mechanicus of course. Failing that, Ordo Xenos.

Bloodriver
31-01-2010, 08:41
In the BGB there's a reference to the "hyper-violent Barghesi" from the Grendel Stars. If Orks and Tyranids aren't hyper-violent, I'd like to see the race that is!

Also Lost and Damned/Traitor Guard and Ad Mech.

Anything that adds variety and reduces the percentage of probability that my next opponent will be Space Marines again is a good thing.

totgeboren
31-01-2010, 09:00
I voted for Lost & the Damned, I'm kinda surprised that GW didn't give them a codex, yet Black Templars got one after the Third battle for Armageddon.

Well the difference between BT and LatD is that the BT got power armour, but they are both black and white!

Up until then we didn't have a codex for marines that use two colours at the same time(!), so it was hardly unnecessary, especially if you compare it to LatD, one of the most common antagonist armies in the background.

LatD can easily be represented using the IG codex, much easier than representing black and white marines using codex blue or codex red or codex green marines.

Firaxin
31-01-2010, 10:48
First, Adeptus Mechanicus, because it represents the 40k universe better than any other single playable faction.

Second, the LatD. For this:

...The conversion potential of the army would be too much to resist.
Let alone that its the enemy the Imperium faces most often. Let alone that the models would be super cool. Let alone that it used to be a playable faction.

It could be used to represent dozens of different minor xenos, through a combination of marks/mutations. The codex would allow for more variation than any currently out there.

Born Again
31-01-2010, 12:40
AdMechs, Genestealer Cult, Lost and the Damned, Exodites.

Hrud don't seem to have any significant battlefield presence, and Demiurg are too obviously a concept thrown out to appease the 'bring back the squats' crowd without much in the way of viable niches for them to occupy on a tabletop.

I'd say Demiurg could take the spot of a heavy infantry Elites slot, possibly Heavy Support. Size wise more like stealthsuits, but armed with much bigger guns, and maybe some close combat potential against units that aren't too specialised.

The return of an Artibes list (like in 2nd ed) would be cool. Return of Squats would be welcome here too. A proper lost and damned list would be nice, along with a Daemon World army like in the 2nd ed Chaos Codex. Obviously that's never, ever gonna happen, but i would like to see uber Daemon Princes leading Daemon armies again...

EDIT and I'd like to be able to use beastmen in 40k again...

Maybe we'll get the Daemon World list in the next edition of the daemon book. Frankly I was expecting to see all that stuff (beastmen, minotaurs etc) in the list, but I guess it would have made the book waaaaay bigger, and stopped the crossover to fantasy as they would become three separate armies.

Gutzmek
31-01-2010, 15:00
Ohhh.....what should I choose;

The Hrud:
They would be a great addition to the game. I see them having poison weapons, stealth suit rules, and an miasma of pestilence like ability. but would probably work better if introduced as part of an existing army.
Demurig
I see them as a mechanized, gun happy force. would fit the tau army better than any of its existing auxiliaries.
Lost & Damned/Chaos Imperial Guard
I would love it. Still hard to justify a new book just to add SM and mutants to the Guard dex.
Assassins Codex:
I've looked through the old dex, why?
More Space Marines
No. Its great GW is updating all the SM variant dexes, but I draw the line at Codex: Rainbow Marines(with there giant, cyber unicorns)

What? I cannot choose "none of the above"?
I guess I'll have to go with Dark AdMech. Whats better than a tech army? An evil tech army.

EDIT: Darn It! I forgot the Thyrus, the artsy slugs with superweapons. Wish I could change my vote:cries:

TimLeeson
31-01-2010, 18:39
Ohhh.....what should I choose;

The Hrud:
They would be a great addition to the game. I see them having poison weapons, stealth suit rules, and an miasma of pestilence like ability. but would probably work better if introduced as part of an existing army.

I always envisioned the Hrud in codex/model form to have Umbra and Ambulls thrown in ;) I think theres loads of potential for them as an army IMO.

BaronDG
31-01-2010, 20:05
The IG order system doesn't really work with Latd anymore. Ofcourse you can rename stuff and pretend it's different, but it doesn't go all the way. Besides, I want zombies!

Slashattack
31-01-2010, 20:23
GW if your listening please consider space fish, every gamer secretly in the back of their mind wants them. They would be the right fin of the imperium. I can't think of anything cooler then power armoured, genetically modified salmon, armed in huge rocket harpoon guns.

