PDA

View Full Version : A Question about Banners

phoenixguard09
02-02-2010, 10:43
Hi everyone,

A friend told me this afternoon that a unit with multiple magic banners in it is only affected by one of them. I don't have the rulebook to hand at the moment so i was wondering whether anyone had the answer?

Milgram
02-02-2010, 11:01
an unit can only ever have one magic banner unless a battle standard bearer is with them. however, a unit may be affected by multiple standards at once. let's say the nagarythe banner and the warbanner.

what your friend probably was referring to (and used it in a completely wrong context) was that when it comes to combat resolution, only one unit standard counts per side, no matter how many units with standards are involved. in addition is the battle standard bearer, which gives an extra point to combat resolution.

edit: 18/5/2 in 2010 and basic questions? I dislike these signature statistics - it doesn't give proof of your skills. it seems that you either like to brag about your wins against 'shop players' or that you make up your statistic. mine is 0/0/1 for this year btw. no time for friendly games so far...

Leth Shyish'phak
02-02-2010, 21:33
edit: 18/5/2 in 2010 and basic questions? I dislike these signature statistics - it doesn't give proof of your skills. it seems that you either like to brag about your wins against 'shop players' or that you make up your statistic. mine is 0/0/1 for this year btw. no time for friendly games so far...

How can you doubt the authenticity of win records in signatures? You're just jealous of our leet skillz.

Zoolander
02-02-2010, 21:48
Milgram does make a good point. How can someone have 18 wins in only two months (for this year alone, meaning likely more than 18 life time total games won) and still not know how to use banners? Could be a lot of reasons, but it's funny regardless.

Griefbringer
02-02-2010, 21:55
Who claimed that those wins are from WHFB?

T10
02-02-2010, 22:03
For some getting out of bed in the morning counts as a win.

-T10

Makaber
02-02-2010, 22:06
And tying your own shoe laces: Massaccre!!!

Milgram
03-02-2010, 05:17
How can someone have 18 wins in only two months

well, it's more like one month, else the statistic would be almost believeable.

maybe he's chinese - their year ends in february, right? but then again... is it really 2010 for them? :)

and getting out of bed for me is more like losing than a win.

Who claimed that those wins are from WHFB?

his profile. it's full of elves.

phoenixguard09
04-02-2010, 07:58
First up as far as the question goes, my friend wanted to know and I couldn't prove it to him because I lent my BRB to my friend.

As far as the win record, I live with two Warhammer players. We play alot of games. Now I'm quite proud of my achievements, thus my sig and the exclamation marks for the massaccres because most games we play are quite close. Its not all one sided. They just don't use Warseer. Technically one of those wins was over New Years and we picked it up the next day. So I could take off one of those wins if you would prefer me too because we started one year and finished the next.

So seriously no need for the rude comments.

Necromancy Black
04-02-2010, 08:03
Just ignore them, people who make a fuff about stats in sigs are just being sadder then the people who put them there.