PDA

View Full Version : Ideal size of units pushing the plague furnace?

sugarwookie
03-02-2010, 01:34
I'm wondering what the size of the plague monks should be that are pushing the Plague furnace should be? Could anyone share some experiences with them and what you use?

outbreak
03-02-2010, 02:39
personally i run 25 and have then 5 wide at the front (including the furnace), i like this because my army is rather hordish and this leaves my unit more mobile and still hits hard enough to the front and keeps it's ranks. Other games i will run it 28-30ish and go 6 or 7 wide but i usually find this becomes easier to bait around or it gets stuck in the terrain (around here most tables i play on end up packed with terrain). I have read of some people running 40 monks but to me this is way too many points, i guess the dump the points in there to play points denial.

Sygerrik
03-02-2010, 04:00
I often run 33 with a Furnace, for a 6 x 8 unit. That means I can have a Furnace and FC in the front rank and if I run another character in that unit I only have to displace one FC member.
I can save 42 points per unit by running 27 for a 6 x 7 unit, but I won't go any smaller than that.

sugarwookie
03-02-2010, 14:03
Thanks for the input. That helps a lot