TimLeeson
31-01-2010, 20:33
GW if your listening please consider space fish, every gamer secretly in the back of their mind wants them. They would be the right fin of the imperium. I can't think of anything cooler then power armoured, genetically modified salmon, armed in huge rocket harpoon guns.

Space fish ?

I still have my Rogue Trader Piscean Warrior..it had coral type armour and everything...

Count de Monet
31-01-2010, 20:34
Ideally I'd like an army that covers a variety of human forces - Chaos cultists, Genestealer cults, mutant uprisings, hive gang militias, weird Imperial cults and so on.

Failing that I'd also be up for an Adeptus Mechanicus army, or just a new Guard regiment.

This. A thousand times this. :)

duffybear1988
31-01-2010, 20:44
'Codex LaTD, heretics, traitors and xenos scum' sounds pretty cool. maybe have entries for pirates and heretics who use alien tech etc. Maybe throw in alien mercenaries and stuff... that would be neat.

I disagree that LaTD would just be IG with more combat units... you do realise that just because they turn to chaos, it does not mean they throw their lasguns away and just run around waving knives screaming for pain (although to be honest they might as well considering the capabilities of the lasgun ;) ) If they re-did LaTD then it would be mix of the CSM, Daemons and IG books with maybe units from siege of vraks and some cool new stuff from the gaunts ghosts books, like stalk tanks and wire wolves. Using the IG book is just boring...

Requiet
31-01-2010, 21:00
Im a xenos through and through but even I can see the Adeptus Mechanicus codex selling better then almost any with possibly the nicest models around (But a beast to paint with all the little nuts and bolts ;]) Barring that I want xenos xenos xenos, I dont care if it comes in auxilleries, a book with a bunch of mini armies that you can field (Even if you can only use proxies or homemade models) or space lizards with beards and pointy ears. Im just sooooo tired of those god forsaken marines... Hell Id buy a spare kobold army if they made it just to bring as a backup for someone who tried to play me with marines.

"I brought my super cool ultramarines list, wanna play me?"
"Sure but only if you use these guys. Ill even let you use an extra 500 points in your list."
"Ohhh.... k?"

boogle
31-01-2010, 21:03
I have a feeling Ad Mech will be the domain of FW soon.

As for the point in question, I agree with surprise, I would like a book which has unit entries of lots of different races, which isn't an army lis in it's own right, but allows certain armies access to certain units (SM/GK/Sisters would probably the ones severly restricted), this would allow people to do Stealer Cults, LATD, more Auxilliaries for Tau, a Radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor's army, A Rogue Trader's force or whatever seems reasonable - It coudl even allow some Pre Heresy style armies for marines to face (like cobbled together stuff to represent the Interex)

magnum12
31-01-2010, 21:27
LATD. We need rules for stuff like cultists (something I missed from the old CSM codex), mutants, and the other non CSM Chaos units.

Then again, much of this stuff could easily be put into the core rule book for the purpose of the role-playing/scenario stuff.

scottb
31-01-2010, 21:43
Jokaero ;) well in all seriousness probably Demurig.

PrimeMinistersQ&A
01-02-2010, 08:45
Why would more people prefer yet another human-like Chaos version of Imperial Guard is beyond me. This could be satisfied with just a pdf.

Xenos has to be it. We don't need a Chaos version of everything out there when they could just use the IG codex. I'm guessing everyone who voted Lost & Damned play CSM...

Ad mech is also brilliant! A pdf could also just add the Chaos version. In general however, imperial/human related armies already consist of more than 50% of codexes. Imagine in Fantasy Empire related factions made up over 50% of all armies. Slightly ridiculous, this imperium bias is bad for variety and for the hobby.

Axel
01-02-2010, 09:26
I voted other, for the Adeptus Mecanicus.

Thanatos_elNyx
01-02-2010, 09:28
Chaos Legions. That is all.

Petay1985
01-02-2010, 09:59
I would really like to see a new Xenos race, i'm not fussy as to what, just think more xenos variety the better! - other Xenos gets my vote.

While we are wish listing: I'd also like to have a proper Codex Chaos which is based around humans, with daemons and marines thrown in as appropriate, then have Codex Chaos Space Marines with all the proper legions in.

Urza
01-02-2010, 10:32
Would love to see a Codex: Human Cults, containing Chaos Cults, Mutants (Lost & Damned), Chaos IG, and Xenos controlled Cult HQs such as Genestealers (Hybrids, Purestrains, Magus & Patriarch), and stuff like Enslaver HQs etc.

