PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Nurgle Daemons army: Over the top?

Dakkapantz
02-02-2010, 02:51
Hey all,

Just picked up the daemons book today and am thinking up some lists. I'm by no means a powergamer, and I do not want to be fielding an army that is point and click, and can't be beaten. I've been told that playing a one god Daemon army is a significant consession(depending on the god in question), and wanted to know what people thought of this little starter list:

Heroes:

Herald of Nurgle: lv.1 wizard, staff of nurgle, palanquin. (265)

Core Units:

15 Plaguebearers: Musician, Standard bearer. (198)
15 Plaguebearers: Musician, Standard bearer. (198)
5 Furies: (60)
5 Furies: (60)

Special Units:

3 Nurglings: (105)
3 Nurglings: (105)

Problems I can see with this army is a distinct lack of magic defence, as I have 3 DD, and no scrolls, and it is rather slow and plodding list, aside from the furies that is!:D

ALL FEEDBACK iS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Cheers,

Peyton

Keetoowah
02-02-2010, 13:37
Seems fair enough, though I voted total cheese because I just felt like it.
It could potentially be a hard list, what with all of those high(er) toughness models. Perhaps make the herald a lvl 2 wizard? Are you ever planning on using Epidemus as you progress your army?

Dakkapantz
02-02-2010, 18:41
thanks for the reply Keetoowah, though it kind of defeats the purpose of the pole if you don't vote for what you think the list is right?:eyebrows:

Sorry if I missed it, but I only see the option for lv.1 wizard upgrade in the herald of nurgle entry, so do you think 2 cheap Lv.1 heralds would be a better option?

I don't take special characters as a rule, so no, I will not be taking Epidimius.

Cheers

Peyton

danny-d-b
02-02-2010, 21:15
yep you can only have level 1 on a nurgle herald
doing a small nurgle daemons is quite hard as plaugebeares arn't realy worth it with out the herald, there for I'd drop the paladin and maybe a unit of furys and get a herald for each unit, even if its just a bacic one

and 3DD at 1000 points should be fine with high T and regenrate, just rember to consentrate on stoping flaming spells