PDA

View Full Version : My first cheese list.

Davo
01-02-2010, 20:06
Hey guys,

My mate and I arranged a game tomorrow, he is gearing himself for tournament season and asked me to bring a nasty, cheesy Dark Elves list. I've haven't played Dark Elves since 4th edition and never play cheese so if anyone would mind taking a look and seeing if this is as bad as one might expect to see at tournaments it would be greatly appreciated by both of us! :)

Dreadlord - Dragon, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Pennant of Khaeleth, Dagger of Hotek, shield.

Master - Battle Standard, Heartseeker, Heavy Armour, Halberd.

Sorceress - Level 2, 2 Dispel Scrolls.

10 Repeater Xbowmen.

10 Repeater Xbowmen.

19 Dark Elf Warriors - Full Command, Shields.

5 Harpies.

19 Black Guard - ASF Banner, Ring.

War Hydra.

War Hydra.

I feel dirty just typing it, God knows how I'll feel playing it! :p

blackjack
01-02-2010, 20:11
soo cute...

Move it to the army list section please....

Davo
01-02-2010, 20:12
soo cute...

Move it to the army list section please....

Ok, rather patronising but thanks for the tip...

Red Metal
01-02-2010, 20:19
Cheese lists are the easiest to make and present. I'm sorry, but anyone can just check the forums or tournament results to see what kind of competitive or cheesy builds are out there. Double Hydra and Dragon? It's not rocket science...

The best idea is to build a fun, yet competitive list that doesn't rely on the usual designs and/or crutches available to each army. Otherwise, most answers you will recieve will be in the form of "You made cheese. Good for you".

And, yea, there is an Army List section for this type of thread.

Davo
01-02-2010, 20:23
Well I wasn't actually looking for any kudos for this list, I will freely admit I am not a great player and can't just look at an army book and make a mean list. Apologies if it honestly bothers you so much that this is in the wrong forum, I assure you it wasn't my intention. However, thankyou for not resorting to an off the cuff patronising remark.

Mods, please delete/move this thread, I have obviously crossed a line. :)

Jack of Blades
01-02-2010, 20:51
I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, but I'd remove lvl 2 from the Sorceress, give the Lord a Lance instead, transform the Warriors into 10 RCBowmen and remove Heartseeker. With the points from that I would add in two units of 5 Dark Riders with RCbows and Musicians. That is, for maximum cheese.

Gaargod
02-02-2010, 00:55
I'm going to echo the 'see the army list section' point? I mean, if you'd put it in tactics, then maybe... But, it is of no matter. A mod will most likely move it anyways, and i doubt you'll do it again.

As to the list:
Give the lord crimson death. Please. Dagger of Hotek + Shield is practically paying for a downgrade. I'd say armour of darkness over eternal servitude, but that's personal preference - he does just fine with regen armour, shield and sea dragon cloak (shield for being shot at)He's 1+ armour, reverse ward - if anything can kill him before he strikes, at I7 on a flying monster, good luck to them.

Lv2 on a sorc... why? Literally throwing away points. Stick her in crossbows.

Am assuming BG have full command. Could do with being a little bit larger perhaps.

Master has odd items. IF you want to take him (see below), for a start, stick him on a cold one with sea dragon cloak for 1+ armour (or possibly regen/darkness armour, whatever you didn't give to the lord. Either will allow you to put him on foot with a GW, where he might at least do some damage). No magic banner unless warbanner - only decent BSB specific one is hydra banner, in a CoK unit. Frankly though, i wouldn't bother.
The reroll is nice for the BG, but...

An assassin will do you more. They have the ability to jump out and stab hard targets to death, that the BG couldn't touch. Far more combat res through smashy smashy. Manbane, Rune of Khaine and extra hand weapon is probably your best set up for this job.

Drop the spearelves. They really don't do anything for the list except provide an easy target. Maybe bulk up the BG a bit more, definitely add some more harpies and crossbows.

Taking out lots of the extra dross gives you more points to play with to get extra support units. These are very, very important.

To be honest... its not as bad as it could be. I admit, it has dragon pendent lord, 2 hydras, ring+BG. But it still needs improvement.

ChaosVC
02-02-2010, 01:06
You forgot to bring a dragon and 2 assassin with throwing stars at str 7 max. Once you have those, you shall be named Da CHEEZE. So far, your list is a Tier 3 to a Tier 1 cheese master as far as they are concern.

Condottiere
02-02-2010, 06:56
I was expecting a Skaven list; perhaps replace one Core with Dark Riders.

Vermin-thing
02-02-2010, 07:03
This lacks shades. :D

This is only your first so it might need some "tweaking".

ChaosVC
02-02-2010, 07:30
Yes and stuff 3 assassins with throwing stars and manbane in it with a bsb holding asf banner. Eat bolts and very long blades suckers, spaz malinze will be proud.

snurl
02-02-2010, 08:35
I took a cheese list to a game yesterday and scored a massacre against a Khorne Demon army that I have lost to before with my Dwarfs. I should be happy about winning but Somehow i'm not. I used a gunline list in which everything could shoot. No Thorek or Anvil, but much shooting spam nontheless. It seemed to be the only thing I could do to get through all of the ward saves that my opponent makes with eerie consistency. Somehow it just wasn't much fun.