Also, the option to combine any / all of the above enabling my favourite lost and forgotten army: Genestealer Chaos Cult: A renegade IG Army with Beastmen Mutants which is led by a Chaos Worshipping Genestealer Coven!

Bob Hunk
01-02-2010, 14:10
Other: Kroot! :D

nightgant98c
01-02-2010, 14:50
I'd love to see more aliens. In a huge galaxy, there have to be others. We really don't need more imperial, or chaos. Lost and the Damned was a pretty good list though. I would be okay with that.

Lord Malorne
01-02-2010, 14:51
Crab People.

Artein
01-02-2010, 15:51
Biker Mice.

But seriously:
Traitor Guard
Adeptus Mechanicus

PaulmanMN
01-02-2010, 16:13
Xenos FTW! It would be cool if they made an alien race that are fused with machines, half alien half machine. An alien with machine spider-legs?

Well, anything that isn't human would be nice.

In this vein how about a star trekish "Species 8472/Borg" hybrid. Just throwing it out there.

PaulmanMN

Lordsaradain
01-02-2010, 16:15
LatD. Or Hrud.

Who are the Demurig btw?

Lord Malorne
01-02-2010, 16:15
Tau allies, suspected Squats.

Earthbeard
01-02-2010, 16:25
I'd love a Chaos Guard/Lost and the Damned.

But almost with as much passion I'd love to see more Xenos army books too.

jsullivanlaw
01-02-2010, 18:17

Dark Tau: A splinter force of Tau governed by corporations that have dedicated themselves to capitalism and a laissez-faire free trade economy.

Ph4lanx
01-02-2010, 18:24
LOL @ Umbra - Oh the conversion possibilities...

Army Owner: "So this first one is a sphere."
Intrigued Player: "Uh-huh. And this one?"
Army Owner: "That's a sphere with a different shade."
Intrigued Player: "... - Right. What about this?"
Army Owner: "That? That was a mistake. I stepped on it and it went oval."

If it was my choice, I say bring in the Scythians. They're a martial species who devote themselves to the art and style in combat. The rule of cool would make them work, trust me :)

DeadlySquirrel
01-02-2010, 18:38
Ad mech, squats, DE and a non-humanoid xenos then ill be happy

Ambience 327
01-02-2010, 19:01
Eldar Exodites (a mostly-cavalry, beast & monstrous creature army - this would be fairly different from anything we have right now)
Adeptus Arbites (though the IG Codex does a pretty good job of letting me field them for now)

Spaceowl
01-02-2010, 19:16
Fish People.

Seriously, I voted Demiurg because I'm a Tau player, but the suggestions for a Chaos or even non-chaos insurgent army are very persuasive.

One criticism I've seem of the Hrud is that they are a raider army. Who is to say that they don't raid like the DE, a couple of hundred plus at a time? Hrud seem like a nice choice too, if only for being able to be everywhere and fight everyone. And not being Space Marines.

szlachcic
01-02-2010, 19:20
Definitely Ad-mech or a new Xenos race.

Sygerrik
01-02-2010, 19:45
I am desperate for a Forces of the Inquisition combined codex.

Dio´Ra
01-02-2010, 19:50
Definitely Ad-mech or a new Xenos race.

new Xenos race....space marines need enemies! and it will also break the stupid release schedule of marine dominion....

we just had space wolves, now tyranids and in a few months we get blood angels! And we still need to update the dark angels and the black templars! no more marines....please!

Ph4lanx
01-02-2010, 20:09
Codex: Blood Ravens ahoy!

(Please don't hurt me! I was only kidding!)

Kloud13
01-02-2010, 20:10
LatD please

I want to face the Blood Pact, or a guard army that has been rotted out by Nurgle.

Could you imagine a nurgle guard army. All Infantry have "Feel no Pain", but all their weapons are subject to "Get's Hot."

But also the Guant's Ghosts books make mention of "stalk tanks"? What are those?

I also though about an Artificial Inteligence Army, an army of robots. The Mechanicus does call AI an abomination that is listed among their forbidden technology. Let's find out why.

Motley
01-02-2010, 20:52
I think they should do a inquisition codex with all of the inquisition forces inside and a section for that codex could be for traitors..chaos traitors, xenos followers traitors, and just heretic traitors( witch will be the easy one)

and after that they should do the Ecclesiarchy codex witch will include sororitas, priest, inducted imperial guard units...

Hopefully the new tau codex will have a bigger section of allied races....

of course DE r coming so after those guys we will see redo of several xenos armys for 5 edition and after that who knows...hrud?, mechanicum? ....6th edition???

