PDA

View Full Version : A couple simple questions (hopefully)

igotsmeakabob!!
01-02-2010, 21:25
First question is with regards to Warmachines.. and the game in general.

Mainly, do you round up or down in Fantasy?
For example, a unit of High Elves manning a Bolt Thrower.. two of them. They can move the machine at 5". If they lose one crewman, do they move at 2" or 3"? Round up or down?

The second question.. well, my gaming group has just started playing Fantasy (40k's been our game 'til now). We're starting with the Warbands rules, 250pts.
We have a few Vampire Counts players.. and the question of the spell that reinforces the skeleton squads has come up.
Basically, can a player continually summon up skeletons throughout the game? At the end of the game, does he now keep those skeletons into the next game? Is there a limit on how many skeletons can be in a squad?

I had a couple other questions which have slipped my mind.. I'll try to recall them.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

Crube
01-02-2010, 21:29
1. You do neither - they move 2.5 inches

2. I'm not sure about any specific warband rules, but the undead player can cast the spell to raise skellies (and Zombies) each turn. There is no limit on the size of a unit raised this way. At the start of the next game, the unit reverts to it's starting size, so you still start with a 2000 (or 1000, or 250, or 500, or whatever) point army each side.

igotsmeakabob!!
01-02-2010, 21:34
Thanks for the answers.
Remembered my other question. When a unit defeats another unit in close combat and chases them down, are they moved as far as they had to to catch the fleeing unit.. or do they just stay where they were when they won the combat?

Nurgling Chieftain
01-02-2010, 21:37
A pursuing unit is moved the full distance it rolled, unless it runs into something that stops its advance, like impassable terrain, a friendly unit, or fresh enemy.

brynolf
01-02-2010, 21:40
The pursuing unit always moves its full pursuit distance rolled, unless their path is obstructed. It doesn't matter if they catch the fleeing guys or not.

igotsmeakabob!!
01-02-2010, 21:45
Alright, so even if they fail to catch the fleeing unit they're moved the full distance.
Thanks again!

igotsmeakabob!!
01-02-2010, 21:49
Alright, thanks for being patient.. pretty sure I know the answer to this one (yes) but it doesn't hurt to be sure. When rolling to chase a defeated, fleeing unit in combat do you roll for every victorious unit in the combat (assuming the victors have two or more units)?

Valaraukar
01-02-2010, 22:06
It's your choice as you can test to restrain, but for all who do want to or must because of hatred, frenzy etc you roll separately for each unit. Same is true for overrun if you obliterate the enemy in the first turn. In subsequent turns if you wipe them out you stay where you are though.

narrativium
01-02-2010, 23:27
Every pursuing unit. (Some units in the winning side may choose to restrain, in which case they don't roll or move; if it's a multiple combat, some of the winning units may still be engaged, so can't pursue.)

igotsmeakabob!!
02-02-2010, 16:38
Alright, another question... the Hammer of Judgment makes the enemy take a T test or all hits are auto-wounds, no saves. If he passes.. do I still roll to wound + he saves as normal? Yes, right?

brynolf
02-02-2010, 16:46
Yes that is correct (stupid 10 letter minimum limit).

igotsmeakabob!!
09-02-2010, 21:28
A new one! A friend of mine plays High Elves, and they have the rule that says they always attack first in a combat. Does that mean that they also strike first if they're charged?
Could use a page citation on this one, thanks.

Nurgling Chieftain
09-02-2010, 22:12
Does that mean that they also strike first if they're charged?Yes.

Could use a page citation on this one, thanks."Always Strike First" is part of the main rules. IIRC, it's on page 94. (...I almost hope I'm wrong, 'cause it's disturbing if I can do that correctly from memory.)

xragg
09-02-2010, 22:14
High elfs have army wide rule of always strike first, BRB pg 94.

Necromancy Black
10-02-2010, 01:53
Remember that ASF overrides all over rules. Even if they have great weapons they still strike first. If they charge a unit that also has Always Strikes First then they use Initiative.

igotsmeakabob!!
11-02-2010, 21:38
In an ASF vs. ASF fight, you use initiative. Does that mean that a great weapon-wielder would use his initiative or the great weapon's Strike Last and attacks after everyone?

Nurgling Chieftain
11-02-2010, 22:07
Great weapons and/or charging have no effect on ASF. It's just initiative.

Necromancy Black
12-02-2010, 01:40
Like I said, all other rules are overridden, just use initiative.

igotsmeakabob!!
20-02-2010, 23:48
Can you multi-overrun? And when do you resolve the overrun combats?
Can you destroy a whole army (improbable but possible) in one turn? Or do you resolve the overrun combats in the combat turn AFTER the combat they overrun?

Thanks!

Zaustus
21-02-2010, 00:33
Pursuit into fresh enemy is covered on BRB p.45. Basically, if you pursue/overrun into a new enemy unit, you fight that combat in the next combat phase, UNLESS the enemy unit is already engaged AND their combat has not been resolved yet this combat phase. In that particular case, the unit that overran/pursued will fight a second combat in the same phase.

This can only happen once per unit per combat phase though, so it's not possible to rampage through the enemy's entire army that way.

igotsmeakabob!!
21-02-2010, 03:13
Thanks for the page citation and summary. Much appreciated.