PDA

View Full Version : 3 easy questions...

medevilmike
01-02-2010, 14:31
My normal opponent has brought up a few interesting things which I could not provide an argument for.
MY chariot hit his spear elves and i killed the 4 in base with impact hits: he then argued that impact hits are dist. as shooting.....fair enough, I looked thru the brb and it says something along the lines of removed as close combat but then also states as shooting. Meaning the 4 I killed werent necasserily the ones in base, can anyone clear this up or is the rule for impact really this broken?

Second is a mounted character on his own (us2) a single model for shooting at him? LoS 90 or 360? page numbers would be helpful thank you.

And my favorite one....the BfSp rulebook(only one I have) actually says You need a us5 for look out sir, which I was under the impression you needed 5 raf models to make one(thus look out gnoblars in OK) im not sure of the page number, I will look when im out of work and edit em in.
We roll of for most unconfirmed rule q's....However when we play eachother we enjoy a good rule argument(only when playing each other,never argued with a pickup gamer ever), it is fun to berate eachother midgame.lol anyway any confirms or clearups on these rules would be most helpful, thank you in advance and if you could give page referrals or let me know if it is errated,I would appreciate it

warlord hack'a
01-02-2010, 14:41
chariot hits are distributed as for shooting but they do count towards CR and the 'distributed as for shooting' only matters if there is an enemy character/unit champ and the unit has less than 5 models, as you would then need to evenly distribute the impact hits and randomize any hits left over. Enemy killed by impact hits still do not get to fight back though as they are definitely killed in close combat ;-). So the models in base contact with the chariot in your example are considered dead and therefore (not being undead;-)) are not allowed to strike back.

a character mounted on an animal with only 1 wound is US 2 and therefore not a single model, it has a 90 degree arc of sight. Don't have my BRB at hand butyou can find this either in the character section under mounts, or in the front of the book where they explain unit strength.

Finally, are you 100% positive it says 'US 5' for look out? Everybody I know plays it with 5 models, regardless of US and I believe this is also how the rule is written.

brynolf
01-02-2010, 21:34
5 models is correct. Unit strength doesn't matter when it comes to Look Out Sir. Also note that the champion doesn't count as R&F.

medevilmike
01-02-2010, 21:46
TY for the response warlord,rechecked Look out sir, we must of missed the sentance about 5 models...I knew it was that way just couldnt find it.

Just looked up all my questions after you answered em...impact is dist as shooting but removed as cc.

and 2us characters count as monsters for moving thus 90 and no minus 1 for shooting em.

Ty for the helping

Xzazzarai
02-02-2010, 15:10
US DO matter for "Look our Sir"-rolls.

If the character has more than US 5, he won't benefit from the rule, regardless of how many RaF troops are left.

Atrahasis
02-02-2010, 15:21
US5 or more, not more than US5.

brynolf
02-02-2010, 16:18
Right, US of the "sir" in question matters, but not of the unit.

Necromancy Black
03-02-2010, 00:45
a character mounted on an animal with only 1 wound is US 2 and therefore not a single model

What? He is a single model for all purposes. Hell, a character on a monstrous mount is a single model as well, the only different being that you have to randomise which parts of the model are hit or choose what part to attack in close combat. If the mount only has 1 wound then you don't do neither.

Shield of Freedom
03-02-2010, 01:23
What? He is a single model for all purposes. Hell, a character on a monstrous mount is a single model as well, the only different being that you have to randomise which parts of the model are hit or choose what part to attack in close combat. If the mount only has 1 wound then you don't do neither.

Whether or not he's a "single MODEL" or is "multiple" ones is not up for debate. The question was asked if while mounted he retained the 360 degree line of sight for shooting, which he does not. 90 degrees to the front only, same if he/she wants to cast spells or declare a charge. Only Fast Cavalry can shoot backwards and sideways. As for being shot AT, again the answer is no. The previous edition used the term "single model on foot", today we simply use Unit Strenght (US for short around here). Therefore no penalty to shoot AT him/her either.

Necromancy Black
03-02-2010, 08:14
Whether or not he's a "single MODEL" or is "multiple" ones is not up for debate. The question was asked if while mounted he retained the 360 degree line of sight for shooting, which he does not.

The OP asked 2 questions, his LOS and if he was a single model for shooting purposes. He is, of course, a single model.

warlord hack'a
03-02-2010, 10:20
he is a single model, but not 'for shooting purposes' ( you are right, I should have been more clear here). So in short: when shooting at a mounted character on it's own you do not get the '-1 to hit for shooting at a single enemy model' which was the actual question of the OP.

Also, the mounted enemy character does not have a 360 degree LOS, only 90. But for all other intents and purposes a character mounted on a US 1 mount is a single model, meaning you cannot shoot/zap/strike the mount from underneath him, hits against him are not randomized between mount and character etc.

Atrahasis
03-02-2010, 10:25
He is a single model for shooting purposes.

He just isn't a US1 single model for shooting purposes.

Necromancy Black
03-02-2010, 11:32
Oh sorry, is that what he meant?

Yeah, only skirmisher units that consist of only US1 models get the -1 to be hit from shooting. US1 characters on foot count as skirmishers on their own, but not if they are mounted.