Lordsaradain
01-02-2010, 22:29
But also the Guant's Ghosts books make mention of "stalk tanks"? What are those?

Defilers or similar.

Hellblane
01-02-2010, 22:30
I voted for MOAR SPACE MAREENZZ [sic].......

Of course I was just being incredibly facetious - I'd like all current armies to get a 5th ed update before GW even consider a new race!

Nighthawke
01-02-2010, 22:46
a bit odd but id love to have your typically really big race of people, like ogres in fantasy, lots bigger then orks, but peaceful :)
be such a nice brake from all the races that go after war

Kloud13
01-02-2010, 23:32
See, I actually believe Chaos Marines should NOT have their own codex. I believe Chaos Marines should be even bigger and badder than what they are now, BUT they would be Elite choices in a LatD codex.

Edit: and HQ choices.

SimonL
02-02-2010, 01:33
a bit odd but id love to have your typically really big race of people, like ogres in fantasy, lots bigger then orks, but peaceful

Er...might be somewhat counter productive to a game of epic science fiction battles...

Pink Horror
02-02-2010, 04:01
They could pretend to be peaceful but spend all day practicing combat, you know, like any kung fu movie.

Sygerrik
02-02-2010, 04:44
Defilers or similar.

Actually in game terms they'd be closer to Sentinels. Stalk-talks are light armor employed by the Blood Pact, typically armed with an autocannon or plasma cannon-type weapon. They may move like a Defiler but they're definitely on the light end of the armor spectrum, and they're operated by a crew of 1 in a little bubble-pod. They can be equipped with all sorts of nasty stuff; some of them in Armor of Contempt, I believe, or Sabbat Martyr, had Archenemy psykers inside and were using them as living weapons.

Darwin_green
02-02-2010, 04:47
I'd like to see a revamp of the old Genestealer cult list.

havokas
02-02-2010, 04:49
Hrud is a bad idea... they just would not fit in.. there just big ratish people.

i vote that they should re-make a bunch of the older codex's like the salamanders one. and also Death Korps of Krieg. i know its FW already but i want them in tournaments.

tezdal
02-02-2010, 04:49
How bout a new space marine chapter that ride's pumbagor's into battle, then they would be fear incarnate indeed.

TimLeeson
02-02-2010, 04:52
Hrud is a bad idea... they just would not fit in.. there just big ratish people.

No, they are not "ratish people" :
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/3/3b/Hrud.jpg

Gutzmek
02-02-2010, 05:15
I always envisioned the Hrud in codex/model form to have Umbra and Ambulls thrown in ;) I think theres loads of potential for them as an army IMO.

:D Now I'm thinking of bendies mounted on Ambulls supported by angry Umbra.
I wonder what the bee people make of all of this?

SIDE NOTE:

I would love to see the Umbra. They are not just a ball, they also form shadow-stuff limbs, mouths, and weapons.

sulla
02-02-2010, 05:35
Codex Rogue Traders. It would have RT's and their mercenrary scum retinues, ad-mech explorators and ordo xenos inquisitiors with their deathwatch support.

Either that or enslavers... or enslavers added in the book.

CKO
02-02-2010, 05:39
Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Black Templar where is the chaos space marine equivalent to these codexes?

MystheDevourer
02-02-2010, 05:52

You have something close to that its called a Farsight Army.

Kettu
02-02-2010, 07:56
Sisters of Battle.

Like Lost and the Dammed they had a Codex once, their rules still 'count' as legal despite being 3rd ed, they currently have no focus from GW and 5th ed itself tends to pretend they don't exist anymore.

Unlike lost and the Dammed, they get bugger-all love from FW as well.

Kloud13
02-02-2010, 08:50
a bit odd but id love to have your typically really big race of people, like ogres in fantasy, lots bigger then orks, but peaceful :)

You mean you want to play with the Blue Aliens from the "Avatar" movie?

They would be big like Ogres, but treehuggers like Wood Elves.

Give those Avatar Aliens some modern weapons, and this could be interesting.

Ricken
02-02-2010, 08:53
Obv I have to go with Squats.
Why you ask?
For the lulz.
And the rage... :shifty:

Baracus
05-02-2010, 20:36
SQUATS? Heak yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(dammit stuid clock)

NagashTheSorcerer
05-02-2010, 20:51
I would actually really like to see an Adeptus Mechanicus/ Skitarii army. Although Tech-Guard like the Vostroyans are a decent approximation, I really think the Mechanicus are a unique enough concept to warrant an army list all on their own, and I also think it is odd that such a major force in the Imperium does not have an army. Plus, as stated earlier in this thread, they could be used for both loyal Mechanicus and traitor Mechanicus, and the idea of an army that could have some cross over between the two most hated rivals in the Grimdark is very intriguing. Plus, with all the implications made about the AM in the Necron codex, the Mechanicus have become a major part of one of the greatest conspiracies of the founding of the Imperium. All that taken together, that is more then enough of a basis for a new codex.

pazshadow
05-02-2010, 21:01
Top 4?

-Hrud= Some stories of Hrud infestations

-Umbra/enslavers= natural xenos of the warp? heck yeah!

-Ulumeathic League= popping up more and more in fluff, still no descriptors.

-Ad Mech= oh god, never gunna happen, but would be so COOL.

Silent Surrender
05-02-2010, 21:02
A race of giants with bodies of liquid warp drifting through space. And there must be mega cannons, prefferably implemented in their arms.

Nighthawke
05-02-2010, 21:09
You mean you want to play with the Blue Aliens from the "Avatar" movie?

They would be big like Ogres, but treehuggers like Wood Elves.

Give those Avatar Aliens some modern weapons, and this could be interesting.

not really, the blue people n avatar are really small, and not tree huggers,
just a race of big, golem/ogre like people who are bigger then space amrines and orks , also which just dont like fighting bur willfight if provoked

robtheguru
05-02-2010, 21:12
I would love to see Kroot break out into their own codex.

GrogDaTyrant
05-02-2010, 23:10
This is a tough one for me... I'd prefer to see a Lost and the Damned or Traitor Guard codex become official. But the Demiurg would be cool to see, as would the Hrud.

Devil Tree
06-02-2010, 04:44
Lost and the Damned probably need a new codex the most. While the IG codex makes a decent stand in, it doesn’t cover the more eccentric aspects such as Plague Zombies, Demons, Chaos Marine allies or general Chaos craziness.

I also think the Hrud would make a pretty good army. While they wouldn’t be considered an apocalyptic threat, not every army has to be. They would make a good raiding force that could strike without warning just about anywhere.

Xuntra
06-02-2010, 05:38
SQUATS!!!! Sorry, had to.

IronfatherMk4
06-02-2010, 05:40
I was just thinking about the interex...thatd be cool...

Tokugawa100
06-02-2010, 08:29
I dont know what I was thinking but I was one of the silly people who voted for Assassins, I love the minis, that doesnt mean they need a whole damn codex.:cries:

My choice would have to be LatD because as many have said, they are the most common enemy to the Imperium in the fluff so why they dont have a proper codex is beyond me.

Second choice would be my race, which Im writing about in the story and art forum.
Check it out and give me some tips:D

Pretty please.:)

Spaceowl
06-02-2010, 08:57
Second choice would be my race, which Im writing about in the story and art forum.
Check it out and give me some tips:D

Pretty please.:)

I'd be happy to, but a link would be nice. :confused::)

Tokugawa100
06-02-2010, 10:46
I'd be happy to, but a link would be nice. :confused::)

Sorry about that Ol' chap;)

Here we go

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243520

Eryx_UK
06-02-2010, 11:37
Demiurg - Let's get the squats back!

Other Xenos - I'd love to see the Slann make a return.

Lost & the Damned - This should be an official codex.

maelstrom808
06-02-2010, 12:47
None of the above?

As someone else already said, it's getting too hard to get a unique feel from an army as it is, from a play standpoint....and if they do I certainly hope they don't go and just make an "evil/dark/chaos" version of an existing army. I'd rather see them spend the time just bringing existing armies up to date (Dark Eldar, Necron, etc.)

fwacho
07-02-2010, 05:06
I think the main differences that can be noticed are already filled out. that said DE really need updated as do necrons.
about the only thing not overlly done yet is a race that turns your own army against you. That would make for some wild battles.

Firaxin
07-02-2010, 07:42
about the only thing not overlly done yet is a race that turns your own army against you. That would make for some wild battles.
Not really :(

There's already enough complaints about Lash. If there were whole armies that could not only move enemy units around the battlefield but also cause them to attack/shoot friendly units, there would be ridiculous amounts of whining.

Aiwass
07-02-2010, 10:39
My Top 5

-Ordo Xenos (we have Malleus & Hereticus right now)
-Codex Rogue Trader (mercenaries, pirates, renegades, anarchics worlds)
-Codex Hereticus (genestealer cults, chaos renegades)
-Codex Imperial Guard (YES CATACHAN FTW!)
-Random xeno's codex